OT: Terrorist attack in London

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by Begbie, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    We have lots of firends in the UK, mostly outside London.
    However, let us know that you all are ok.
    London is in our prayers today.
    La Barra Brava and our nation mourns with you and hopes we can bring these
    evil dirtbags to justice or a bullet as quickly as possible.

Marshall

[​IMG]

2. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    absoultely, we stand with all our friends overthere. i know for a fact plymouth red is out of the country but i hope we hear from our other friends.

i also hope none of the blues fans we hope to meet on their travels this month were hurt.

i hope you catch the scum who did this.

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm pretty sure young Andy is in the States right now, but never the less my thoughts and prayers go out to the people of London. It just goes to show how short and unpredictable life is. It makes me treasure my family and all of the Barra that much more.

May the scumbags who did this forever rot in Hell.

4. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A close friend of my sister takes one of the lines in question (Picadilly) to work. Awaiting news, but probably won't get it for a while.

I hope all of our friends in England are safe.

5. Fabala

Fabala New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Michigan
    I can never comprehend things like this. I just don't understand.

I have no words.

London, you are in my thoughts.

6. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    all of mine in London accounted for, just got last call.

If anyone has banner suggestion I might have time

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    LA BARRA APOYA UK

with maybe a Union Jack on the end.

8. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    wtf is apoya, some type of Bolivian food? :) I'll see what I can do

I'll bust this one out to say hi to Wiz

[​IMG]

9. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I´m very glad that American and many people around
    world feel with our friends in London!!

Me too.

your bltleo
    from GERMANY

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    To stand with or hold up you damn gypsy. :D

11. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    My thoughts and prayers are with you England. Find those bastards and make them pay.

12. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I have Union Jack I'll bring so I don't have to draw it, if anyone else has one go for it.

13. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    My heartfelt wishes to those we know in the UK.
    I wouldnt want SAS coming after me, as I can bet they will the bombers.
    GET SOME!!!
    Mark

14. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    Just an update--I finally got through to Dave's wife Pam (whom many of you know) and Dave was in London today but was not close to any of the blasts. after many delays his plan left for India. so far, no word of any Reds we know being in the blast.

15. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    There are quite a few members of the BigSoccer community who live in London.

Thoughts and prayers to them, and to all Londoners and to all citizens of the UK. To paraphrase the headline of the French newspaper "Le Monde" on 9/12/2001, "We are all British now."

:(

16. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    A sad day.

Our hearts and thoughts are with the British.

17. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    My thoughts and prayers go to our English brothers and sisters. May the pain of a thousand lifetimes visit upon the sub human life forms that choose to act in such a foul and cowardly manner.
    Condolences and
    Blessings

18. Gaffer69

Gaffer69 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    NC
    If you wondered whether this would affect the British people ...

I finally just heard from my sister - my folks all live way out in the West Country so I didn't want to needlessly use up a circuit Thursday that could have been used by someone who really needed to get through.

I asked if everyone was ok and she said of course so we chatted for a bit. Then I asked what Mum was up to. My sister said, oh, she went up to London for the weekend on Thursday night ...

19. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    I was in London for a week's vacation... Thursday morning we left our hotel and, instead of going to Russel Square, which was closer, we went to Holborne because the destination we had chosen for the day was in that direction. Got to Holborne and the metro was closed... we assumed it was just that station (had heard announcements earlier in the week that so-and-so station was closed due to power outage) so we walked on to the next on the line (Chancery lane) which was, obviously, closed as well. Some very nice, very competent Brit tube workers were standing out front apologising to all comers and telling them how to get from here to there, in most cases recommending a bus. They gave us directions to take the #25 bus for where we wanted to go. Well, the #25 is supposed to come every 15 minutes and after 25 minutes it hadn't come yet. At that point we decided to give up on the bus and walk, and as we were walking we passed a pub with a TV on and a huge crowd standing outside watching the news-flash come across the wires. As it turns out, we missed being in the subway during the first bombs by less than 10 minutes, and we were standing waiting for a bus when the bus bomb went off two stops away.

The most amazing thing was how calm London was in the aftermath. It felt more like an impending weather emergency - like a hurricane or a blizzard - more than anything else. There were lots of authorities and gov't services out and about, less traffic than usual, and most stores closed early, but really London kept moving. The most inconvenience that we faced all day was in trying to get dinner, because so many restaurants shut down early.

The icing on the cake is that, the next morning, my wife and I hopped the tubes to ride out to Heathrow to catch our plane home. The line we were riding on, the Picadilly, was one of those that was bombed the previous day. The lesson is that the London public transport grid on (literally) its worst day is still better than DC on an average day.

20. donnytree

donnytree New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Doncaster, UK
    Been speaking to many of my friends and colleagues. Most of them know someone who was involved on 7/7. Tragically one of my friends lost a relative, my thoughts are with him.

What makes this worse now is the fact that the bastards were British suicide bombers, I could have coped better if they were foreigners, but the twats were Brits from 40 miles from my front door .

Still, we cope, thats what us Brits do. We show we ain't scared, that we won't give in, and that we will never run away.

Watched highlights of the DC - KC game on TV this morning at work (05:00 BST), and saw the British flags there, and the massive one saying that "We Stand United With London". What a wonderful touch guys, I liked it.

Thanks.

Rob.

Donnytree.

21. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    you might also notice on the barra site that the NFFC flag and Union Jack were right at the beginning of our banner. the NFFC flag will hang there again tonight.

hope its going well rob. i'll be over at some point for some forest matches.

22. donnytree

donnytree New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Doncaster, UK
    I'm looking at coming across again next year. Probably early July time. Does anyone know of anywhere decent to stay??

23. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    you can certainly stay with me whilst in DC.

24. donnytree

donnytree New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Doncaster, UK
    Ta, I'll remember that. I think we'll take you to an away game when you next come across. Theres nothing like it.

25. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I got fvckin cable back after 2 weeks

Thanks Vlad for another 100% quality banner

[​IMG]