Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    wm72 repped this.
  2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

6000% increase in the past 4 months. I wonder what it could be eh?

:(

Midfield General repped this.
  3. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rangnick to United is supposed to be close with him keeping a consulting position after this season.

Wanted to see what he could do at a big team since his Schalke days.

4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

Still has it...Should have signed Radja in the summer. The squad needed another leader.

5. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Don't be one of those people.

whill4 repped this.
  6. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of what people?

giallorosso86 and La Magica repped this.
  7. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Blaming Covid vaccines

8. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only see him asking a question not blaming anything. Isn't it human nature and good for learning to be inquisitive and curious? Do you not ever ask questions to try and figure out why something may or may not be happening?

As for your assertion that he's "blaming covid vaccines" I think it's a reasonable discussion to have. Maybe it isn't the reason that this uptick in accidents is happening but it's healthy to discuss the possibilities, no?

giallorosso86 and La Magica repped this.
  9. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Asking as you always should. 100+ athletes now in 6 months have had heart issues. An over 6000% increase in 6 months is not normal. Question everything always. Matt Le Tisser asked that question, a very famous ex pro after seeing it happen multiple times in one night in different venues, from on the pitch and in the stands. Im disappointed you would address a legit issue in a sport we all love with "dont be one of those people".

10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Thanks man!

11. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #32887 whill4, Dec 9, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    Considering covid has been shown to have pretty serious long term cardiovascular issues with some people, I would probably place my bets on the actual disease being the primary culprit. Especially long covid effects sometimes not showing up until months after infection.

Players are probably more likely to be exposed now more than ever since many of the restrictions have been lifted over the last year.

ErPupone, wm72, rougou and 1 other person repped this.
  12. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    what fake news do you subscribe to? tfiglobalnews.com ? lol.

13. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
  14. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Possible. I guess we'll never really know though unless we know for sure that the players in question have had covid.

whill4 repped this.
  15. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm going to assume you dont know just how many players have went down with issues in matches and in training in the past few months. Its ridiculous and we have never seen this many in such a short space of time. Open your eyes and pay attention instead of throwing around buzz words like fake news. Is it the cause? I dont know but its not to be automically dismissed.

16. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, when he said what happened six months ago, I thought he was talking about the 9th Fast and Furious movie coming out.

17. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankly, idc what the reasoning is if they start taking heart health more seriously in these players. Too many had been dropping due to undiagnosed cardiomyopathy already.

As far as Le Tessier asking if FIFA cares about the players. Lol, no. They don't. Aren't they trying to float more frequent World Cups now? That would make the wheels fall off players faster than modern sports science can duct take them back together.

whill4 repped this.
  18. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fifa dont care other than money obviously, but more players speaking up and putting them on the spot at least starts to riase awareness of an issue that cannot just be ignored away. Good for him to start addressing the elphant in the room. The initial pfizer data set released last week also further adds concern this is a potential casue. Go look across even across the european leagues and see this rise. Its not just deaths but incidents in training that is leaving players more than likely never able to play again with an apparently sudden onset of heart inflamation. I have watched football for 20 years. Never seen this before.

There seems to be a fear in people to even acknowlegde this might be a cause, like Andreas comment, please dont be one of those guys or the fake news comment after. Please dont talk or say anthing different to the mainstream narrative that Im told is whats happening. Im scared mummy.

19. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The chance of getting a myocarditis from the vaccine is so rare even in the most susceptible group (young males) that it's most probably not the cause for the suspected rise in incidents. Same goes for a Covid infection (where the chance is higher I might add). The real reason just seems to be that the media is reporting these incidents (especially at amateur levels) more often because there's more awareness after what happened to Eriksen at the Euros.

Just saw Chelsea vs Leeds and the way they use VAR in the Premier League is just so much more transparent than in Serie A. You can see what pictures the VAR is looking at and what he's actually checking for instead of just showing the ref's face for 5 minutes.

shiboboo, Andreas and whill4 repped this.
  20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You cannot say the chances are very low from this new type of vaccine as we're only getting data back now. We will find out over the years ahead. Again, this is one study, more needs to be done but its significant enough to look into without others (not you) trying to automically shut down the conversation.

This man has intregrity. He has followed the data the whole time. Now hes not afraid to question when its throwing up something significant.

21. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Short version because it's OT, you can DM me if you want details:
    1) Vaccine induced myocarditis doesn't happen years after the jab. The rate has already been known since the summer when the first studies about it have been published.
    2) The abstract (there's not even a full text study) the guy in the video is talking about is an example of bad scientific practice. The journal has already published an expression of concern because of that to which the author hasn't answered so far. It's probably gonna be retracted. So far studies have not shown an elevated ACS risk after getting the vaccine.

22. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Until you have some kind of evidence linking it to the vaccine then that is the definition of fake news...

23. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Exactly. and as we know, Eriksen wasn't even vaccinated.

whill4 and Andreas repped this.
  24. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    OK, so not only did you get your info from fake news, you misquoted the fake news which wasn't even limited to heart issues or athletes. Would've posted this earlier but I don't subscribe to fake news so I had to look it up.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...19-vaccines-have-not-led-6000-increase-patie/

An Instagram post shares a startling headline on the reportedly sharp increase in the number of vaccine-related deaths during the coronavirus pandemic.

"6000% Increase in Reported Vaccine Deaths 1st Quarter 2021 Compared to 1st Quarter 2020," reads the screenshot of an article published on April 1 from a website called Truth Unmuted.

The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

LordNelson repped this.