Orlando City?

Discussion in 'Orlando Pride' started by Blaze20, Sep 15, 2015.

1. FootballAmator

Aug 16, 2014
    What do people here think about the name 'Orlando City Roar" or "Orlando Roar"?

2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I like the Orlando Roar.... Brisbane fans might raise issue, though. X-D

BlueCrimson repped this.
  3. lisab

lisab Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Orlando
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anything but 'Lionesses' please

4. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I like that.

5. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    SiberianThunderT repped this.
  6. warh2os

warh2os Member

Oct 29, 2007
    It would be nice it was finished by the time Olympics are over.

7. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I think they'll be lucky to finish it before the end of the MLS season, tbh. They're certainly going to have to pick up the pace to have any hope of the mid-summer opening they are shooting for.

8. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Manatees.

Gilmoy repped this.
  9. warh2os

warh2os Member

Oct 29, 2007
    I watched on live video cam for 9 months, from beginning to end, the demolishing and rebuilding of the West side of Kyle Field at Texas A&M (About 25,000 seats) It was 3 decks, 70 percent of the seating was arm chairs, including close to 100 suites. and included a canopy with the field lights. They started in December and were ready to go on September 12. As I watched the process, I thought they want get done on time, No way! They had a cam on both sides, showing what was taking place on the outside and one showing what was taking place on the inside. Reminded of when I was a kid going home from school everyday, I would go by a big construction site. I could check out the daily progress, because they had a few small holes drilled where you could take a look.

10. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    It's usually a bit shorter to do a rebuild than build from scratch. The Orlando City stadium will need all the supporting infrastructure to be finished as well, some of which might be outside of their control. With a rebuild, the infrastructure is all in place, you're just building the structure. Now, I'm not saying it's impossible for them to finish on time. Just that they'll have to pick up the pace.

11. warh2os

warh2os Member

Oct 29, 2007
    And by supporting infrastructure, what would that consist of?

12. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Water, power, sewage, roads, sidewalks, telecommunications, etc.

13. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brisbane has fans? Poor misguided souls.

14. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I dunno.... tie-most premiers, tie-most champions, most regular season top two, most playoffs top two... Not much to complain about! Sure better than those Sydney fans, for sure. ;)

15. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But they're EVIL! They're the second most unlikeable team! Their fans have one thing going for them and that's not being Wanderer fans.

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  16. Kickballer

Kickballer Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Orlando,Fl
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    In their press conference back in July, Phil stated they were shooting for it to be ready next September. But if it was delayed and if Orlando had a chance to host a playoff match, they would consider having the match at the SSS.

holden repped this.
  17. Kickballer

Kickballer Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Orlando,Fl
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    I could lean towards calling them Orlando Tempest, hire Tiffany Roberts to head coach, sign Michelle Akers to a one day contract. Honoring the 'what could've been past'.
    Other than that, I got nothing....

18. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So when is this predicted announcement going to be? Tonight?

19. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Considering Plush has expressed he wants the final to be a "big event", I'm really hoping something big gets announced tonight. Whether it's Orlando expansion, a new sponsor, an extended TV deal, I don't really care.... Though if Orlando expansion isn't announced tonight, I expect it to be announced at the USWNT game in Orlando soon.

20. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Well he said the move to a predetermine location was they wanted to create an event around the final. He didn't necessarily say this exact final. I can forgive them if nothing "big" happens as this is the first one

21. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah, I've been thinking about that, too.... Hard to expect things to happen within a year of their first consideration. He still got my hopes up, though. X-D So I won't be surprised but I would be disappointed if nothing gets announced.

22. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Question, would you rather the announcement happen in a city thousands miles away from Orlando at an event which quite frankly a lot of people won't be paying attention to or would you rather they announce it later this month at the game in Orlando against Brazil? I think the latter is more likely.

As for alternative things they can announce, I think the Nike announce is unfortunately the only one we will be getting at this time.

FootballAmator repped this.
  23. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highly doubtful. Orlando City has a pretty incredible marketing department and I highly doubt that an NWSL would be announced without any type of buildup created by them. Right now, Orlando City's focus seems to be getting 45K to their game against Montreal this weekend.

24. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please, no. If Orlando City were to look at UCF for inspiration coaching-wise, the only person they should look at is Amanda Cromwell. And I highly doubt Cromwell would leave her current job for anything other than something with US Soccer.

I'll say this though, Orlando City is not afraid to spend money. You never know who they can bring in but I don't think they will hire Tiffany Robert Sahaydek who has had the luxury of playing with Cromwell-picked players and is just now getting her imprint at UCF (and will likely end the season unranked for the first time in years).

25. warh2os

warh2os Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Not so sure going the college coach route is the best way for an expansion team. Sure Randy Waldrum came directly from the college ranks, having successfully run a top program at Notre Dame. He is still a work in progress as a coach at this level. Time will tell how this will work out for him and the Houston team.