Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Messi barely even trying too. Miami need a CB bad though, getting crushed with that Krytsov guy and 2 full backs who only go forward

the teams are like watching my sunday league team which I play with every week.

2. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Phil Neville is a disgrace of a manager who should not be anywhere near a top division team. Guy is a complete clown

needless to say this team and the league team are two totally different teams.

I always hate the constant bickering about the refs and "match fixing" bullcrap. Whatever who cares, you score goals, you win games and thats it.

Shen-O repped this.
  3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #33628 falvo, Aug 7, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
    Miami didn't win anything until they signed all these superstar players.

That is why they are bottom of the league.

They are lucky there is no relegation and promotion otherwise Messi and Co would be playing in what is the USL or what is the second division next year.

The whole entire concept of MLS since 1996 was that clubs operate on a single entity basis , avoid high salaries and they were supposed to have strict salary caps in place.

The initial premise of the league was so all the teams start off even and they were supposed to avoid another NASL , New York Cosmos fiasco or rather, not have all the superstars play on one club.

That has not happened because Miami to me a looks like another NY Cosmos.

This Leagues Cup is totally rigged and I hope Miami falls on their face when league play resumes.

SF19 repped this.
  4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah whatever, idc.

hope miami wins everything and Messi continues smashing everyone with no effort

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #33630 falvo, Aug 7, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
    I was the first fan to arrive at the first MLS game on Saturday, April 6th, 1996.

I even worked for the league and did promotional interviews in Italian along with Tony Meola and Alexi Lalas.

I disagree with this Apple TV contract and many other things they are doing but I’ve been wanting the league to thrive and succeed for 27 years...

Voilà......

Shen-O, SF19 and Rossonero23 repped this.
  6. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It hasn't really been that for over 15 years though, when it became obvious that some teams wanted to spend money and some were just going to go along 60-90 days from announcing that they were going to invest in something forever (like New England, my local team and the reason I haven't been to an MLS game in almost 15 years).

Single entity hasn't been a genuine factor in anything except avoiding legal challenges from the players since 2002, and with MLSPA showing up in 2003, it's irrelevant.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes I know but they are going against their own rules they created.

The problem is, they only let teams in NY , LA and Miami get away with everything and have them sign whomever they want while ignoring other teams.

That isn't match fixing that is league fixing.

SF19 repped this.
  8. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're not enforcing rules on the other teams to keep them down, it's the same set of monkey rules for everyone (i.e. we'll make up a new rule to allow people to spend money at any time). There are teams that want to play and teams that are happy to take the attendance bounce when Messi shows up but don't give a shit otherwise.

That Miami is even on your list tells you what I'm saying is true, because it's a 3rd rate city at best with a team playing 45 minutes up the highway (let's be frank, just like New England).

9. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Mbappe should come to Texas. With his pal, Wemby.

Shen-O repped this.
  10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Look at me flying with the masses!

In coach no less!

[​IMG]

Shen-O repped this.
  11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It helps even things out. You need the Mexicans coming back with taco bellies so they dont whoop your asses. Bad for the MLS brand that.

12. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I watched the highlights of the 4-4. The goal the guy scored right before half time when he rounded the keeper. Just watch that again and admire the 3 defenders standing in a line all flat footed. Thats something special to witness.

Doogs and Rossonero23 repped this.
  13. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kane off to Bayern.

Strange to see the amount of people acting like breaking Shearer’s record while winning nothing with Tottenham is somehow better than competing for everything with Bayern. Kane and Kim easily puts them up there with anyone in CL.

shiboboo and r0adrunner repped this.
  14. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    EPL fanatics smelling their own farts trying to convince thmselves that their shitty league is somehow better than CL and any other league, even if you play for the relegation sides in EPL.

Now we'll find out if Kane is the real deal or an EPL-only wander.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #33640 falvo, Aug 12, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2023
    I saw the Miami game and Messi had a nice goal at the end in beating Charlotte 4-0.

Los Angeles FC lost to Monterrey 2–3 and they are the last Mexican team left in the Leagues Cup.

Both clubs in the Leagues Cup Final will automatically qualify for 2024 CONCACAF Champions Cup. The Champion qualifies directly to 2024 CONCACAF Champions Cup Round of 16.on August 19, 2023

The matches semifinals are scheduled for August 15, 2023.
    Monterrey vs. Nashville SC

Philadelphia Union vs. Inter Miami CF

Third place play-off

The winner of the Third Place Match will qualify for 2024 CONCACAF Champions Cup on August 19, 2023
    Final

Both clubs in the Leagues Cup Final will automatically qualify for 2024 CONCACAF Champions Cup. The Champion qualifies directly to 2024 CONCACAF Champions Cup Round of 16.on August 19, 2023

16. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Why is he dressed like he's about to play? 30 minute flight probably lol.

17. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He came from the womb dressed this way.

Shen-O and SF19 repped this.
  18. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

The Saudi league is loaded now.

19. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Neymar is the biggest clown ive ever seen in my life. A guy that was supposed to be the new Messi and spent more than half his career eating shit doing nothing.

20. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s too bad how he turned out. He was the one player during the Messi/Ronaldo era that had the talent to challenge them but took the payout instead.

Shen-O repped this.
  21. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Calling Neymar a clown seems like a disservice to professional clowns, at least they're supposed to look like fools on purpose, this guy thinks he's very interesting with his dives and cries.

It takes a special kind of moron to play unfair when there are 60 000 people on the stands watching his every move, two dozen cameras recording, and millions in front of the screens and in YouTube able to slow-mo every miserable second of the dubassery.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  22. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You want to have seen the amount of butthurt on this forum when a few of us were seeing where his career was heading years ago. Another overrated show pony. All he needs to complete the modern day Brazilian player legacy is to end up in jail.

Doogs and Midfield General repped this.
  24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Watch: Harry Kane locate his Bayern Munich locker

by Mike Woitalla @MikeWoitalla,

The 11-time defending Bundesliga champion Bayern Munich filmed its $120 million man Harry Kane meeting his new teammates and finding a place for his gear.

Shortly afterward, the 30-year-old, who left his longtime club Tottenham Hotspur looking to finally win a major title, entered the Bayern Munich-hosted Supercup vs. RB Leipzig in the 64th minute. Leipzig was ahead, 2-0, by then and won the clash between last year's league and cup winners, 3-0.

25. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Picking up where he left off on his first day by picking up a runners up medal.

Shen-O repped this.