Open letter to Luís Fernandez. Write your own here.

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ferreirajl, Nov 3, 2004.

1. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    "Dear Luís,

How are you?

BOY You SUCK!

... oh and look how great! We have a bunch of European Champions playing like amateurs! Ain't that funny!?

:mad:

Ok. I have 2 questions:

What the hell is your plan to change things arround and how freaking long is it going to take for you to do it? Cos Im getting too impacient to even watch Porto's games lately, and this is becoming a problem. Last night I even lost my mind and kicked my dog just because I was so angry. I know it wasn't his fault that Quaresma couldn't get pass any defenders! But the stupid mutt reminded me of you for a second... with those nice inoffensive wet eyes and his fearfull tale between his legs. I just had to kick him.

Its about time you realize that: a) Derlei is NOT a left winger b) Carlos Alberto sucks c) You could START with 2 strikers... occasionally.... you know...?

As yesterday's game ended with yet another 0-0 defeat ( pretty much like the 2-2 defeat against Nacional), I remembered the days we were kicking ass left and right; we were feared all over Europe and were untouchable in Portugal.

These days we can only beat Benfica! COME ON!

I only wish you had been with us right from the start of the season, you know? Maybe that way you could have been fired BEFORE you started to ruin everything (CL and PTCup are gone already)!

But seriously...
    Please resign.
    You are in way over your head here.

Thank you.

ferreirajl"

2. CrisRicHeldTiago

CrisRicHeldTiago New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Hey tough guy! lmfao. What kind of dog is it...a poodle...a chiuaua?

3. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    It's a Rafeiro :D

4. CrisRicHeldTiago

Sep 13, 2004
    What's a Rafeiro?

5. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Dear Mr. Fernandez,

thank you. You are doing a great job sinking Porto. Just stay clueless in your choices and you'll get all the love of the red and green parts of the country.

Best regards and go ******** yourself,

NN.

6. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    i second that but my signature come from the DV :D

7. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Dear Mr. Fernandez,

I am getting worried. It seems you have finally realized that Hugo Almeida is a much better option than Helder Postiga. And, you're no longer starting Carlos Alberto and have recently put Quaresma on the starting eleven.

This will only be bad news for Porto in the long run. You are doing an excellent job with the lineups you put in already. Don't jeopardize that, Mr. Fernandez. Don Pinto has bought Luis Fabiano and Helder Postiga for a reason. He wants, no demands, that you use them instead of Benny McCarthy. I mean, come on Mr. Fernadez, Benny McCarthy really can't score any goals and you obviously know this since you did sack him back at your old job.

Stick to your guns, Mr. Fernandez and you'll be fine. Your team are the defending European Champions! No one fears Porto in Europe! How dare they defeat you and hold you to two goaless draws in Champions League play! Do they not know that you are the coach of the GREATEST TEAM IN EUROPE!

Regards,
    Brian De Sousa

(Can I laugh now? That was tough to write with a straight face.)

8. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Just a street dog, with no peddigree...

see why he reminded me of Luis Fernandez? :eek:

9. CrisRicHeldTiago

Sep 13, 2004
    I had a feeling it wasn't a pitbull or rotweiler. :rolleyes: You big bull you! ;)

10. CrisRicHeldTiago

Sep 13, 2004
    Dear Mr. Pinto da Costa and Mr. Fernandez:

My name is little Manueli. I like da big butts and I do not lie!

11. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Senhor Fernandez:

It is with great sadness that I inform you that you will be chosen as the coach for FC Porto this upcoming season. Although this may seem like a great Opportunity let me remind you of a few obstacules that you will encounter.
    First, you have to realise the Pinto the Costa runs the team and expects, no demands that you use players to develop their resale value not necesseraly their team potential.
    Second, because of the recent run of form (two Years) that Porto has enjoyed a majority of the talent and cohesiveness of the team was sold. (For a huge Porfit)
    Thirdly the players that were bought were brought in for the potential resale value not for the playing value
    Fourth because you are coming into a "winning" team with a fan base that expects and demands wins, you will ultimately fail.
    I hope that you receive this letter before the begining of the season. Just so you know I provided the Del Nieri the previous coach with this same info and opinion.

Your truly
    Briosa ;)

12. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Is porto's coach's name Luis Fernandez or Victor Fernandez?

13. CrisRicHeldTiago

Sep 13, 2004
    Um yea. We should prolly get the guys name right first.

14. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    It won't matter in a few weeks if he doesn't turn things around.

15. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Bring on Hugo Almeida, Bruno Gama, and Invalino and everything will be fine.

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Mr
    Fernandez you are doing a great job :cool:

17. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    Mr Fernandez,

As a Benfica fan, i can't be any happier with your performance. Keep up the good work and don't listen to anyone else. Afterall, teh 30 days experiemntal peiod has passed.

Unfortunally, even the Portuguese Soccer Federation realizes how horribel you are and suspended you for 2 weeks so that Poro could win some games without you. You also realized that you only beat Benfica because the ref was under control, something out of reach in the champions league. Oh, I forgot. The ref saved you against PSG by stopping the game short, and then you guys have the guts to come out and say that not enough time was added at the end of the game!!!

I have one wish from you. Do to Porto what you did to Celta

18. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    I see there's nothing but love for Mr. Fernandez on this thread. :D

19. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal

Hi metrofan, Mr Fernandez has asked me to send you this message:

"Dear metrofan,

7-0!!!!!!!!!

and Benfica has yet to beat me ONCE
    suckeeeeeeerrrrS!!!!"

:eek:

20. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    Listen, I got a message from Vigo, Fernandez brought us down to the 2nd league. And Benfica did not be you because of a ref. Like usual

21. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal

this is how your post translates...

bla bla bla
    we lost to porto as usual....buaaah...the ref...buaaah....robbbed...buaaaah

funny thing, the crappiest Porto team I have seen in years has beat you twice already this season :D

22. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral

First, you get your team's coach's name wrong (see thread name). Then, you blast him, but the minute someone else does, you stick up for him. :confused:

As far as Porto beating Benfica twice, funny thing, you're still behind us. :D

Cheers.

23. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Luis, Victor, who cares... he sucks.

Im not sticking up for him, I was just taking my usual cheap shot at Benfica. Nothing much.

Nothing can change the fact that this crappy Porto beat you twice already... on the other hand a lot will still happen in the league ;) Setubal is ahead of us too...

24. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Nothing can change the fact that you don't know your coach's name...it makes it difficult for us to take you seriously. ;)

25. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    How about to make an open letter to Giovanni "Sucker" Trapalhoni