Open Cup LTKYC: let them know you care!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Dan R, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    Open Cup: let them know you care!

It looks like because the Open Cup Final is sanctioned by USSF and not MLS, there will be little or no advertising in part of the MetroStars for the biggest game in Metro history. It's up to us the fans to help the Metros out. So you're asking yourself, but what can I do? Well, you can go to http://www.metrofanatic.com/mf/other/campaign.jsp and fill out a form which will be then emailed to local newspapers and tv stations. Show them YOU care. It might not be much, but it might help.

2. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    LTKYC... CATCH IT!!

I sent my email(s).

3. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    The stupid Yankees are stealin all our thunder.

4. CosmosKramer

CosmosKramer Member

Sep 24, 2000
    Yokohama
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just sent to all:

"On Wednesday, October 15th at 8pm the MetroStars will host the Chigago Fire at Giants Stadium in in the US Open Cup Final.

Open to all affiliated amateur and professional teams in the United States, the annual US Open Cup is a 90-year-old single-elimination tournament similar to tournaments popular in Europe and South America.

Surely, additional coverage of the team as they prepare for the biggest game in their history is warranted - and will be much appreciated by their fans."

Feel free to cut and paste if your short on time.

5. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    Excellent email, CK. However, please just don't copy and paste his; if you do, it looks canned, and it's important that the media knows people care.

6. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Sad fact: more people hate the Yankess than have heard of the MetroStars.

But I sent my email: with fanfares, beautiful passages for the 'cello (not Balboa!), drum rolls, and concluding chords in C Major.

May it not fall on tin ears!

7. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Re: Re: Open Cup LTKYC: let them know you care!

If you do cut and paste, also edit: Chicago has two 'c's and one 'g'

It can also be spelled Shitcago, but not in these letters, please. :)

For best results, send a line or two of your own.

8. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    "I'm not sure if you have the right paper. We have written a considerable amount about the Open Cup. We covered the semifinals. We also had a story in
    Tuesday's paper about the decision to have the final in New Jersey. Next week, we plan on having several stories leading up to the game.

Thanks,
    Brian Costello
    Sports Editor
    Herald News"

hes got a point.

9. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    He does. These guys do an excellent job anyway. They're off the list. :)

10. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    Sent!! I copied and pasted but changed it all in to my own words to make it original..

WE WANT THE CUP!!!!

VIVA METROS!!!!

11. b00zeNYC

b00zeNYC Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Alphabet City
    Done.

"Just a fan of America's fastest growing sport, suggesting that RIGHT NOW IS THE TIME for media outlets to begin forming an alliance with the rapidly increasing fan base of the Tri-State Area's professional soccer team, the MetroStars.

Soccer fans are incredibly loyal and enthusiastic people by nature, and to begin reaching out to them now via mass media, when it matters most to them, will reap huge viewer/reader recognition benefits in the long run. So if you're company is looking for new ways to reach out to previously untapped revenue resources, then don't miss out on this opportunity to earn new interest from a dedicated audience by informing your customers about the US Open Cup Final. "

Just thought I'd try to appeal to their sense of the all powerful dollar ;)

12. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    > We covered the semifinal game and will cover the finals.
    > It has been mentioned several times in our paper.
    >
    > Chris D'Amico
    >CDAMICO@STARLEDGER.COM

Chris,

Thanks. But mentioned and featured as you probably know are two different things. Perhaps devote one of the 12 pages of Yankee coverage to it? ;-)

Thanks,

13. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    An example what NOT to do:

THEMETROSTARS ARE ON A ROLL RIGHT NOW , THEY ARE GOING INTO THE
    PLAYOFFS AND ARE GOING TO WIN THE US OPEN CUP!! WE NEED ALL THE SUPPORT WE CAN
    GET!!! GO METROS!

14. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville

So it's just as important, and probably more effective, to send this guy a THANK YOU.

15. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's Mine

"Question:

What do the Yankees and the Metrostars have in common besides rabid fans, world class athletes and the pleasure of representing the best city in the world?

Answer:
    They are both playing for the championship of America. But unlike the Yanks, the Metros have already advanced to the final which will take place next Wednesday at Giants Stadium.

Please help spread the word about this very special event taking place in our backyard with our team. I assure you that MetroStars fans are very loyal to their team and to anyone who sponsors or promotes them

Thank You"

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I send my original e mail

17. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    what about WFAN radio, 880 AM, etc.what about the YES channel?

18. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    If you have the emails for their sports departments, post them here.

19. CosmosKramer

CosmosKramer Member

Sep 24, 2000
    Yokohama
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Star-Ledger

James:
    We covered the semifinals and will cover the finals.
    Since you are sending the form letter that was posted on the MetroStars
    message board, I'll let this serve as my response to all others also sending
    the form letter.
    Thanks

Chris D'Amico

and from a Frank DiLeo

Yes, Jane Havsy, our MetroStars beat reporter, will be there to cover it.

20. Nica1004

Nica1004 Member

Sep 14, 2002
    the couch
    I took the Star-Ledger off my list. I saw their coverage of the semifinals. I would have removed News 12 NJ, but they really have been lacking in MetroStars coverage. They only show the results after the game; by the next morning, the scores are gone. Also, they only show the time and the opponant the day of the game. Not much help.

I took a little bit from everyone. Your examples were a big help. I would not have known what to say, otherwise.

21. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    The Daily Record and Jersey Journal are both off the list now, they assured the Metros that there will be coverage. Of course, that might mean there will be 20 words burried on page 20...

22. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
  23. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    Thanks, brother

From Jeff Bradley's First XI:

4. If you can't get out to the Open Cup final on October 15, at Giants Stadium, stop by www.metrofanatic.com and join in the e-mail campaign to get local news outlets to recognize the final...

24. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I've sent in my emails! :)

25. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    Ok, the campaign is now closed. The amount of emails sent over the past hours is... staggering. We did not expect anything close to that. I just wrote a thank you email to all the editors. And a big thank you to everyone who wrote. Let's hope we made a difference. If not, we'll put it back live next week. :)