Oscar on show tonight!

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Hitman, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Burn captain Oscar Pareja is on the show tonight

as is Star-Telegram soccer beat writer, Tobias Lopez (T-Lo)

6pm 1190 am

www.foxsports1190.com

2. burn 2002

burn 2002 New Member

Dec 27, 2001
    Good job Hitman.. Oscar did well. Did everybody understand his english?? One note: You mispronounce his last name. It's par-a(as in hey) ha. In Spanish the j is the same as an h for us. So the last part is like ha not a.Thanks. Good guest. Oh you did good too T. Lo..

3. dburn157

dburn157 New Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Good interview. I thought it was interesting when Oscar was asked the difference in this years team and last years. He said, the team was more focused!

I wonder why there was not much focus last year. Hum...

4. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    want to throw in a couple of things here.

I was so glad that Oscar showed up...Two seasons ago he declined to come on the show because he felt he didnt speak english well enough to do the show, and didnt want to do it with a translator... So for him to show last night and show how much his english has improved was fantastic.

I hope it was clear to everyone how much he really LOVES playing in the Burn jersey.

Just like Beckham loves to play in the Man U, or Rolando plays in the Brazil, or Kahn plays in the Bayern Munich jerseys... He really has a tremendous amount of pride about being captain of your Dallas Burn...

thanks for listening.

5. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My favorite part of the interview was when he described the passion he felt playing soccer and how he loved the team's camraderie.

I always respected Oscar before, but after hearing him on your show, I think he's become my favorite Burn player along with Bobby Rhine.

6. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Two things Oscar "El Guapo" said that every Burn fan has to love:

1. The Dallas midfielders should play the way the played on Saturday every game.

2. "I really do not like those guys" when talking about the Chicago Fire.

La locura rojinegra.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hell yea! :)

8. ChuckA

ChuckA New Member

Apr 4, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    That was the best line of the show. I came here this afternoon to post this. But, you beat me to it.

Great show. Great interview.

9. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm proud that Oscar Pareja is in a Burn jersey.

He may not be the most vocal of leaders, but there is no question that he is the leader of this team

Hard to believe he just turned 34. As his hair grows longer he looks younger and younger. He still plays young too.