Other team news IV

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A finale that may actually have a surprising ending. #ajax

2. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    All England teams final in both Champion and Europa league;How boring...

3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I won’t watch. Not that I was really planning on it anyways

Obsidian repped this.
  4. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So frustrating for Eintracht. Their strech in EL was fantastic and quite an blue print for any Bundesliga side on how to approach the Euro League. I would have loved to see them against Arsenal in the finals.

5. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leverkusen or Frankfurt for the last spot. Who do you think will be better?
    Frankfurt will be losing jovic and possibly more while Leverkusen has added Demirbay they'll probably lose Brandt or Harvetz

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chelsea did us a solid by beating Frankfurt. Now they have a week to prepare to pound Bayern since they will need a win to get into the top 4.

astrophyz and eaglespark repped this.
  7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    There is a slim, slim bit of hope, but the Chelsea match did do us a favour. I wished Leipzig could have gotten a win. Let's hope Jovic wants to give the fans something to cheer about.

Rode limped off injured in the Chelsea match, but it would be the perfect hollywood script for him to score the winner.

astrophyz repped this.
  8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We also need Mainz to do us a favor. If Frankfurt wins their game against them today, a draw against Bayern would be enough for them to secure the CL spot unless Leverkusen win their last game by 5 goals. I'd prefer not to have a last game where both teams get what they want with a draw.

9. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Mainz did us a big favor by beating Frankfurt. Now they are in danger of missing out on Europe all together if they lose in Munich as Wolfsburg is only 2 points behind them.

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    All we had to do was hold on to a few leads and we wouldn't have needed favours from anybody else.

astrophyz repped this.
  11. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Or beat Shalke04. [emoji23][emoji23]

IMG_8479.jpg

Both our teams threw away points that we shouldn’t have. [emoji2959]

12. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    It would suck to have Sane move to Bayern. He's probably the best current German talent, IMO. They'll continue having the same level of talent on the wings, assuming Robbery leave. Let's hope Man City resist and keep him.

13. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018

So what happens to the CL if Arsenal wins... does that mean that at team that has qualified will have to play in the preliminary rounds instead of being an automatic qualifier?

How do they just generate an extra spot is sort of my question. Because Arsenal would add an extra slot to the England pool.

14. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I had hoped that Hummel's curse of not being able to win the Cup with Bayern would continue. One half to go. Leipzig played well until Bayern scored and showed how you can compete against them...at least for 30 minutes.

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boateng wanted to leave last summer but wasn't allowed. Didn't get enough time on the pitch but still behaved professionally.

Hoeneß lambsted him multiple times and is advising him as a friend to leave. This is a player who won everything with the club and his contribution is no less than a diving Dutchman or an underage fücking Frenchman. This clubs management has zero class.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congrats to Jurgen Klopp. I wish he won his first CL with us but at least he won it and that too with a club that's borderline likeable.

17. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Klopp is the best in the world in making players play to their maximum potential. I love him for that. It's not even a footballing thing, it's human thing. It's the best style of leadership IMO. I even felt that his substitutions in the 2nd half were not the right ones, but he makes up for it by having his players give their all. Amazing coach. Let's hope he comes back to BVB one day, or at least that he never goes to Bayern. But somehow I feel he wouldn't do that..

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Let's not forget the squad.

Allison was incredible yesterday. Easily the man of the match. VVD didn't make a single mistake. Mane kept the Spurs defence on their toes throughout.

Jealous fans were complaining about the quality of football. Ironic how they forget how boring and lucky the Real Madrid squad has been the last three years. Barely 3rd best in la Liga.

kbvb repped this.
  19. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #44 Scheherazade, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Whos jealous of those fans who paid a few grand to watch that dross in 30 degree weather? Players worn out after an hour. Glorified Prem summer friendly in Spain.

The all English Europa and CL finals show why finals with teams from the same league are predictable and boring as hell.

20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fans from all of those teams who made it to the knockouts apart from Spurs and Liverpool are jealous.

I don't think 2013 or 2008 was boring. But it was obvious that UEFA didn't want Atletico to win after failing repeatedly to setup a Classico final.

21. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think pretty much everyone is jealous of Liverpool fans right now lol, how many fans get to see their team win the CL? Did you see the celebrations at the end, anyone would love to be there.

I doubt many BVB fans or fans of anyone else would care if it was a poor quality final in 30 degrees heat if it was their team winning the trophy. It was nothing like a glorified friendy, because unlike friendlies it meant a huge amount to both teams. Biggest game in club football.

I am happy for Klopp, great to see him winning a final, he is an unbelievable motivator and also a great guy. He deserves success.

bvbSlash repped this.
  22. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #47 Scheherazade, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    @Alex C Be happy for them? I do not support a club to live vicariously through their success. It's not a personal achievement so why be jealous of the fans, because their club is more "successful"? If you feel petty insecurity when other fans celebrate a club winning Champ league, get a grip and live more fulfilling lives outside football.

23. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    DAZ got caught flat-footed vs US U-20s to allow the winning goal, sending France out of the U-20 World Cup.

24. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Not good for his confidence.

Two of our boys are facing off against each other. Raphael vs Akanji. Match about to kick off, but I have a feeling Raphael might be leaving. I would have liked to keep him.

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    The European U21 kicks off today and we have Brun Larsen and Dahoud taking part. It will be interesting to see how they do. Dahoud needs to dominate this tournament and show his quality. It will be a good experience for Larsen.