Other international teams

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by wilson00, Mar 22, 2019.

1. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I don’t know how anyone can stomach Ronaldo. Weak ass flop and the American referee gives it. Why even have var?

2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Brazil’s attack was electric!! Impressive.
    Neymar was visibly distressed and in tears after suffering an ankle injury… they won’t know it until 24-48 hours later if he would be able to continue in the tournament.

3. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
  4. Oranje Agony

Oranje Agony Member

Nov 22, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    BPBlueSox repped this.
  5. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #130 richsavare, Nov 25, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    I remember seeing the highlights from this ridiculous match and thinking at the time that this referee would be sanctioned, or even banned completely from refereeing another match again.
    Typical FIFA for allowing this, and they really are an absolute disgrace.
    They are truly a mindless, incompetent, and corrupt to its core.
    The best referees are in Europe end of story, and they should be the officiating ALL of these games.
    It simply 100% factual as they are involved in the highest level of the sport consistently.
    Not that anyone is perfect, but you cannot argue the facts, and the European based referees are by far the most experienced.

6. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    How about that referee from the USA who gifted a nicely-wrapped penalty to crybaby Ronaldo? He should be questioned as well! :confused::speechless:

RedStormRising, bunbohue and richsavare repped this.
  7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #132 Orange14, Nov 25, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    Oranje Agony repped this.
  8. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Looks like England is in the driver seat to win the group… so I guess it will be either USA or Iran in the knockout stage, assuming Oranje seal the first place (which they will!!)

USA are passionate and full of energy, fast and mobile. Have players with very nice techniques (Pulisic, Weah, McKennie). Got tons of supporters in the stadium, almost like playing in front of the home crowd. In many way, they were similar to Ecuador.

9. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    It is the World Cup, one would think that FIFA selected the best referees for this, but apparently not. It is just a luck of the draw for what referees (including the VAR team) for what match. I'm not sure if the VAR team called down and the main referee ignored or even the VAR team missed it. If there is accountability then those who did not live up to the expectation should be sent packing. That PK for Ronaldo is also dubious/debatable for me.

England tie US today. Not losing to Ecuador may not be a bad thing. As long as you can avoid England (possibly Iran or USA) and peak in the knock out, it is all that matters. Some potential good matches are coming up: France Denmark, Argentina - Mexico, Spain - Germany, Portugal - Uruguay.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They have referees from all the various regional confederations. Crews are evaluated after every game and if they have a poor performance, they are sent home. UEFA have the most including Danny Makkelie. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_officials

BPBlueSox repped this.
  11. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I think Oranje would have trouble with USA’s pace and energy.

12. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Disgraceful dive.
    Weak referee from MLS fooled.
    Sadly he’s not the first.

bunbohue repped this.
  13. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
  14. Musah after one decent game in the WC:
    upload_2022-11-26_14-33-0.png

15. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    In the past the African teams' performances in the World Cup is generally better than Asian teams. This time the 5 African teams do not look so good. Maybe Senegal can make it but it will be tough for them to beat Ecuador.
    Some Asian teams will have good chance to advance. Iran only needs to tie USA. Australia to tie Denmark. Japan can beat Costa Rica while Saudi need to beat Mexico.
    North and Central America are not doing that good. USA needs to beat Iran in a do or die match. Mexico will need to beat Saudi Arabia while waiting for Argentina-Poland's result. Canada will play Croatia tomorrow. I like how Canada play but they need to convert their chances.
    The World Cup is still dominated by European and South America. Preferable results for Netherlands will be Poland win Group C, Iran 2nd place Group B and Australia 2nd place group D.

Oranje Agony repped this.
  16. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Germany and Belgium are on the brink of elimination. There was riot in Brussels. Only Qatar and Canada are officially eliminated so far.

17. The Moroccan "fans" were rioting in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and the Hague too.
    I really hope they get eliminated, just for these assholes.

Gilbertsson repped this.
  18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just read that Onana walked out of the Cameroun team after a disagreement with the coach. What a loser. Samuel Eto'o tried to get him to return but he didn't.

BPBlueSox repped this.
  19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Tough game for Argentina tomorrow as a Poland draw sends the Euro club through and Messi's team would go home if Saudi Arabia defeat Mexico.

20. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Apparently he was scolded by Rigobert Song the Cameroon Manager (Nice Ex Player) about him playing off his line so far and often in the match with Switzerland, and would not conform to the Coaches tactical wishes and left the team.
    Samuel Etoo who I believe is their Federation President tried to intervene but Onana just left.
    New Keeper for Cameroon gave up 3 goals for whatever it’s worth against Serbia.

21. Oranje Agony

Oranje Agony Member

Nov 22, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    This kind of thing blows my mind. What soccer player would walk away from the World Cup?

22. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Gullit did in 94 because of disagreement with Advocaat.

Oranje Agony and Rossonero23 repped this.
  23. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    #148 BaritoPutra, Nov 30, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    Australia won and secured second place in group D, behind France who lost to Tunisia :p… though it was their “B” team.

Australia is now in the same bracket with Oranje. They will face winner of group C, to be decided later on. Hope it’s not Argentina :rolleyes:

24. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Oranje vs. USA
    Argentina vs. Australia

Winners meet in the QF!

Australia is a surprise to me, I expected Denmark to finish second in the group behind France, but they were at the bottom of the table instead.

25. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Denmark was a dark horse bc of their Euro performance. Australia will need to defend well bc Argentina woke up after the 1st match defeat. If Australia can defend well, counter attack and play set piece/corner well it will be a surprise. Of all the top teams (e.g winner of each group) Netherlands is the least impressive.