One more reason to hate L.A.

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by SJfuture, Aug 8, 2003.

1. SJfuture

SJfuture New Member

May 25, 2001
    Livermore, CA
  2. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    I thought the same thing when I first read this news. Spartan stadium on October 25 will be a lot of fun!

3. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expressed my thoughts when this was mentioned on another thread.
    We will have fun!
    "Excellent (said in the voice of C. Montgomery Burns)".
    The Scum just keep digging themselves in deeper.

4. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    Galaxy acquires Serna!

OMG, they have Ruiz and Serna!!

You guys take it from here.

EDIT: Oops! Didn't realize the other LA thread was about Serna. :eek:

5. bpc

bpc Member+

Jul 21, 1999
    Silicon Valley
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Quake fans may have to prerecord their booing to keep it up for the full ninety. And if Ricardo Saladbar presides over the game, well... plan on bringing plenty of throat lozenges.

6. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    A match made in heaven! Everything we love to hate all rolled conveniently into one. Halloween comes early on October 25th.

What a marvelously desperate act!!

7. Crazy_Quakes_Fan

Crazy_Quakes_Fan New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    San Mateo, CA
    I have to concur; how true are these words? LA cannot score (sounds like last season), but unlike last season, teams seem to have figured out Ruiz and this is bad news for LA.

I don't think Serna is going to be starting. If he is, I'll be very, very surprised. Look for Albright and Victorine to alternate time up top. The only way I can see Serna breaking into the starting eleven is if Sasha and/or Albright don't produce. As you said, this is an act of desperation.

Don't worry though, LA fans here on BigSoccer agree with you. They just don't understand this move. How ironic though, you trade Chacon and sign Serna. Brilliant.

8. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Your hatred is appreciated. I'll take that over indifference any day. Just ask a Wiz fan.

9. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    Funny, I saw the news and immediately thought I'd start a thread titled:

One more reason to hate Diego Serna!

If Spartan is rockin on Oct 25th, I'LL start a 'Move San Jose' thread on MLS News and Analysis.

10. earthquakefan1

earthquakefan1 New Member

Jul 28, 2001
    SAN JOSE!!!
    Say this out loud "FAQ L.A.!"

11. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wiz on you and KC that we just beat at home, :)

12. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a match made in hell don't you think?

Is anyone taking bet on how soon Sigi will get fired? Do you think he has until the end of the season? (I think that's likely.) Clearly, the team is in disarray.

I liked this bit:

Shouldn't that read:

"We are extremely pleased that MLS has allowed us to sign another expensive player even though we are already way over the salary cap! And his cheating, diving, whining to the ref style will fit right in with the rest of our miscreants!"

Freaking weasels!

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

13. DouginSJ

DouginSJ New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    San Jose, CA USA
    Good one, Mark!

14. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why thank you Doug!

Doesn't it seem that the league is willing to bend over backwards (or maybe just forwards) in order to help out the evil, rotten, water-stealing, cheating, galactowankers?!

I mean, don't they already have a ton of high profile expensive players? Jones is at least league max (probably more, just like Donovan). Cienfuegos is expensive even if he's taken a pay cut. Califf is a national teamer and he's been around a few years. Can't be cheap. Khartman got his contract rewritten for more bucks (though probably not a huge contract). Vagenas and Victorine are both Olympic Team and National team guys (at least occasionally) and they've been with the filth a while now. Hong Myung Bo is expensive. Lalas might be playing for cheap. Ruiz is probably just under $100k (or perhaps just a little over this season). Elliot is a National Teamer for the Kiwis and he's been in the league a few years so he's not cheap. Martinez has been around and wasn't cheap to start with. This list just goes on. It's disgusting!

Pass the beer.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

15. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta love MLS. They're making it so easy for the public to distinguish between the good guys and the bad guys. Reminds me of professional wrestling!

Actually, that last comment might hit a bit too close to home. Maybe Agoos should practice falling to the mat in order to avoid lower-back injuries...

16. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ROTFLMAO!! You guys have given me the second best laugh of the day (after Mother Goose and Grimm). :D

17. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I HATE LA!!!

Wish me luck when I go next weekend to see my Metros (see, this is not about my Quakies - damnit! I mentioned them again). I'm kinda scared to be in the same stadium as Serna again. He's so ugly, I'm afraid if he looks at me I'll die.

18. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Just to keep you updated:

Serna's LA stats - 45 min. of play
    1 PK earned
    1 Goal

ROTFLMAO!!

19. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serna is a cancer. You thought your team had problems before....

Fusion.... GONE!

Metrostars with Serna.... SUCKED!

Who's laughing now?

20. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
  21. bpc

bpc Member+

Jul 21, 1999
    Silicon Valley
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Speaking of which, it appears So Cal has found a way to steal more of our water... the Quakes now have a renewed moral imperative to continue to defeat the Galaxy!

22. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See, it always starts out like this, but based on Serna's history, the following predictions:

1) Serna will not be contributing by the end of the season -- if he is still with the team, he will be permanently on the bench and will not travel with the team on road games. Maybe he'll go AWOL like he did with the Revs last year.

2) Serna will not score against San Jose -- he has never scored against San Jose at any level, and he didn't even score in the 2001 All-Star game in San Jose which was a 6-6 draw -- 12 goals and he didn't get any.

LA fans, you'll find out that Serna is a cancer. Any team that he has been on has not had success at any level (except for the 2001 Supporters' Shield in Miami, the same Fusion team which got bounced out of the playoffs by the Quakes). He will make your team worse, not better, and he will get your coach fired.

And we will be loving every minute of it. I can't wait to see you guys come up to Spartan Stadium for the season ender -- LA Galaxy and Serna, two great hates that hate great together!

23. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    That should be a good time. Ruiz and Serna playing up top for the Galaxy in Spartan. Do you think the Quake fans will wake up from their coma or just continue with reading the newspaper during lineup introductions as your big diss?

24. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    As opposed to what, 10 dork LA fans turning their backs to the field whenever SJ players get introduced? I'm sure the Quakes feel so violated by such radical actions.

25. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to worry. I understand that as a part of Serna's contract, the Galactoscum will be paying a Spanish-speaking psychotherapist to rehab him. In four or five years they may have something sane enough to put on the pitch.