OT/Bandwith Warning:I'm returning to the Motherland! A vacation thread by: El Ardillo

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by El Ardillo, Jun 9, 2005.

1. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There was also a Polish Forward who played with Sporting....Andrzej Juskowiak...I believe he plays in MLS now...he was with the Metrostars...

2. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nelso actually is talking about Mlynarczik... the Polish goalie that was European and World Champion with Porto in 1986. A few years ago he was still working w/ FC Porto spotting players for them in Poland.

3. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    [ChopSoccerDude]

Yeah, maybe was that one. I was to young to remember, and in my house the TV was a REd-and-White images... :D

But Hiow could I forget Juskowiack? Great player... Of the team of Carlos Queirós: Figo, Juskowiack, Iordanov... I think the goalie (I prefer to call goalkeeper...) was Costinha, that is playing in União de Leiria...

4. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Lol, how could i forget this guy :eek: i looked back but stoped in the 90s, i missed his point certainly was Mlynarczick who made the Polish follow the Portuguese football and not Wosniak...

5. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    okay, here's my vacation update:

(no pictures because photobucket and my digital camera were being gay)

anyway, first, we went to visit gniezno, poland's first capital. we visited the cathedral of st, wojczek, poland's patron saint(who is portugal's patron?). the diocease of gniezno was the seat of the christened polish kingdom under king miesko I. he then moved the capital to poznan after incursions from the czechs and pagan prussians.

in poznan we visited the old city and the square. great pictures, a shame i cant get the deal to work. anyway, poznan, was the seat of power in the fertile and rich viovodship of wielka polska (the province my family comes from). it also served as the launch point of the counter reformation and saved poland from the raving lunacy of lutherans and calvinists. the city hosts a great deal of baroque palaces and churches, mostly funded by the local szlachta(nobility) such as the gorka family.

after poznan we visited the ruins of biskupin. it dates the first slavs in poland, cerca 350 bc. although pagan and culturatively similar to monguls, they were poles nonetheless. its was cool.

we then came back to leszno and chilled. drank some whith the family, went to a dyskoteka and whatever. fun stuff, great beer, good girls, and family! i love it!

we visited our cousins alina, asia, jakuba, wojtas, mateusz, anja, paulina, domenika, pawel, and malgozata. (of various ages from 39 to 12)...not to mention my loads of aunts.

my uncle, the priest, was over to celebrate his 40th anniversary of the priesthood in leszno. so i got to see my uncle jerzy and the good uncle reverend doctor.

having fun, see you later. (i'm in a neeto internet cafe!!)

(bump this thread to keep it on the front page!)

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    we can use your help for our 100,000 by August 12, my departure for Portugal, we need 300 posts a day :D

7. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    final (probably) vacation update.

after chilling in leszno we were off to visit my ciocia hanka (aunt hanna) in slupsk. from there we went to the beautiful beachs of ustka and rowy. we got tanned etc. after that we went for a historical tour of Gdansk and Gdinia. it was fun. we then hit the beaches for the last time by going to Hel. its that little peninsula thats at the top of poland.

we saw the president's vacation retreat house, its like polish camp david.

this was a crappy update i know, but it would be better if i had pictures. :(

8. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Tanned in Poland? Whoa!

Also, I didn't know Hell was in Poland! :p

9. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    think of poland as slavic portugal. it has the major similarities; Catholicism, formerly oppressive governments, hot girls, and good alcohol.

the only difference is that Poland's summer temperature caps at around 35 c. where as portugal burns in the summer sun.

10. Montecristo911

Mar 22, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere else....

Did you ever get those pictures into an online photo album that I could see?

Matt