Other MLS games and Teams/Players [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by UcIceD2011, Jul 22, 2012.

1. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Wow…Gs gotta go for Modric, James, and Griezmann.

El Futbolisimo and TrickHog repped this.
  2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hav77 and El Futbolisimo repped this.
  3. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Interesting about OC fan ownership. I gotta say whom ever put that website together covered every single point of interest imaginable and in an easy to read format. Galaxy should take a lesson from it. I have never seen anything like that from the FO here. I would like to see a breakdown of coming season moves made this way. Who is leaving, who is coming in. Which moves will be done in the off-season and which might be left to the Summer window? What is the word from Vanney to tactics and goals going forward. Any coaching staff changes? What is he sticking with, what is he adjusting to based on his 3 year run here.

WHAT IS THE PLAN?

4. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    I am in agreement, in general terms, with no more older DPs. That doesn't mean I would hate to see any of these guys and/or allhree in MLS somewhere. But for us, lets make a youngish team that we can work on for more than a couple years without worrying about people coming in close to their 40th birthday at some point. You know? Just my feeling after years of trying the other way and failing year after year.

5. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    What is this noise? Knock it off, it is annoying me.
    Sincerely,
    Greg

El Futbolisimo repped this.
  6. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    #10506 73Bruin, Nov 6, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    IMO this is a ridiculous request. It would only hurt the Galaxy's ability to trade and/or sign players if they announced the players that either no longer fit into their ideal squad or whom they are targeting as additions. In either case, the league has set dates for announcing players who are out contract and who is a free agent. So some of what you asking for has been done for years.

I would love to see where all of these asks are in the OCSC website, I couldn't find much beyond a puff set-up stadium description and a self-serving, qualified claim that they are the leading club for transfers to Europe since 2021. The separate website https://www.orangecountysoccer.com is pretty vanilla.

7. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    I was talking more about the format than comparing information on the OC team itself. The OC site is talking about the organization overall structure. I would like that same format from Galaxy but with restructuring of the team as the focus.

Most other competent FOs around MLS already know what Galaxy wants and needs. Or does anybody think it's some sort of deep secret? Hell, some of the analysts have already let the horse out the barn on what Galaxy needs and wants. I am not talking what it's already established by the league. I am talking Galaxy communicating with its fans and letting them know what has gone wrong and how they plan to fix problems, get themselves shipshape and start turning our fortunes around.

Especially Vanney. I don't want to see him crying or blubbering over spilt milk. I want him to face the fans and apologize for taking so long and telling us if he plans changes and what does changes entail even if they are somewhat vague.

But I know it's just wishful thinking. Nobody is going to do squat.

hav77, TrickHog and skydog repped this.
  8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks to me like Philly just got jobbed....

73Bruin and El Futbolisimo repped this.
  9. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Looked offside to me. :cool:

73Bruin and TrickHog repped this.
  10. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It really looked offside. Wow, Philly. That's the whole purpose of VAR.

73Bruin and TrickHog repped this.
  11. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You’ll never convince me that offside line drawing technology isn’t ten times better then MLS VAR when it comes to offside decisions.

hav77, skydog, ragbone and 2 others repped this.
  12. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    This is why we should have home and away playoffs. It takes away some of the bad-day-at-the-office situations and also makes up for bad referee and blowncalls. Single game also make for dull borefst conservative matches.

Both Seattle and KFC gave up the ghost. Here's hoping Houston has in them but man, it's squeaky bum time for sure. :confused:

MPNumber9, 73Bruin, Geneva and 2 others repped this.
  13. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And SKC seemed to be jobbed by a missed handball in the box. It's one thing to miss a call on an accidental handball somewhere in the box where the likelihood of scoring was low anyway. It's another to miss a call where the hand/arm (apparently) keeps the ball out of the net.

14. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Yeah, they were doing ok during the best of three thing but as soon as they got to single match elimination all kinds of bullcrap started dropping. I want to blame Vanney for it but I know it's the league that's blowing it with all this controversy.

If you're going to use single elimination matches to decide playoffs you must make sure they are all above board and beyond reproach and this is what, 3 out of 4 games with shenanigans with the blown calls?

MLS and PRO are killing the process, and the fun. They have to do better. This is not a new league anymore.

The Cadaver, kaburu, Geneva and 2 others repped this.
  15. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    IMHO, it is the whole was their a clear and obvious error versus was the call wrong regardless of the stupid clear and obvious. I subscribe to the get it right school of thought up to some reasonable time limit. You would think that with only 1 game being played and with a central VAR facility that they could have 2 people review each camera feed within seconds of real time. Anything suspicious should be raised to the head VAR immediately.

Geneva and TrickHog repped this.
  16. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently MLS has a preponderance of people who don't.

73Bruin, cleschke, Geneva and 1 other person repped this.
  17. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    OMG the playoffs are still going? I’m pretty sure they started in 1976.

ShortyMac, cleschke, kaburu and 4 others repped this.
  18. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Conference semifinals are done! Exciting game between Cincinnati and Columbus. Do yourself a favor and look up the replay if you haven’t watched it. And the Western Conference finished too. I forget if spoilers are ok here, I guess they would be, but I’ll just leave it at that. This long season of Galaxy disappointment is almost over. On to MLS Cup!!

19. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Crazy comeback by the Crew, especially at Cincy. I feel bad for Lucho who is a great warrior. Committed, skilled and a heart that never quits. I don't know of a worse fate than being ahead like that and then having to watch as the opponent never gives an inch and slowly, patiently snatches the entire season from under you at home. :eek::eek::eek:

This season will leave a lasting effect for Galaxy fans after it's over. Especially if the Goats win it again. Bastards are acting like they own the place. Somebody go take our trophies out the mothballs and lets shine those suckers up with our tears! :confused::confused::cry::cry::cry:

Freaking Vanney!

I am putting all my mofo mojo on Columbus. Cmon CREW!!!
    images-12.jpg

MPNumber9, Geneva and ProudNatRN repped this.
  20. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    the playoff game that must not be named.

cleschke, Geneva and TrickHog repped this.
  21. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Lucho didn't do his team a favor when he refused to come out in the second half of overtime. Cincy was essentially playing a man down.

TrickHog repped this.
  22. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    In retrospect it might seem like a bad call but who would you put in for that guy? He isn't only their MVP, he is the league MVP. You saw that stare he gave Noonan when he asked if he wanted to come out. It only takes one flash of brilliance. A pass or shot and the script is flipped. I don't know that it was a bad move to leave him in there. Cincy, in the end just had nothing collectively.

TrickHog repped this.
  23. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a bad decision to leave in Acosta, and the coach of the year made that mistake. You take him out, that's your job. The whole Cincinnati team played down and tired, it affects you in those high stakes to know that your leader is hobbled. Yes, this is in retrospect, but Noonan deserves criticism. Not so much Acosta - of course he doesn't want to come out.

TrickHog repped this.
  24. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Acosta-Noonan spat was notable. But if you want to blame someone for Cincinnati falling short, I think the blame falls squarely on Matt Miazga. He's MLS Defender of the Year and a team captain and when he was on the field in 2023, FC Cincinnati had the 2nd best defense in the league. Then he lost his friggin' mind and acosted the referees AFTER THE GAME IN THEIR LOCKER ROOM and was suspended for the rest of the playoffs and wasn't on the field when the team crumbled and gave up 3 goals. That sort of lack of maturity in a team leader is just completely inexcusable.

shelbo, FlapJack, ProudNatRN and 10 others repped this.
  25. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, god, I forgot about that. What a mess.

El Futbolisimo repped this.