Only a matter of time ...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by CrewToon, Oct 18, 2006.

1. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    ... before Taylor and Ramage are paired in central defense.

The following "borrowed" from Alan Oliver's article in The Chronicle on Oct. 18 concerning the UEFA Cup tie with the Turkish club...

Certainly it will be no surprise to see Steven Taylor back at the heart of the heart defence, while Carr and Ramage will be at full-back with Roeder reluctant to drop Charles N'Zogbia back to left-back.

Roeder, who himself was a more than accomplished central defender, believes that the heart of the defence is "an old man's position".

But in an ideal world he would love to give his young local boys Taylor and Ramage the chance to form a central defensive partnership, but he just has not had this chance.

The way Bumble has played, Roeder might as well not wait.

2. mdfc

mdfc Member

Jul 12, 2004
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think the problem is Roeder's lack of confidence in having Taylor or Ramage back there...Realistically our best pairing right now is Moore and Ramage, like we had it at West Ham.

The problem is who do we play at fullback? Carr is the only thing close to a dependable player out there. That's what forces Ramage wide, and that's what forces Titus back in the middle.

I almost wonder why we don't just play with 3 in the back, and bring Nicky Butt back in the line up as a d-mid. I mean, if your team is full of midfielders, and lacks quality defenders..why play 4 of each?

Could it really make us worse defensively? Why not just play our 11 best?

3. blackandwhitearmy

blackandwhitearmy New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    newcastle
    sounds like an alright idea but we still dont need to bring bramble in moore and taylor is before that

4. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    probalty the best desription of one Mr T*tf*ck Shambles from football365's "We love to Hate You 11" of the EPL:

I didn't know Ronald McDonald once played CB for Man United....

5. toon_soldier_86

toon_soldier_86 New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    THE BAY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland

i was watching an old premiership match this summer and it was chelsea vs. birmigham. i remembered the commintators going on and on about how butt was really giving makalele a tought match. i cant remember who won the match but i could tell tha butt was really screwing up thier runs forward... just a thought.

i now want to see a back line with carr moore ramege with butt a d mid.

6. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    The "Utes" did well by keeping a clean sheet. Perhaps they will get another start against the Smoggies.