News: One Swede for Another - The Victor Lindelöf Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    What nonsense did I try to peddle? That it was a joke for his wife? Are the two concepts mutually exclusive? Do real men celebrate seriously to avoid powertool-related accidents?

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    That and that he was imperious.

3. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    :ROFLMAO:

I mean, for a long spell in 2018-19, he was extremely good for us. We can have that conversation separately if you like. I'm fascinated by the idea that he can't be wearing the dress as a joke for his wife because it's a celebration of his wife's fashion line. Talk me through this.

4. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    My stance is clear. If Im a dinosaur for acknowledging the differences between men and women, Ill be that.

See, I can make huge leaps too.

5. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    #255 Naboomagnoli, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    If your stance is that real men can't joke about wearing women's clothing, then I see the rest of my self isolation will be spent linking to exactly that.[​IMG]

6. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    My stance is generally, men shouldnt wear dresses. But like Amdrag said, I also encourage people to be confident in themselves and do what makes them happy.

However, i also have the right to question/wonder why a man would wear a dress at all.

7. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    #257 Naboomagnoli, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    I don't know why being scared of what a small group of people the other side of the world would think is a bigger measure of a man than supporting his wife and making her laugh.

Amdrag and johno repped this.
  8. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The part where you associate men wearing a traditionally women's garment as soft:

What about wearing a dress makes a man soft, that does not enter the realm of sexism?

9. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If anything, caring that much about what others think could be considered the soft bit there. Also whatever reason he wore the dress, I am still perplexed by how the act of wearing a dress makes one soft, no matter their sex or gender.

10. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Take your cape off. This isnt an insult to women. You just choose to take it that way. You're being way too sensitive.

A dress belongs to women. Its womens clothing. So that standard doesnt apply to them. Its labeled womens clothing.

If you're saying im being sexist against men, too ********ing bad. Sue me.

11. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Fcuk..... We really need to get this draft going.

@poetgooner where the hell are you????

12. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Of course the standard applies. The very essence of the argument is that women are soft in the first place, and thus them wearing dresses is not an issue.

jnielsen repped this.
  13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.skysports.com/football/...fender-is-making-strides-at-manchester-united

Vic has made significant progress since his first season at the club. Just a shame now that he is similar to Maguire in many facets and while they can work very well at times, the lack of speed of both players can expose them.
    Ultimately, he probably is destined to be more of a #3. Still though, a solid guy to have in the CB rotation. That much is certain.

jnielsen repped this.
  14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anonymous_United repped this.
  15. gildarkevin

gildarkevin Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Anonymous_United and Futbol_Head repped this.
  16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2020-8-25_11-29-50.png
    Can only hope he's been named honorary deputy or officer of the local police department.
    Some much needed positive news in the wake of the Maguire affair...:cool:

17. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Naboomagnoli repped this.
  18. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    He's reverted back to his form when he first joined us. We can't really afford to have a defender who is a confidence player to this extent.

19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #269 Ashur, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    He works out surely but in all seriousness. this is the kind of transformation we need to see from Vic. Seen him being outmuscled and pushed around by opposing players way too often in recent months.
    upload_2020-9-20_12-27-50.png

20. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You can lift weights all you want, as you can see with Mctominay vs Ayew, it won't matter.

jnielsen repped this.
  21. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Genuine toughness and strength is a mentality thing, there is no doubt about that. But working on and building up your body goes hand in hand with that.
    There is a clear difference in working out to get all shredded (and 'visually' nice) as opposed to build legitimate strength and power.

22. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    How the ******** are Bayern getting away with this.

benni... repped this.
  23. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's gotta be the schnitzel

24. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The strength thing is an obvious issue, however what concerns me most in those five clips of consecutive goals conceded is the most basic mistakes being made;

- on first when an attacker shows that much of the ball out wide, the CB tackles and puts it out (think most the the EPL CBs would be assertive there), is even a simple right-footed tackle for him

- on the 2nd, what the f positioning is that for a RCB? way too close to Mag @ LCB, he even looks at De Jong (the only attacker in the penalty area), Bruno right to be mega-mad

- on 3rd you can't allow a cross there, you should be watching attacker feet and blocking, not even an attempt to block (also poor allowing the pass on 1st for same reason)

- the pen was unlucky, but still misses the first opportunity to get the ball and doesn't seem tight enough to affect the cross properly

- on 5th, as CB you don't lunge to win the ball from there (wrong-side), you shield and stop the player coming inside, made it way too easy

These are all basic, basic mistakes that you don't expect to see at this level, certainly not for many games in a row. They also cover most of the spectrum - positioning, tackling, blocking etc. Heading isn't covered but there a plenty of example of those over the season too.

Abject.

Father Ted and jnielsen repped this.
  25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States