Other Teams ** Only Italy ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't think that any big sporting events/seasons could/would continue anytime soon, not until the general epidemy is truly gone.

As I've heard, even if you get the virus and recover, there are permanent damages on your lungs, at least in the cases who get it hard enough to warrant admission to the hospital, and you lose 30-50% breathing capacity with your lungs, which for athletes is basically retiring news.

The value of any player and their astronomical salary comes from their skills and athleticism being a comoddity, and a ruined white lung makes this value to completely dissapear when they cannot compete on the highest level anymore, so 1-2 players getting the virus and admitting to ER is equivalent on them getting slashed by ACL injuries, you end up losing 90+% of their value.

Club owners would have to assess the missed opportunity of earning TV rights and stadium tickets money today vs the chance of losing half 1/4 of their squad to the virus. I do think that the more reasonable ones would be okay with waiting out the summer and eventually starting things anew from the next season.

Imagine Neymar getting it and losing 50% breathing capacity, PSG would insantly lose 1/3 of its market value just by that one event.

2. If you're right it's going to be a bloodbath with clubs in the hundreds of millions pay bill.

3. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good, maybe it will make the leagues fair!

DOctore13 repped this.
  4. Scipio

Scipio Red Card

AS Roma
    Feb 19, 2020
    Iberia
    Or those vaping all the pollution that China's been putting into those vape liquids.

E-liquid is the mixture used in vapor products such as e-cigarettes and usually contain propylene glycol, glycerin, nicotine, flavorings, additives, and differing amounts of contaminants

Disgusting.

5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Screenshot_20200318-045654_Instagram.jpg

Shen-O and calabrese8 repped this.
  6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I have seen that text. Yet, not one report that tells us about the Chinese population in Italy, how they have been affected by the virus and whether they are spreading it. What is there to hide?

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Slavery.

DOctore13 repped this.
  8. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Czech media are saying that 15 Sampdoria players are infected.

9. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    totally believe that. Even last time i went to Milan (2012 Summer)... by the duomo..it was full of chinese. I walked into the McDonalds to grab a water bottle cause it was hot that day... and all the workers were chinese as well as most of the people eating in there. Felt like I was back in Vancouver LOL

La Magica repped this.
  10. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    La Magica repped this.
  11. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  12. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hand washing? What hand washing?

14. Scipio

Scipio Red Card

AS Roma
    Feb 19, 2020
    Iberia
    I'm going to guess he was doing something else with his hands while watching it.

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Would not mind having those talented hand at my use.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #38892 falvo, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    Reading il corriere dello sport they are saying if there was a playoff system in place , Roma will have won 9 more scudetti and Lazio wouldn’t have any.

I’m not sure about the numbers but a playoffs as seen with North American sports or even the World Cup & CL/EL competitions, top teams don’t always win in tournament play.

If they end up with that type of round robin system this year and it becomes popular or even a money maker, I can easily foresee a future change to the game as we know it.

I don’t watch Serie B playoff or play out games but I’ve read that they end up drawing fans and enthusiasm. I do recall living in Florence when they had a playoff between Fiorentina in Serie B and Perugia in Serie A and they had special set of games made purposely just so Florentia Viola would have an easier shot at promotion which is what happened. I remember the celebration in Flrenze when they prevailed and it was something they hadn’t had in years. The town was in love with the team and there was also a boost in attendance , season ticket sales and in the Florentine economy. The next season in Serie A, they changed the name back to Fiorentina as Della Valle bought the name back.

17. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  18. Scipio

Scipio Red Card

AS Roma
    Feb 19, 2020
    Iberia
    “More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.”

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/bollettino/Report-COVID-2019_17_marzo-v2.pdf

We’re tracking the latest on the coronavirus outbreak and the global response. Sign up here for our daily newsletter on what you need to know.

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

After deaths from the virus reached more than 2,500, with a 150% increase in the past week, health authorities have been combing through data to provide clues to help combat the spread of the disease.

Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte’s government is evaluating whether to extend a nationwide lockdown beyond the beginning of April, daily La Stampa reported Wednesday. Italy has more than 31,500 confirmed cases of the illness.

Italy Coronavirus Deaths
    By prior illnesses (%)

Source: ISS Italy National Health Institute, March 17 sample

The new study could provide insight into why Italy’s death rate, at about 8% of total infected people, is higher than in other countries.

The Rome-based institute has examined medical records of about 18% of the country’s coronavirus fatalities, finding that just three victims, or 0.8% of the total, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.

Threat to the Elderly
    The median age of the infected is 63 but most of those who die are older

Source: ISS Italy National Health institute, March 17 sample

The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

While data released Tuesday point to a slowdown in the increase of cases, with a 12.6% rise, a separate study shows Italy could be underestimating the real number of cases by testing only patients presenting symptoms.

According to the GIMBE Foundation, about 100,000 Italians have contracted the virus, daily Il Sole 24 Ore reported. That would bring back the country’s death rate closer to the global average of about 2%.

[​IMG]

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    How it is that there are not stats on the number of Chinese living in Italy that are infected and how many have gotten ill or died?

20. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    the number of people who don't have another medical problem is very low

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #38897 falvo, Mar 19, 2020
    Because the communist left wingers say its discrimination if you single out their ethnicity.

Interestingly, my great grandfather died on armistice day in 1918 of the Spanish flu which infested the world. It actually originated from Kansas and brought to Europe by a WW1 soldier. Just found it was called the Spanish Flu because Spain wasn't at war and didn't have that much censorship for Spanish journalists so they have went with the name for over 100 years....

Not sure if its true or not but I heard the virus was started by the Chinese Railroad workers laying down the tracks across the US....

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There has to be a correlation between the Chinese in Italy and this virus. I do not believe that it started with one infected Italian. The numbers in Italy are likely from multiple carriers, including Chinese who went home during their New Year festivities. But this is not coming out. Why?

23. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well thats the conspiracy theory.. that they "released" this virus to time it when china is filled with people who came "home" to China for their new years celebrations so that they would then leave and go back to wherever they live and infect those around them.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #38900 falvo, Mar 19, 2020
    There is a huge Chinese community in Prato and also in Milan I believe. Italians use their labor , paying them cheaply and profit by having their products with the trademark, Made In Italy by Chinese immigrants...