Onion Bag's US Nat Jersey offer

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by TWR, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    You're welcome :)

3. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got an away Dempsey Jersey!!! It says it was shipped already but it seems a little early to be shipped, I dunno.

4. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check the tracking number in UPS. It'll probably just say "billing info received," which means OB have put your order into their system so the shipping label is on deck and ready to go once the jerseys are all set.

5. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spoke to them yesterday (was checking on my delayed new MLS jersey) and they indicated that while the MLS ones are late, it looks like the US ones will be shipping out on time.

6. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ordered a home Onyewu from USSF , cant wait til it gets here . Gonna get some more DTOM stuff before leaving for Germany ! Less than three months to go ...... :D

7. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it sounds like they better get with the program and offer a customized US MNT jersey for something less than $70 or Unyunbag is going to get all the bizness...

Let's hear it for free market capitalism! USMNT Customized jersey price war!!

Bring it on!!!

:D

8. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just ordered ours from the OB:

White, 6, Cherundolo for my wife
    Blue, 14, Olsen for me
    (yeah, he probably won't make the final squad, but he's my favorite)

9. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OB has better shipping rates, too. The USSF official store is the worst, though--their shipping rates bear no relation to what it actually costs to ship items, and because of this, I won't order from them unless it's something that absolutely nobody else stocks. I got three shirts in the OB order, and if I'd bought that same list through the US Soccer store, it would've been an extra eighty bucks for customization and shipping.

Honestly, I'd have held off buying both a home and away kit, figuring one would be plenty for now, except for the OB deal--the more I thought about it the more I realized hey, buy it later and pay $30 for aftermarket customization and round trip shipping. I'd have to get my jersey on some crazy discount rate (like I did my 2004 US kit; thanks, Eastbay 40% off sale!) to justify that. The OB deal was too good to pass up if you knew you'd eventually want both shirts.

I also notice the BigSoccer store warns that US jerseys are expected to ship in mid-June, which, well, fat lot of good that would do those of us who are Germany bound that month.

10. dkrboys

dkrboys New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Simi Valley, CA
    Just ordered my Convey away jersey from OB! Made it before the $1 personalization offer ends. Yippee! I've got Dempsey's home jersey ordered thru US Soccer (wish I'd known about OB prior to this). It's a $35 savings! Got 'em both, so I'm happy! Thanks guys!

11. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe no one has ordered an "Adu" yet... or been brave enough to admit it.

:D

12. Fussballman 7

Fussballman 7 Member

Oct 29, 2000
    Dresden, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Donovan 21- Away
    Onyewu 22- Home

13. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Gooch!!!!

14. T Nitty

T Nitty New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    MD
    Just ordered McBride -home, Cherundolo -away, and small McBride -away for the gf. The special was supposed to be before 1 April, but it looks like it went through just fine (unless they're pulling an April fools joke).

15. NordicStriker19

Apr 21, 2005
    Essex Junction, VT
    Deal expired, right before I clicked submit. My luck.

16. 2ndAveFC

2ndAveFC Member

Mar 23, 2004
    LAX
    Anybody know when these ship? I could have sworn I saw some guy in the crowd at DCU-Red Bulls wearing one, although with the quality of the video feed I couldn't be decisive.

For the record, Onywewu 22. I'll be pissed if Bocanegra gets hurt and Gooch reverts to 4, which he wears when Boca isn't in!

17. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    holy crap , this is exactly what i was about to post . Its April 2nd now , so they should be shipping very soon , and i cant wait . I also saw that guy in the crowd for the RBNY -DCU game , maybe it was fake ?
    I also got a Gooch home .

18. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might be, but I haven't checked the local Niketown--it's also entirely possible the shirts are showing up in actual stores. I was gonna go over to Niketown this week anyway to see if they've finally got that damn hoodie in stock, so...

19. 2ndAveFC

2ndAveFC Member

Mar 23, 2004
    LAX
    Great minds think and act alike!

20. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    I got the away strip with my own name on the back.
    A guy's gotta have a dream!

BTW - I ordered a Red Bulls home kit, total impulse buy.

21. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THe men's team threw some of the new white ones into the crowd during the "Pep rally" at Ramstien AB in Germany before the US/Poland match, maybe he was one of the lucky receipients?

22. NordicStriker19

Apr 21, 2005
    Essex Junction, VT
    My jersey says it's been shipped today, anyone else?

23. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does it come up as actually shipped, or just "billing information received" when you put the tracking number into UPS's online trackers? Because there's a note buried on the OB's site forums that mentions Nike's got a delay in shipping these and they should be processed end of this week. As of now my order still comes up as "billing info received," which just means they've got a shipping label waiting to be slapped on a box when the product is in stock and ready for shipment.

Saw the jerseys today at Niketown, can't wait for mine to arrive.

24. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    The supporters' group La Norte had some jerseys made up this year that look very similar to the US home shirt.

[​IMG]

I'd say there's a good chance that this is what you saw.

25. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll echo the shipping comment about US Soccer Store - I never bought the "Our Way" DVD because the slowest shipping option was $13! For a DVD!

I almost blew the OB offer, despite visiting the web site about every third day in March. Couldn't decide on whose name and number to add, which has never been important to me - but this design cires out for it. I finally settled on Eddie Pope #23. Guess that makes one of us!