Osorio for Coach!

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by madmike, Dec 2, 2004.

1. madmike

madmike New Member

Feb 17, 2004
    I really think this guy is the best man for the Job. Not only does he have MLS experience like all the other candidates, but he is currently working with some of the best players in the world at Manchester City. Surely he will bring some new ideas to the MLS, and no doubt the Rapids will benefit from it. Claudia Reyna sings his praise, and he works with him on a daily basis!
    Any thoughts?

2. Madrileno

Madrileno New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Denver
    I totally agree. We need someone that can bring some European flavor to the team.

3. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Curiosity question that I'm appending to this thread, because it doesn't belong in its own.

How would people characterize Man City's style of play? I've read a few posts that have worry over the influence that Bliss has had under Gansler, or Trittschuh under Hankinson. Assuming that this is really a worthy consideration, and it would be across leagues, if at all. What style does Man City play, and is it one we'd hope to see in Denver?

4. WJMarx

WJMarx BigSoccer Supporter

May 5, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was the fitness coach with Metrostars and remains the fitness coach with Manchester City. Certainly less than the ideal credentials for a team manager/head coach!

5. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got to go with Marx on this one. How is his position as a fitness coach/trainer getting him a head coaching interview?

6. The Grass Man

The Grass Man New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    On a soccer field
  7. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, some of the Rapids players do seem to tire out in games. Our injury bugs have the scent of poor training as well.

Just a thought.

8. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Totally, if he could field a Rapids team that isn't hampered by injuries all year ... he'd already improve the club!!! :D

9. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a good point.

10. madmike

madmike New Member

Feb 17, 2004
    He actually was in charge of the day to day training w/ the Metros, and currently with Manchester City he handles a lot of the training sessions. He is also in charge of the Manchester City reserve team.
    He was initially hired as a fitness coach, but has since become a full assistant coach.

11. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Does anyone else remenber reading the article last year on ESPN.com about American's in the Premiership? One of the articles was on him and it said basically what madmike said above. It also talked about other experience he has in other leagues. South/Central America if I remeber. It also said that he is not set in his ways when it comes to style of play because of all the leagues he has seen.

12. burmm

burmm Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He seems like the most experienced option to me. The MLS needs some outside blood if it is to keep evolving. I think the Rapids would benefit from his EPL experience and maybe would get something out of Powell who I think is an untapped, and often injured, resource.

13. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a good point. While I still like Bliss because of who he'd learned from, getting some EPL knowledge into the league wouldn't hurt.

14. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    FWIW, when DC hired Nowak he had now coaching expierence.