One Man's Plan to Change US Soccer

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by Stephen Heisler, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Hey guys I'm a senior in college. I've been doing research on sports motivation in soccer. I am collecting data to help improve the sport. I am comparing data I collect in the USA with data that I have collected during my studies in Italy over the the last 7 months. Your input will GREATLY help my studies as well as help improve this sport! THANK YOU
    https://siena.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4UUc2kN9v8jUVLL

2. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    I had a problem with the survey questions. The questions assume the respondent is a sports fan. I am not. I love to play sports, not watch others play. There was no place for me to make remarks to explain. I answered the questions, but really the answers don't make sense when you are not a sports fan.

Watching sports is not a sport.

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their last tweet:

Looks like they last played in 2013 in the NPSL, went 2-9-1 and have since become just another youth club.

So much for changing US soccer.

7211 and Chesco United repped this.
  4. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He then apparently moved on to Lake Havasu, Arizona, to start another team (after getting Regals FC into the Open Cup in 2011 where they lost to Charleston in the first round). Apparently the Havasu team didn't set the world on fire, either.

5. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    So he fleeces one set of parents, then moves far enough away to work on another. Shocking, that.

Chesco United repped this.
  6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently their Open Cup "run" consisted of going 1-1 in USASA Region III qualifying in 2011 and winning a penalty kick shootout to advance. So his claims that they were one of the best teams in the USASA...well, maybe that's stretching it a bit.

7. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Does the Havasu team still exist? One can never tell in Arizona.

8. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    the lack of Pro/rel will kill any change :(

9. jatrain

jatrain Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Looks it's still going, regalssc.com. Looks like its focused mainly on a Hispanic demo, website doesn't seem like it would attract the "Woodlands type". They do mention an Academy, looks like its $80 per month.

10. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    The website looks a total shambles, actually. Their logo at the top shows "Est. 2013", then right below "Est. 2008". Which is it? Their staff consists of a single coach, none of whom are this Heisler dude. Their "Mission Statement" is a grammatical horror show, and completely without substance. Their "new website" has been coming soon since March 6. They have no roster. In fact, it looks like someone left open a developer version of an aborted attempt at a website out there, because there's an item under "Our Club" that leads to Menu Name, which is a link to Soccer Max Websites.

The NPSL wiki page says "On Hiatus, Self Relegated to Texas Premier Soccer League."

11. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, their "next match" was two months ago. And for some reason, clicking the "FREE ADMISSION" link (which I would have thought would take you to match information) takes you to the strangely similar website of another club allegedly located in Maryland that also has no players.

12. 7211

7211 World Class

Jun 28, 2010
    I found this information on the website in case anyone is interested:

ANOTHER YEAR WINING THE HOUSTON CUP AGAINST THE HOUSTON HURRICANES, REGALS IS BEING WINING THE TROFE FOR FOUR YEARS CONSECUTIVE SENS 2010

This Heisler guy really started something special down there.

bigredfutbol and Elninho repped this.
  13. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    That is just precious.

14. RedGK

RedGK Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Tennessee
    Club:
    Real Madrid