Other team news IV

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Sancho not even on the bench against Croatia.. Wtf? Because he plays in Bundesliga?

2. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Right now everyone is scratching their heads at Sancho's omission from the squad.

3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I watched both Portugal and Germany matches and it's clear both have the wrong coaches. Though Loew has been a joke for a while.

The Portuguese coach was the perfect man for 2016, when Portugal were rubbish and had to grind out results. However, now Portugal's strengths would be playing an attacking expansive game and he does not know how to coach it.

So far our players have all had poor Euros individually with the exception of Meunier. Akanji was OK, but did not have much to do. Hummels scored an own goal.

I don't understand why Germany kept Loew and continue to fail with him. I am actually glad that our Reus, Dahoud and Brandt are getting some rest.

Germany badly luck creativity. So much to criticise Loew for.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  4. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I only half-watched the 2nd half of France-Germany. I'm not sure what position Havertz was playing, but here too they are not using his full creative potential --same as in Chelsea.

5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I watch a lot of Chelsea and it's Havertz playing within himself. He needs to do more. Today I don't blame him too much. The set up from Loew was just awful. Everything was static and awful.

6. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    In Chelsea they play him as a striker. Right? I think that's incomprehensible.

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I didn't watch that closely but Germany is missing great FBs. Gosens is decent but having to use Kimmich on the right instead of in the center may be needed but he still seems wasted. Kroos and Gündogan are top players but a player type like Goretzka might have also helped. Werner and Sane seem out of form the last weeks.

8. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Watching Immobile thriving with the Italian NT and over the past three seasons with Lazio makes me lament that he didn't work out for us. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    I think Immobile is a player who only thrives either in Serie A or if playing alongside his compatriots on the NT. Either due to homesickness, language or cultural barriers which may lead to lack of chemistry. He didn't do well on the brief loan spell at Sevilla either, but has thrived in his career pretty much every season he's played in Italy.

MatthausSammer and BVBFNM repped this.
  10. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Immobile was 1 of the worst signings i have ever watched in Dortmund.. When you consider money spent and given on the pitch..
    His technique was awful, he looked like some guy you picked from the park because you lack of players.
    He only had aggression and some pace.

I am looking this England team and Southgate looks like Favre to me, this mighty England squad (mighty in attack) looks so hopeless, no idea, its like everyone is playing on individual wuality and 2 players that are 1 of the best on their positions (Chilwell and Sancho) played 0 minutes so far.. Wow

BVBFNM repped this.
  11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Well we have a similar problem to the one Favre had at Dortmund.

Our midfield is not very good and unable to pass the ball quickly forward. The midfield is always the key.

Like Dortmund, England have an excellent attack, but when you have slow sideways passing midfielders it is hard to get the ball ball the attacking players quick enough.

Part of the problem is coaching, but the other problem is we just done have the midfielders. Favre actually had them and chose not to play them.

It further goes to show how important it is that Dortmund buy a ball playing CDM to partner Dahoud this summer.

12. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    You can add Guerrero in the 'Own Goal' group.. 2 BvB players lol

13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    5 more minutes on the pitch and I'm sure Emre Can would get himself on that list too ;)

14. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    I was wrong, Southgate is worse than Favre... Now even Saka is ahead of Sancho? Gareth is a freaking clown, England has a team for top 4 easily, but i dont see them going that far with limited manager..

naopon, Alex C and BVBFNM repped this.
  15. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So....Favre takes over Palace!
    1407729233175224322 is not a valid tweet id

16. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Everyone is celebrating his hiring as if he's going to turn Crystal Palace into a championship winning side.

Seriously, I don't know why he's rated so highly when he's a perennial underachiever and the quintessential mid-table manager.

17. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Eaglespark will be delighted, another Favre season!
    But who knows, certain coaches work better at specific clubs. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a very good first season again like at his previous two jobs.

18. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Very good first half of a first season, to be precise.

19. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Favre is a good manager for underdog teams that don't have high aspirations. You look at teams like Nice and Mönchengladbach and they're very happy with what he achieved there. He was just overmatched at Dortmund.

20. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It seems I can't escape him. The football will be dire, but it always is at Palace.

Crystal Palace is Favre's level and he maybe able to keep us up next year.

It's very disappointing to see the club go the defensive, stale, passive counter attacking route. It does not suit the players we produce through the academy and is boring to watch.

The only expectation he will have is to keep the club up..

astrophyz repped this.
  21. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    That's exactly my point. Borussia Dortmund is a club far beyond his capabilities, but many local fans genuinely believed we were going to win trophies with him, citing examples such as saving Gladbach from relegation. I'm sorry, but that is a very low bar. I will also never understand why club management was so obsessed with hiring him.

22. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I genuinly think that they felt they got burnt by hiring Tuchel who clashed with their "philosophies" so they did a 180 and went for Favre who is the complete opposite type. Problem is that they also got someone who is not nearly ambitious nor adept at, both, the tactical and the motivational aspect necessary to get the most out of the talent on the team.

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Favre made a late U-turn and has rejected the Palace job as he wants a longer break from football. Or he may have read the forums here, and is now contemplating the meaning of life...

astrophyz, eaglespark and BVBFNM repped this.
  24. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Good news for us, but Favre just seems a bit unreliable anyway. I don't like the way he suddenly quit at Gladbach. As for Palace, I doubt anything has changed about the offer. We are still in a mess though and if Zaha leaves we will go down.

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Great win for England and I believe we have a great shot of getting to the final. We must be the big favourites to reach the final.

Germany disgraced themselves again under Loew. His favouritism and stupid tactics have cost them. Kroos should have been binned years ago.

The bonus is that most of our German boys, Brandt, Reus and Dahoud (all should have gone) got a good rest and weren't part of this embarrassment.

BVBFNM repped this.