Other Teams' Results [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by KMJvet, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Boysinblue

Boysinblue Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm planning on flying to Chicago then taking the train to St Louis(for next year, couldn't make it this year), wanted to ride Amtrak's new cars for a while anyways

SeaJayBee and don gagliardi repped this.
  2. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m sort of watching the Super Bowl, and Rihanna’s performers look like a bunch of dancing marshmallows. I think this is the least entertaining Super Bowl halftime I have ever seen.

3. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    the whole stage concept is kind of cool though, with the multiple levels, suspended, never seen that before. I don't really know her music but recognize a few of her songs, and her voice sounds pretty amazing imo.

DotMPP, Boysinblue, bsman and 1 other person repped this.
  4. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honset, I wasn’t listening to the music at all. (i rarely listen to any music of any kind)

don gagliardi repped this.
  5. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I wasn’t really watching, but thought the music was OK. Unlike MJ, I listen to and play music everyday! :)

mjlee22 and JazzyJ repped this.
  6. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    As much as I like soccer, for me, music >>> soccer. It's a life-long obsession. I liked the show - visually very cool and the music was fine.

mjlee22 and bsman repped this.
  7. Scott Rohde

Scott Rohde Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 28, 2018
    The stage was cool and the dancing was great. We have the volume way down in my house because of zero interest in the game. Don't know why we even turn it on - it just seems like the thing to do.

Gotta say the game is getting interesting though.

8. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    #13559 JazzyJ, Feb 12, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
    Very pleased with the Super Bowl result. I was rooting for the Chiefs when Philly acted like they'd cured cancer twice and scaled Mount Everest blindfolded after beating a team w/o a QB in the NFC championship game. So, turns out it's not so easy to win a championship game against a team that has a QB. And even that QB had a knock (and I thought he might be done after re-injuring his ankle on that tackle in the 1st half). But he's also a great QB - the best in the biz IMO. Mahomes completely exposed Philly's secondary, and the vaunted Philly pass rush was largely a non-factor.

And now Philly knows how the Niners felt in the 2020 Super Bowl. The Niners thought they had 'em, and then with something like 8 minutes left, Mahomes just completely shredded them.

Really impressed with that rookie(?) KC RB, Pacheco, who was, like Purdy, one of the last picks in the draft - #250-something. Really an unsung hero. Every time he touched the ball it was like he was shot out of a cannon. And then he got lit up real bad, and after a play or so, he came back and did it some more like nothing had happened.

Philly's offense played great though, just clutch pass play after clutch pass play, and some big plays as well. Except for bumbling the ball when he turned the corner and saw defenders bearing down, Hurts played great - with arm and legs.

mjlee22 repped this.
  10. Scott Rohde

Scott Rohde Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 28, 2018
    HAHA poor Philly. I don't think the Union will reach the final this year though.

Kaitlyn repped this.
  11. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    So…KC won? :sleep:

mjlee22 repped this.
  12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, I felt the same way in 2016 when both the Sharks and the Warriors lost their respective championships. :(

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

13. Scott Rohde

Scott Rohde Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 28, 2018
    Fortunately the Warriors won a few since then (and in 2015 no?).

Goodsport repped this.
  14. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Andy Reid's play-calling exposed Philly's secondary. And the Chiefs' offensive line made Philly's pass rush a non-factor.

Mahomes made some fantastic plays. He deserved the individual MVP. But Reid and the O-line were much bigger factors.

Goodsport repped this.
  15. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup… it’s even in my current tagline. :)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

Scott Rohde repped this.
  16. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

17. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Philly had some "hurries" but Mahomes is a master at ducking out of it. Philly had 0 sacks, when just one hard sack could have put Mahomes out of the game. Really an unbelievable performance. I'm sure they retaped the crap out of that ankle but also, some pretty good drugs.

mjlee22 and vamanoshasta repped this.
  18. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Mahomes had more time in the pocket than he's had all season. Didn't see a single near miss sack.

19. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    There were several times where he had to duck out of pressure, including one really awkward-looking one where he somehow escaped and ran to the right for a good gain.

20. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yes, I remember that one. Mahomes would have gained more had he been healthy, but he was never threatened with a sack on that play. The lane was always available.

I'm going to assume you rarely watch Chiefs games?

21. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    It's not the one towards the end of the game where he ran right up the gut for like 20-30 yarrds. It was a different play where he was pressured, and kind of ducked or lunged awkwardly, somehow managed to elude rushers and ran to the right. It was an incredible gutsy performance given the state of his ankle. Mahomes is also great at feeling the pressure and making a last minute check-down throw, sometimes at very weird arm angles or underhand, etc., or just throwing it away. He doesn't allow himself to get sacked often, and I think he knew it could end the game for him. The Niners can never get him either.

22. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

23. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To sum up the super bowl... Lets do it in mathematical comparison.

Man + Woman engaging in sexual play... Man's about to climax but gets cock blocked by friend in the 89th minute.. thus resulting in the woman winning by not getting pregnant.

24. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yes, I was not alluding to the last drive scramble. I was thinking of the earlier one you mentioned (going right to left on TV). Mahomes was not at risk of being sacked on either of them.

Bills sacked Mahomes three times in October. Also intercepted him twice.

25. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    #nflexplainstheworld :)

Kaitlyn repped this.