OT: Argentina-El Salvador friendly at RFK?

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by toomanywords, Aug 23, 2006.

1. toomanywords

toomanywords Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    DC United
    Heard a rumor from a friend of mine who's plugged in to things at RFK that there's some attempt going to schedule an Argentina-El Salvador friendly here in D.C. later this fall. Anyone else hearing anything similar? Maybe Gomez and Erpen can make their national team debuts...

2. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Colorado
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

AGUANTE ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to break out the jersey! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

3. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    this is good news

4. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As with any rumor of this sort, let wide speculation be abound.... Freddy Adu defects to El Salvador, plays against the 3 United Argies and it becomes a DC United battle Royale! :eek: :rolleyes:

I'd definitely go see that "friendly"!

5. dcsundevil2002

Apr 20, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A this would be very cool to watch, I cannot see either FA allowing their players to risk an injury on the Baseball field. Just my 2 cents.

6. toomanywords

toomanywords Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    DC United
    Yeah, I sort of thought the same thing, though if it's after early October, the Nats won't be playing (unless the rest of the NL East forfeits their remaining games), so who knows. Like I said -- it's a rumor. Would be awfully fun if it came true, though...

7. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    My first thought, Sorin and Messi both crippled by the pitcher's mound. Add the clubs who pay these guys to the list of those who may object.

8. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well you know I'm going... but I have not heard about a ES/Argie friendly... There is one coming up, in RFK, between ES and ARMENIA on 9/17...

You sure you didn't hear incorrectly? :p

I hope the sources I read heard incorrectly though, I rather see ES vs. Argentina than Armenia...

9. toomanywords

toomanywords Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    DC United
    That's entirely possible -- apparently whoever called the stadium up said they were trying to organize a friendly at "JFK Stadium," so there's obviously something getting lost in the translation somewhere (from Spanish->Armenian->English?)...

10. Allan Quatermain

Oct 23, 2001
    The Lost City of Gol
    Club:
    DC United

Did this match ever take place? I heard absolutely nothing about it, though I likely would have gone.

Wait a minute ... I just checked the schedule and the Nats played at RFK that day. Hell, I was even at that game.

Is it possible there is an El Salvador game on OCTOBER 17? And are they really playing Armenia? Wow, that seems dreadful. But if they play it I will go.

11. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    I just checked the FIFA website and there is no match scheduled between El Salvador and Armenia under the fixtures section. I know their website does not always have all the matches that are being played and sometime have wrong dates. Was this a joke or are they really going to play?

12. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The match was scratched completely. Right now there are no friendlies scheduled for ES at the pro level.

13. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please keep me posted on this cause I'll make the 4 hr trip to RFK!

14. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    You got it hommie.