One Reason Why Buddle Hasn't Gotten More Nat Time?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by csctn, Oct 24, 2004.

1. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another poster agreed and added shirt-grabbing as a problem that individual federations and/or FIFA should crack down on. I agree with all of the above, and would add that deliberately delaying a re-start (such as a free kick 20 yards in front of the your goal by standing directly in front of the ball) should be an immediate yellow card. The rule states, as well all know, that the opposing team must be 10 yards away on a free kick. While there may be some speculation as to whether or not a player is a complete 10 yards away, there is no such speculation when the player stands directly (i.e., 1 inch) in front of the ball.

2. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Two? Two? Holy crap, not two? What a punk...
    Ahh, yes, the ever present "I can read what a person is thinking by looking at a goofy ass grin" line. Did you ever think they all thought it to be kinda amusing and were laughing at him? Nahh, let's just go for the full negative view of the situation...
    :eek: A forward not playing defense one time? Strike Buddle down...now! He obviously has problems...

3. numerista

numerista New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    ... and if this guy needed to be helped off the ground, can you imagine what will happen if Buddle gets an assist from Josh Wolff, John O'Brien, or (suspending disbelief) Claudio Reyna? Will they ever walk again?

;)

4. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was expecting the whole "spitting" on Guevara incident.

The reason Buddle hasn't played more is simply because his injury timing has been just about as bad as possible for integrating into the national team. Every time il Bruce has an opportunity to call in new players and experiment a little bit, Buddle has either been injured, or is coming off of a lengthy injury layoff and regaining fitness.

5. Serie Zed

Serie Zed Member

Jul 14, 2000
    Arlington
    I used to love when Marco Etcheverry would drive the ball into these guys from about five feet. I'm not sure he ever actually hit them in the nuts, but he was trying hard.

The best part was that the ref would usually stop play and make the guy who just got drilled move back so Etch could take the free kick again.

Re: Buddle -- Why is it that the obvious answer just won't do on Big Soccer? It's the injury, stupid.

6. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    buddle could be terrel owens for all I care, just as long as he produces....

if you don't produce, then you're deemed a lunatic, and forgotten...

personally, I don't care all that much about what celebratory antics any player does....

the simple rule is don't get carded due to your lack of maturity..

and that's all a case by case basis..