Openly Gay Professionals

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by DutchOven, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does this thread need to continue?

For the life of me I can find no relevance in either the premise of the thread to begin with, nor any of the seeming branches its beginning to sprout.

Lee

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    being gay can be a profession?

everybody's gotta make a living, i guess.

3. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    I agree.

However, the responses posted in this threat help to explain why gay athletes are not out of the closet.

4. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yo 1 question

all of you homosexuality-is-ok-guys.

Where the FVCK were you on Nov. 2, 2004. 11 states passed bans on gay marriage.

5. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Yo 1 question

Not mine.

Lee

6. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Objects. "What do I object to? Well, I take a woman to dinner and she won't put out for it!" I love Spies Like Us.

In all seriousness, the double standard of cheating and that girls say, "Guys cheat."

Then guys will say, "Um, so do girls."

Girls retort, "Yeah?!?! Well, guys cheat more, so there."

That's where I lose respect for them. Every single time.

And then there's this phrase that you hear: "Whatever happens at _____, stays at _____"

7. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO

oh god, you really are a poof.. I was going to let your whole "gay" tirade slide, but now you really are acting limpwristed.. pick your hand off the ground and move along.

8. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I'll tell you what...next time you ask a girl out for dinner, why don't let her know first that you expect sex at the end of the night?? Then she'll know right away that you're a total ********wit that doesn't deserve a cool girlfriend.

Who are you hanging out with?? :rolleyes:

9. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Wow...you're so "tough" and "manly"!! You must chop wood and fix stuff and drive trucks and watch American football so you and your friends can act like monkeys every time a guy gets hit really hard!! Damn, your ********ing cool!!

10. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Not sure why I bother replying to this (probably boredom) but it's been shown and published zillions of times that men who criticise other men for being or looking gay are just afraid to admit their own homosexual tendencies. Makes me wonder why so many guys here on Big Soccer fall into this category. I suppose there's something about men who like it when men kick balls around...

11. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    no, actually I'd probably fall more into the "metrosexual" category...

Look, I just hate it when some oversensitive sod pushes their PC agenda on a soccerboard... It happens much too often.

12. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville

It already has one.

13. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Not wanting to objectify woman is oversensitive PC-dom?? I don't think so...but to each his own I suppose.

14. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF

Yea, where were all three of us to singlehandedly stop it?? :rolleyes:

15. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Worst. Thread. Ever.

Seriously, this is getting worse than the "Chivas USA will ruin MLS" threads.

I find the use of the term "limp-wristed" offensive, although in an ironic way. Since all my gay friends are in ten times better shape than any of my straight friends. It's a stupid, offensive stereotype.

I think refering to women as "objects" is offensive, and it's not okay. Referring to any one as an 'object' is offensive. On these boards it might be okay, because you are sitting in your dark little cubby hole, and you don't have to look at people in the eye when you spew your idiocy.

Please lock this thread.

16. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I agree, but why are you quoting me for this? We're pretty much saying the same thing...

17. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just echoing your sentiments, not arguing.

Christ, I wish it wasn't the two guys from San Francisco fighting this fight.

18. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    I second you too. So not just SF poofs here, also Limey sissies.

19. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Time to grow up guys. There is nothing wrong with this thread. If you don't like it, then use the complain feature. Don't turn this thread into yet another slagging match. If you want my opinion, women are sex objects and this is perfectly natural, gays on the other hand are not. However, I have respect for both despite this. Now back to the topic.

20. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Also? Female football fans. Yes, we do exist, it's true. ;)

21. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time for you to actually think about what you say and what it means.

First? This thread never had a "topic". Read the first post. Was this meant to start a discussion on gender and sexuality in the world of professional sports? No, it was a 3rd grade attempt at getting a laugh from 'the guys'.

Dildo's are 'sex objects'. A blow-up doll is a 'sex object'. Women are not 'sex objects'. They're human beings. Just like a dog isn't a "fetching object".

If gays are not natural, please explain they're existence in nature since the dawn of time, in every culture and race on this planet.

I'm doing everything I can to keep this on the level, but your attitude towards the rest of society is not cool.

And I say this as a straight guy.

22. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Gays are not natural? But wearing skirts is, you wee Scottish poof? Come on, be more tolerant, in the tradition of the great Scottish philosophers you produced. And the big Scottish girls in Edinburgh which are deperate for a shag. They are tolerant alright, if I ever saw err.. tolerant.

23. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Okay. Let's go.

The topic was whether there were any "openly gay professionals". I've no idea what the first post was intended to do, ask the person who posted it. However, nothing from that post suggested that what has since occured was intended.

Women are designed for the sole reason of attracting men and reproduction. I'm not being sexist, but that is their fundamental role. Therefore, they are "sex objects" and it is perfectly natural.

Why do genetic disorders and birth defects occur? We are designed to reproduce and thus continue the race. Gays are unable to do this and are thus not natural or what our design intended. I've nothing against them, but it doesn't change that fact.

In what way? Please elaborate.

Irrelevant.

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    What was that for? I am tolerant and know people who are gay. I have the utmost respect for them. However, that does not change the fact that they do not behave as nature intended. We are designed to reproduce and continue the race. They cannot and that is why I used the "not natural" comment.

25. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Hey, I piped in there. Lived in SF for 18 years, moved to Lafayette last May. :(

Anyway, don't feed the troll.