Oooh! Petro Dollars Buys EPL, UEFA & FIFA.. But Can't Buy Youuu! Hey Jude! Bellingham Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who would you play instead?

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anybody with more than just 22 league minutes at 18 years old to his name for starters.

We're playing in Valencia away at what promises to be one of the most hateful games of the season and we're going to bring on a teenager? How is this a good idea?

3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    YOUNGSTARS87 and saadomar repped this.
  4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Xavi and Laporta preparing a speech about how VAR needed to review that and book him. Unfair advantage for Real Madrid.

Ahmadi8 and Lyra repped this.
  5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Time to trust him a bit more.
    He can do it.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nonsense, but to be expected.

Seoul Villan repped this.
  7. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Even if Girona implodes they should finish top 5.

8. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Diaz would be better IMO.

Digital and Lyra repped this.
  9. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Anon. repped this.
  10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CBS Paramount plus advertisement for UCL promo included our boy Jude Bellingham.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The superbowl commercial.

12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I knew their mods creep in our threads!

13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I had seen that commercial before though

they just also played in the superbowl

14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lip readers are often wrong, but if this is right, Bellingham’s Spanish is getting good

Saeta Rubia, Shay Z and J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Meanwhile Gareth

Shay Z and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Arbeloa said Bale not speaking Spanish was a myth. He was an introvert and didn't want to talk to Spanish media. Arbeloa left RM in 2016 so Bale was already speaking Spanish by then. Only interviews he gave in Spain was to RM TV.

Digital and Anon. repped this.
  17. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If bale was still performing like he did for the first 4-5 years, it wouldn't have been even discussed. he started to get injured, i think he lost some of his drive and ambition(Zidane went from depending on him to bench, must have seem something), he lost some of his athleticism, whether it was lack of work, age or injuries. his tone deaf attitude and being an introvert didn't help as media and less so the fans started asking questions and looking for stuff. The gag flag was very tone deaf.

Ended badly, he deserved better but it was also his doing. will always remember the moments fondly.

18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be fair, Bale may have knowledge of Spanish, but conducting interviews in a language that is not your strongest can be quite stressful, especially in an era where the media scrutinizes every mistake you make. Of course, he still said the wrong thing in English.

19. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    I don't get a great deal of language immersion, certainly not as much as I'd like...I can somewhat read articles in Spanish or Portuguese without too much translation aid, if you give me captions of someone talking then I can probably figure out what was said, if you give me a chance to write something online where I can do quick dictionary checks to make sure I'm using the right word or phrase or whatever then I can probably get by...ask me to have a proper Spanish language conversation right now, no external aids, and it's not gonna end well. There will be mistakes early and often.

I don't doubt for one minute that Bale knew Spanish and I don't doubt that he was able to speak it. But if being able to suggest his Spanish wasn't up to snuff was a way to keep the Spanish media from bothering him, then I can understand why he'd take that approach. Spanish media sucks, I don't blame him. Plenty of other things I blame him for in his later years here, but never that one.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He does minimal press work in the UK as well.

If you're down to integrate into the Country, being a millionaire football player for the biggest club in the country is a great starting point.

Kroos had a vacation house in Spain long before he joined us, and he's also very much against the regular football press cycle but still remains vocal through his own sources.

Bale was a quiet man that treated football like work, and while I don't have anything against that, it doesn't mean that he was pushed in this direction in any way. That was him all along.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    [​IMG]

Love this.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.
  22. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Already making our players forget the Cristiano celebration?, a new era

Deep Pal and Galatico repped this.
  23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    What will be interesting is the possible ego clash next or future seasons... especially considering most would support Jude because he has assimilated well and is likable.

Bear Crotch, Galatico, Glide84 and 3 others repped this.
  24. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Beyond that you build a team around a player like Jude. He’s already an incredible leader beyond the talent and relentless never die attitude. He’s a very rare breed.

The other guy has the talent piece and loads of it. Maybe the environment here helps him but could be wishful thinking if he really is coming.

Deep Pal, YOUNGSTARS87 and Galatico repped this.
  25. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #950 saadomar, Mar 1, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
    Calling Jude a Real Madrid legend already is insanely premature, but ESPN writer Alex Kirkland tries to make a case.

Insanely awesome stat. Ultra efficient.
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_...r-jude-bellingham-compares-real-madrid-greats