Only one Micheal Owen.

Discussion in 'England' started by white riot, Sep 13, 2007.

1. bk4realyall

bk4realyall New Member

Jun 13, 2007
    have there been any announcements about how long he (owen) is out from the groin injury... I saw he hobbled off after 55 minutes in a Newcastle game.... I hope not for long :-\.

2. Heinz

Heinz Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Evergreen State
  3. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    and the germans will rely on the polish as usual:rolleyes:

4. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    you do know both Hargreaves parents are English and Canada is part of the commonwealth..... bit different from being polish :)

5. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    newcastle is an injury graveyard.

6. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No need for anymore jabs. I'm sure the poster had good intentions and surely wasn't trolling.;) Back on topic. Michael Owen's groin injury needs to get operated on asap.

7. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  8. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    looks like owen's out of the qualifiers in october.

it's just unfortunate and sad. some players are just unlucky with injuries, and michael owen is one of them. just when he gets healthy again and hits form, a new injury comes along.

good luck to michael owen.

9. Arsenal_pwns_all

Arsenal_pwns_all New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    LOL it doesn't matter how good Owen is if he keeps getting injured. My feeling is that Owen is paying the price for playing too many games when he was very young, and from playing too many games while injured under that n00b Houllier. A pity, cause if not for his injures he would have been a legend exceeding Shearer.

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    heinz just owned rooney though

11. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    perhaps. but some players' bodies are just unfortunate and unlucky with injures.

12. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Owen had a lot of time off and I remember in an interview he commented on working on other aspects of fitness including his strength. Maybe he overdid it in the weight room or something.

13. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    over the years, owen has definitely filled in his body. and i remember reading articles where he said he's been strengthening other muscles in his body too. so yea, maybe other parts of his body are just being overworked to make up for parts that are injured.

seems like a vicious cycle for him.

14. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would like to remind visiting posters to read the title of this thread before posting....

15. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    I think its funny the way they word it on sky sports 'Owen requires an operation on his troublesome groin' I've got one of those. Its why my wife divorced me. My groin was always getting me in trouble :)

16. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some bloke on the Radio who said he worked for the National hernia society or something reckoned if they operated on our Michael he'd be riding a bike 45 mins after the op and running the next day, I think that's what he said, definately riding a bike within 45 mins not sure about the running might have been within a fortnight.

17. frednmethod

frednmethod Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Owen is the Mr.Glass of football. Robben, Saha, Woodgate and Kewell are no match for him.

18. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    lol at "mr. glass" of football.

i think he just passed up woodgate.

with kirkland, g.neville, gallas, dyer, mendieta, and dunn, you can pretty much field an entire mr. glass football club. mgfc.

manager will be solskjaer

19. amrcub

amrcub New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    hes always hurt! BOOOOO haha jk. Hes amazing!

20. bk4realyall

bk4realyall New Member

Jun 13, 2007
    he scored a goal for new castle with stitches still in... I'm not sure where the stitches are, but the injury was in his groin... so.... if he's scoring a goal with stitches in his crotch, that's saying something about his testicular fortitude.

21. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You know I was going to say bo*****s but decided to wait. Glad I kept my mouth shut. What a turn around. But did he really say this ?