OT: Looking for pickup in Somerville/Cambridge?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by jayblam, Sep 16, 2003.

1. jayblam

jayblam New Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Section 8
    Hi all,

Sorry for the off-topic post, but I couldn't find a better forum. If this is in the wrong place I apologize.

I'm looking for some help in finding pickup games. I've just relocated to Somerville from Chicago. Now that I am here and moved in, I thought I'd play some soccer until the weather gets nasty. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any pickup games - mainly because I don't know where to look.

I've seen www.othsl.org and www.mass-soccer.org, but I'm really just looking for some decent pickup games. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    jay

2. swissman

swissman Member

Sep 9, 2002
    Boston
    You might have more trouble now since it's getting into the Fall, and it gets darker soon after work.

But there were always pick up games at the MIT fields off of Memorial Drive...

Maybe they're still playing there on weekendds.

3. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's also a lunch-time pickup game in Burlington near Mitre on Rte 62 near the Route 3 exit. I haven't played there in a while, but I was told they still do it Mon-Wed-Fridays.

Tom

4. John Lewis

John Lewis New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Boston
    Thorndike Park in Arlington has after work soccer Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I'm there sometimes on Wednesdays. I'd also like to get a casual and friendly pick up going in your area on Sundays. PM me, and maybe we can put together something steady through the fall.

Also, MIT always has a game, but they've instituted a policy whereby if you don't have an MIT ID they will kick you off their fields.

5. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    This one is Tues/Fridays, but other days when there is enough interest.

6. GreatGonzo

GreatGonzo Member+

Jul 1, 1999
    MA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Damn straight. Get off our fields, you non-Tech people. :)

Actually, this is news to me. Is this just on the turf, or all of the fields?

7. John Lewis

John Lewis New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Boston
    I don't play on turf. I have been kicked off the fields though. Some friends kept playing down there and said it wasn't that big a deal, but I don't go where I'm not wanted.

Obviously, I spend a lot of time at home.