Other - President of the Republic wants a early election

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    President of the Republic Jorge Sampaio called today the Primer Minister Santana Lopes and he told him, Portugal will have elections ahead of time,
    Santana Lopes took over for Durao Barroso when he decided he was going to take the President of the Euro nations, special after 2/3 of the portuguese vote against the Party.

Santana Lopes ex Sporting president, ex mayor of city of Lisbon the came thru with the stadiums for the Euro, didn't agree but his not afraid of the elections

Durao Barroso one of the four the approved the Iraq War left the government without talking with Jorge Sampaio

Portuguese 5 party will starter campaign in the next couple days, PSD, PPD, PS, PCP, BE

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    BE
    how can Santana Lopes be the Primer Minister for two years, without elections
    so justice was made

Durao Barroso new his career was over in Portugal, so he just took off

3. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Durao Barroso was offered a better job working for the European Union, I don't blame him for taking that job. The country has been in a hole for years now, thanks to guys like Guteirez (not sure on the spelling). I like Santana Lopes, even liked him when he was President of Sporting, he seems to be a good guy.

4. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Yup, ever since Cavaco Silva and Mario Soares left politics, Portugal is going downhill.

Our government is a big joke, it seems like they are there just to get paid. I'm actually happy not to live they're....

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Durao Barroso jump the coup because his days were over, his party got defeated against PS almost 1-3,
    Santana Lopes was nominated by Durao Barroso, without elections, new work elections will have to take place in 55 days, I would like to see Santana Lopes win, he did a good job as Mayor of the cities of Figueira da Foz and Lisbon.

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    PSD and PP will be running separate in the next election, its like the Democratics and Liberal's running separate