OT/Bandwith Warning:I'm returning to the Motherland! A vacation thread by: El Ardillo

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by El Ardillo, Jun 9, 2005.

1. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    Ja wracam do ojczyzna od mojego przodkowie!

i am returning to the land of my ancestors on Jun 14 and will be staying in Poland until the 20th of Jul. I will use this thread as a farewell thread, an announcement to my absence, as well as a chronicle of the drin-- i mean visiting of historical places and family. no drinking whatsoever

i'll post here when i can and possibly post pictures and summaries of the places i have visited.

i'll start off with a summary of my home town, Leszno (Lissa to the Germans)

A picture of Leszno relative to the surrounding Europe. Note that the territory falls into the historically disputed lands between Saxony and Wielka Polska:

[​IMG]

A picture of the Ratus, the town hall of leszno:

[​IMG]

A picture of German occupied Lissa, cerca 1690s:

[​IMG]

Leszno's coat of arms, displays the cities significance as an agricultural center and Teutonic history as portrayed by the black eagle. Below:

[​IMG]

Historically, this part of Poland was either affiliated with the Prussia Province of Posen, The Grand Duchy of Warsaw's Province of Poznan, or The Voivodship of Greater Poland (województwo wielkopolskie). Anyway, its pretty multi-cultural having changed hands recently. Its a comfortable region to live in, nice weather, realtively typical homogeneous European society with a variety of entertainment.

if ever anyone is in Poland, come here. its by far better than the Russian sympathizers in the east and more urban than the southern mountains. Dont get me wrong, the mountains are cool, but they have "easy-going people" when it comes to thinking. also, alot of "cigani" (gypsies) and people who con you outta your money and/or your place in line. (thats a story for another day)

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    good read.

Enjoy your trip! but you will be back (again :p ) so no need for the fairwells.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i thought portugal is your home...what is going on here!?

4. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He's Polish.

5. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    lol, i dont understand myself. i'm a patriots fan, when i should be supporting the eagles in neighboring philly. stuff like this describes my life, part of one group supporting another.

...typical democrat.

6. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    Emjoy your trip. Enjoy the girls over there

7. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    i will, wholely and vivaciously.

8. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    tomorrow we'll be heading up to newark via lovely Amtrak (no sarcasm. its the damned republican's fault that rail lines in this country are crap! my dad worked for amtrak for 40 years and those cvnts tried to take away his pension)...anyway up to newark on amtrak to go to the airport to catch our flight.

...i'll be posting my travels on occasion.

hasta luego mis amigos portugeusos! see you in july.

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    later El ardillo...I got Familia that live in Newark. I love it there. But im guessing you basically only going to the Airport.

10. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    yeah. unless your family wants some unfamiliar polish guests? :p

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    polish...i thought you were portugues...or spanish at least?

12. Montecristo911

Mar 22, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    El Ardillo,

You'll have to let me know some of the places I should visit on my trip to Poland in September.

Matt

13. LuisCamoes

LuisCamoes Red Card

Jul 25, 2004
    Boston USA
    do you blame him for wanting to be portuguese ;) hell I love me, everyday I look in the mirror and say "you linguica eatin bastard I love you"

:D

14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Joel I don't mean to quote myself...no wait yeah I do.

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    well excuse - moi good dead....and my name is Joelzinho to YOU sir....GOODDAY!

16. umbra

umbra Member

Aug 19, 2001
    DC
    Re: OT/Bandwith Warning:I'm returning to the Motherland! A vacation thread by: El Ard

no drinking?!?! not even potatoe vodka? please?

17. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Sure Polish don't drink Vodka Like Portuguese don't drink wine. :rolleyes:

18. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Can u bring me back Ines Cudna?

19. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    witanie z polski!

anyway, i'm writing a short message to tell you that i will soon be posting a chronicle of my travels within poland.

in response to Matt's question on where he should go, i recommend lichen, czestochowa, and krakow.

i need to go, more later. having too much fun enjoying the drinks, the weather, the women, and my family.

20. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Good on you, And yes enjoy the Women and the Family, Just don't enjoy the family women. ;)

21. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    hah...

anyway, not ready to post my pics yet, i havent been able to create a photobucket account yet. i wanted to address something said earlier in the thread.

i love portugal's soccer, it is after all, the best in the world. :p

i am and will always be a son of the nation of poland. i dont want to be portuguese, but if i couldn't be polish, i'd choose to portuguese. your people are similar to mine, strong, party-loving, and good catholics. (mostly)

so, i am a fan of your soccer, simply.

22. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Was all of this up for debate?

Anyway enjoy your time in the Mother land....:)

23. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    Enjoy your tripp, "El Andarillo"!

(And to the others... this guy is not the only polish that likes portuguese soccer... since a polish goalkeeper came to POrtugal, to play FC Porto, many polish follow our soccer!!!)

I dont remember the name, maybe Myalcarsky or something like that...

24. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    The keeper you are referreing to was Wosniak, he wasn´t very good, on the other hand Mielcarsky was a striker, i liked him but he had several injury problems, he was similar to Jankauskas but i think we was better with his feet.

25. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    Thank you for this... I'am not a FC Porto fan... :)