OT: Combat sports

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by loden, Oct 19, 2009.

1. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Fedor's fight was awesome. His intuitive skill is fun to watch, his timing of punching is impeccable. Each exchange was just warming up to his final blow, lol. The way he reversed position on the cage and threw some flurries that were blocked and the way he reversed the full mount to an attempted arm bar was crazy. Rogers was in denial after the fight, the commentator had to put him in check and get him back to talking about reality which was him getting knocked the fuk out, lol. I love Fedor, he's such a simple person

2. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    Fedya doesn't look like he bothers with protein shakes, yet alone steroids. Him "flexing" at the weigh-in was almost comical. Is he a loser?

3. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    and how many other Fedya's are there in MMA or Boxing? You have to juice if you're a professional athlete. Otherwise, how the hell are you going to beat your competitors who are juiced?

4. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    The Strikeforce CEO is contemplating Fedor vs Werdum. I have to say I have better things to do on a Saturday night than watch that. Brett Rogers is big, strong, and exciting, and at least he had a punchers chance. Werdum is boring and has no chance. Strikeforce needs to improve it's overall roster.

5. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Fedor would kill Werdum, Fedor matches up great with him. I want to see Fedya fight Overeem.

6. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  7. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Who else is watching Pac-Cotto ? I've got Pac by 5th round tko. But this could end up being like Tito-Hopkins when everyone picked Tito to win but B-Hop ended up dominating him at a higher weight.

8. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Which is exactly why this bout shouldn't take place. I'm interesting in seeing a competition, not the slaughter of a sacrificial lamb.

9. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    At this very moment, I don't see anyone truly competing with Fedor. It would have to be someone very lucky to land a good shot in the first and hope to stay on their feet the rest of the way.

10. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Brock has a chance if he lays on him. I think Gonzaga would be Fedor's toughest test.

11. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDw3tUuoLpM"]YouTube- Fedor Emelianenko Legendary Highlights[/ame]

12. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I think Cane Velasquez is a monster. The dude is a threat. Would be interested in seeing Ovareem too.

13. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Again, maybe Cain could lay on Fedor for a while.

14. mandu

mandu New Member

Nov 12, 2009
    cotto ain't on hopkins' level. trinidad was fighting someone who was flat-out greater than himself and a bigger man in hopkins.

pacquiao by late tko.

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I'm looking forward to watching it. 24/7 is done so well you can't help but to watch. Pac will win by unanimous decision

16. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Pac-Cotto PPV in about an hour and a half, going to watch it at my guy's huge HD tv which will be my first time watching a boxing PPV on HD ( I think ). Hopefully this one lasts at least 5 rounds.

17. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Good fight last night, lots of actions but most of it was coming from Pac Man. Floyd-Pac must happen now, hopefully the money will convince both camps to work out a deal.

18. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    It sounded like a bullshit bout. I just figured that Pacquiao was going to beat on Cotto untill he's knocked out or the fight is stopped, so I decided to save my money and my time.

THe only way I'll be watching Fedor and Werdum (yuk) is if its free on CBS in HD again. Or I may just boycott it all together.

19. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Exciting fight last night. One of the best first 3 rounds to a fight I've ever seen. Pac is just too good, he stayed just as fresh throughout the fight while Cotto didn't have strength to throw punches after the 8th. Good fight until then, Pac was tested and he took some good shots from Cotto. Pac is awesome, him and Floyd are the only two who can beat each other. If they don't fight next summer it would be stupid.

20. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Did you see Pac's right ear afterwards ? Damn.

21. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    No I didn't notice his ear :confused: his face was a little bruised up but I didn't see his ear...

22. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    His right ear got messed up bad, puff ball status.

23. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wonder if he has the wrestling cauliflower ears or if it was just from this fight...

24. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yea those cauliflower ears pop out of nowhere I think, so it might be cauliflower as a result of the fight.

25. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    So, apparently Lesnar's health is in shambles, and it doesn't appear likely that he's going to be fighting in the UFC in 2010, or possibly ever again. An interesting turn of events...