Other teams thread part II [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GuruSky, Sep 3, 2007.

1. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    ya really old news... but no one mentioned it so... :(

2. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Leo Messi is one sexy ass mother fcuker

3. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
  4. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
    "UAE Deny Mourinho Reports

A top UAE FA official has denied reports in the UK press which claimed that the Gulf state has approached recently ousted Chelsea FC manager Jose Mourinho and asked him to take over as the coach of the national team."

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=432327

5. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Yea, I read the same thing about some of the players at chelski. Sheva and Ballack (bosman) were the russian's bidding. I don't see why Mourinho would buy any player over 27 with their best years behind them. Jol is in a similar situation with Levy (Replacing Carrick with Zzzokora), interference from the board/owners who know nothing about the sport.

6. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Scotland seems to have the French under their control.
    First the national team pulls off an unlikely win at Stade de France against France in the Euro2008 qualifiers and now French champions (and recent Euro pioneers) Olympique Lyonnais fall to Glasgow Rangers (in the Stade de Gerland!).

Did you note the fact that Rangers had to blacken out their sponsors "Carling" due to the fact that you cannot advertise alcohol in France? Carling officials must have been pissed! Beware Liverpool (Carlsberg) or Everton (Chang Beer) about going to France for a tie. Also Celtic (same sponsors as their Old Firm rivals). Frederic Kanoute taped up his shirt a season ago when Sevilla first had 888.com as their sponsor (citing Islamic teachings against gambling). I've seen him since and he no longer does this. The whole idea of sponsorship on shirts is a unique and interesting topic unto itself. I'll stop here in fear that maybe I'm digressing on a subject that doesn't peak others' interests.

7. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    I watched the France Sctoland game. Let's not go overboard. France was unlucky not to have win that game 4-0. There was some bad finishing and unlucky finishing involved. I believe they've hit the post once or twice also.

they dominted in posession, and they had owned that midfield. Granted, only thing matters is the result. 1-0. BUT I don't think France has anything to worry about.

I still think France is the best team right now.

8. aldreu9

aldreu9 New Member

Sep 11, 2007
  9. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Reminds me of Rivaldo in WC2002 (Brasil vs Turkiye, Group game in Ulsan) when Hakan Unsal kicked the ball at Rivaldo in frustration...hitting Rivaldo in the legs, only to have the man grab his face as if he'd been bitch slapped. Strange how the physiology of Brasilian players work, especially watching Dida getting carried off on a stretcher.

10. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Rivaldo's justification was that the player deserved a red card for being a dick to him. Wasn't it a Korean ref who issued the red card as well? I bet he wasn't picked again b/c of the penalty he awarded against Turkey and that red card incident.

11. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yes your right. LOL we was involve somehow in lotta bad or close call

12. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That referee (Korean) didn't know his head from his ass. He awarded a penalty to Brasil (while trailing Turkiye 1-0) outside the box as Alpay took down Ronaldo...but again, a few feet outside the box (not even near the line which would justify the gross error). It was perhaps the most embarassing refereeing performance I've seen because the calls weren't even controversial...they were outright wrong and had no basis in the Laws of the Game. The man should never step onto a football pitch again let alone officiating a major tournament game (God help us all if he has).

I was a fan of Rivaldo (having supported Barcelona). But that incident made me lose some respect for him.

13. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Honestly, that incident didn't bother me too much, b/c kicking the ball toward him like that (even if it was out of frustration) was totally uncalled for.

14. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Scotland 3-1 Ukraine in the latest round of Euro08 qualifiers...

Currently topping the group that includes both the last WC finalists Italy and France... What drugs are they on? Do you know Holyjoe? :D

15. Bluewings

Bluewings Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Cocaine is a helluva drug...but I doubt its a performance enhancer. Never really helped out Rick James, bitch!:D

(Sorry to all of you who have never seen Chapelles Show season 2)

16. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    A moment ago Russia won England 2-1 at home.
    Hiddink is really amazing.

17. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    I read the Russia came from behind to win the game 2-1, but the equalizing penalty was quite dubious because Rooney tugged some dude's shirt outside of the box.

18. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    a win is a win, and it's only one game, but let's face it. Hiddink just knows how to win. He knows how to squeeze a win.

When you look at the 2002 korean team. He had assembled a historic team.

you look at 2006 Australian team... and I can't say it's a great team, but Hiddink got the most out of them.

You look at this Russian team... I still say they're hopeless, but he's somehow made them beat England. If you had told me last year that Russia was gonna beat England today, I'd said you're nuts.

ON the other hand, Hiddink called the England's coach a "fool" yesterday. I think he might be one. With all that talent, he couldnt stamp a win against second rate Russia.

19. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
  20. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
    MLS:

Chicago - D.C. United (1-0) (2-2)

FC Dallas - Houston Dynamo (1-0) (1-4)

21. PacMan

PacMan Member

May 18, 2004
    Just watched Juve vs Inter,

Shit football!

22. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
    CL

Liverpool 8-0 Besiktas

New record in Champions League

23. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    I was surprised at this score.
    After I watched Manchester United vs AS Roma last season, I didn't dream 7-1 record will be broken.

Maybe it seems that Besiktas overwoked themselves against rival Galatasaray last weekend.

24. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well I thought the record was the one that was set just a fortnight before Anfield when Arsenal demolished Slavia Praha at the Emirates by a scoreline of 7-0.

And it's funny how your screenname (BJK31) correlates to the official name of Besiktas... Besiktas Jimnastik Külübü (BJK). By the way, they (BJK) were beaten not by Galatasaray but by Fenerbahçe. Doesn't matter because BJK's board is now looking to fire half of their team after that embarrasment of a performance. I don't know what's worse. Losing 8-0 to a resurgent Liverpool side (but by that scoreline) or losing 3-2 to Helsingborg by Galatasaray tonight in the UEFA Cup. Other than Fener's win against PSV yesterday it's been a dark week for Turkish clubs.

Barcelona looked a little bit more convincing by disposing of Rangers 2-0 while Real Madrid seem to be losing a little of their steam by drawing with Olympiacos 0-0 after that 2-0 loss to Sevilla on the weekend. It's just going to make the Clasico in Camp Nou that more interesting this year.