OT - Cox Cable in Fairfax Adding Galavision

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by QuietSide, Oct 27, 2003.

1. QuietSide

QuietSide Member

Oct 18, 2002
    I realize this is off-topic, but I just noticed this and thought it might be on interest to some on the board. Starting tomorrow, Cox Cable in Fairfax County is adding Galavision.

Galavision seems to acquire the rights to tournaments like Gold Cup and Fifa Confederations Cup so this should be a nice add for the future and being able to see certain U.S. National Team games...

http://www.cox.com/fairfax/new_channels.asp

2. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    they are also about to start charging extra for the espn's

3. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yippee on the Galavision, boo on the ESPN.

4. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    this has been done way too late - shoulda been done last spring

charging more again for ESPN and ESPN2? - what about Fox Sports World and Spanish Fox Sports?

5. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not entirely true. They are threatening to. The ESPN rate increase goes into effect 3/31/04. There will likely be a settlement of some sort. The Fox coontract ends at the end of the year.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/business/20031024-9999_1b24espn.html has a lot of info.

6. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    There is nothing OT about this thread (IMHO).

Also, you can all thank me for pestering the crap out of them. For the last year, I have peppered them fortnightly with emails demanding Galavision. Each time I receive an automatic response to the effect, "thanks for your input, we always consider subscribers' requests for new channels yada yada yada." I am surprised that I haven't received an email saying "stop your bitching already." This is glorious news.