Other Teams' Results [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by KMJvet, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    I have to watch the Orlando v Atlanta game in Spanish as the SAP doesn't work on TUDN. :mad:

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #9927 falvo, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Watching it. Can't believe how much Pato has aged!

3. rcoull

rcoull Member+

May 18, 2001
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The score of the day:

Wealdstone 2 Hartlepool United 7 !!!!! Oh happy day :)

Beerking repped this.
  4. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Woot! :)

5. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Either LAFC were told to take it easy on Austin today or Austin FC are better than most people gave them credit for.

I don't think it was the former.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Boring 0-0 game between Orlando and Atlanta. Nice seeing Gabriel Heinze as coach though as I always liked him as a player.

7. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    Strange seeing Lima and Hoesen out there.

Beerking repped this.
  8. Scott Rohde

Scott Rohde Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 28, 2018
    Agreed. Boring game - I ended up turning it off.

Beerking repped this.
  9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So how can a local player in Corey Baird , who played in the Quakes backyard at Stanford University from ages 18 to 22 (or from 2014-2017) sign as a Homegrown Player for Real Salt Lake and traded to LAFC?

Are they making up , fixing and changing rules as they go along once again?

10. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about doing even the slightest bit of research?
    He played for their Academy Development team as a youth.
    Was not born here, nor did he ever play here as a youth. His only connection to the bay area is his college career at Stanford. He has had no connection to the Quakes.

11. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Should have used Jordan Morris as an example. Oh wait, same thing....

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Datebook: Americans in European cup finals

April 25. Belgium. Genk (Mark McKenzie) vs. Standard Liege.
    April 25. England (League Cup). Man. City (Zack Steffen) vs. Tottenham.
    May 1. Austria. Red Bull Salzburg (Brenden Aaronson) vs. LASK Linz.
    May 13. Denmark. SonderjyskE (Haji Wright) vs. Randers.
    May 15. England (FA Cup). Chelsea (Christian Pulisic) vs. TBD.
    May 18. Italy. Juventus (Weston McKennie) vs. Atalanta.

Also: Germany:
    April 30: RB Leipzig (Tyler Adams) vs. Werder Bremen (Josh Sargent)and May 1: Bor. Dortmund (Gio Reyna) vs. Holstein Kiel in semifinals. Israel: April 22: Maccabi Haifa (Josh Cohen) vs. Hapoel Afula in quarterfinals.

bsman repped this.
  13. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LA Galaxy is vastly different than last year, they will give us a lot of problems especially when 2 more of there new signings show up pending international papers they were saying pregame.

14. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bond is an upgrade over Klinsmann and Bingham for the Galaxy.

15. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Piss on the filth, I hope they fail. :)

Kaitlyn repped this.
  16. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doubt its us, but Red Bull is looking to trade Daniel Royer.

God we could use him.

17. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greg Vanney and Dan Calichman looking fit, while Kevin Hartman looks more like Cartman.

Beerking repped this.
  18. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really! It looks like he has aged 10 years this past decade.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #9944 falvo, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Last time I saw him he looked like he was ready for the prom when was having an affair with Silvio Berlusconi’s daughter, Barbara. That was in 2014-15 I believe.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With the threat of the new European Super League, as time passes , slowly but surely, it’s looking more like the World Cup and national team football as a rule is starting to lose is lure across Europe. We have known for years club owners can care less about the national team and tournaments and losing their players to injuries.

Thinking about this UEFA Super League thing more, if this thing gains something in popularity in the upcoming years, I really wonder how many club fans as a rule will actually care in the long run about their national teams. I mean I remember when I was living in Italy a lot of people cared about the tournament while it was going on and when Italy won etc but no one seemed to cry a river when Italy was eliminated in 2002 or 2004 for example. Of course fans went crazy in 2006 when they won but then everyone went back to talking about calciopoli and the clubs the next week.

I was living right in downtown Florence , Piazza Signoria and fans complained for one afternoon that Byron Moreno sent off Totti in 2002. The next week I believe it was, Viola fans were storming Fiorentina headquarters because the FIGC relegated their club to the C2 division. No one remembered or cared that Totti was sent off by Byron Moreno who was later convicted for drug dealing.

When Italy missed out on the 2018 WC in November 2017, no one was crying either. I mean they seemed to care for a minute when they were eliminated but went right back to talking about the clubs on Saturday and Sunday. The national team plays maybe 5-7 times a year and their games are not really even followed too closely attended by club fans.

My cousins throughout Italy support Lazio , Roma , Juve and Milan and can't sleep when their clubs lose but can care less when Italy loses. It’s because they follow them playing almost 60 games a year so of course no one cares about the national team that much.

I think the national team is more of a pride thing for foreign nationals living abroad, but not so much for local fans. I am not sure what exactly will happen but I'm thinking major changes will be coming in the future Copa America, Euro and World Cup tournaments. Cocacaf teams may be losing out as well but not too many people care about their teams or players , for that matter.

Also, in regards to whether CR7's Portugal or Messi's Argentina's winning a WC, it was a long shot when they were in their 20's and its even more of one now that they are both Over 35.

Quakes05 repped this.
  21. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS

I missed all this Super League talk until yesterday, then I heard how the premier league and uefa came out strenuously against it, then I heard this commentary from Gary Neville, also yesterday, hopefully this plan falls through, sounds like shameful rich team greed that could disrupt and damage years of years of tradition. I was sorry to hear my Euro team was a part of it, sounds like there are now calls, coming from Gary Neville and others, for Glazers to be booted out of football. sounds like a right proper dust up. :)

bsman and mjlee22 repped this.
  22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Quakes05 repped this.
  23. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What great rants from Gary Neville and James Corden. I especially liked Corden’s sidekick’s point that it would be like Meryl Streep announcing that she has her own Oscar competition where she is nominated every year (or something to that effect).

24. Scott Rohde

Scott Rohde Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 28, 2018
    I haven't seen a good description of what Super League is yet.

Basically they're going to replace Champions League with Super League where the main difference is that it will be the same 12 teams that play every year?

Sounds stupid. Why would anyone want to watch the same teams play in the same tournament year after year without any sort of qualification or promotion/relegation?

Oh wait, isn't that exactly what MLS is?

bsman repped this.
  25. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. MLS is the principles of American sports business applied to soccer. And it’s American principles of running the NFL that have juiced up the Premier League.

Earthshaker repped this.