OT: Looking for a place to watch the game in Outer Banks, NC

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by cherno, Jun 28, 2005.

1. cherno

cherno New Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Charlottesville, VA
    I'll be heading to the beach this weekend and I was wondering if anyone was aware of a bar in (preferrably) Duck or Corolla or anywhere in the Outer Banks that gets FSC. Rep to anyone that can assist.

Cherno

Mod's do what you must to this thread if it's too far off topic here.

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just checked the list at soccertv.com; nothing.

4. Doug Dobey

Doug Dobey New Member

Nov 27, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From some NC Dining and Entertainment Guide:

Slammin Sammys US Highway 158, Nags Head, 252-449 2255, The only dedicated sports bar in the area, this sports bar features 41 televisions, several pool tables, and darts. You can enjoy a full bar and a late-night menu until 2:00 a.m. every night.

I'd call to check about FSC availability...

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The only place I've seen games at are at Slammin' Sammy's in Nags Head. They're a pretty good sports bar on the main road around mile marker 8. Probably a 20 minute drive from Duck.

6. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give this place as call:http://www.slamminsammys.com

Described as:Slammin' Sammy's is the area's only dedicated sports bar, with 42 TVs tuned to the sports du jour. (No guarantees on soccer just seems like the first place to call). Otherwise, Irish Pubs might have FSC.

K

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm pretty sure they have it but a call is a good idea. IF they do have it, a word of advice....If you're planning on watching the Cowlumbus game Saturday night, keep in mind that NASCAR is running at Daytona saturday night and YEEHAW, you're smack dab in the middle of stockcar country.

Show up early, get a seat at one of the small tables and order up. The bartenders are real nice and will try and get the game for you IF possible. The weekend of the 4th is also nuts down there. Everything is packed. This is actually the first time in 10 years I'm missing a 4th of July in Nags Head. :(

8. Colonial717

Colonial717 New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    Uhh, you should try slammin sammy's. I hear its a really big sports bar. :)

9. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    I'm assuming you're looking to watch United on saturday.

You may not need to worry about finding a bar with FSC. Most of North Carolina gets comcast sports net, including Wilmington, so if comcast's range goes that far south i don't see why it wouldn't cover the upper portions of the outer banks as well.

10. CPRoyale

CPRoyale New Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Adams Morgan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been to Slammin Sammy's and suggest you get there early, find a corner, and tip the bartenders handidly before proposing a switch to FSC. I was in there last year in a similar situation, and even with a group had issues. I think we were trying to watch a game on ESPN2, so I am not sure if they carry FSC. I believe we finally convinced them to switch TV.

If all else fails, you can go accross the street to Kelley's for some nice cage dancing. One of the most random spectacles I have seen.

11. cherno

cherno New Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Charlottesville, VA
    Thank you one and all.

Looks like I'll have to catch the rest of you tomorrow.

Cherno

12. Pennyfan01

Pennyfan01 New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    Anne Arundel County
    Last summer I watched a bit of the Man U game played at the meadowlands at Mama Kwan's in Kill Devil Hills I assume the game was on FSC...go to MamaKwans.com and ask if they still get FSC. The food is great, it wasn't that crowded and we pretty much had a 42 inch plasma to ourselves....