One game into watching MLS and I'm done for 2017

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Lookingforleftbacks, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know a lot of people who live and die with sports. Not one of them cares even a little bit about soccer. "There's less diving in soccer than there is in the NBA," I tell them. "We are getting so much better and the game is developing in the U.S.," I tell them.

I'm a Galaxy supporter and was working last week and missed the first game. I recorded today's game and had to sit through Moana and 3 tv shows I didn't care about before I could watch the game. Then Jelle Van Damme gets two yellows in the first 34 minutes when he was a combined 2 feet from the player he supposedly fouled.

I can't defend this league anymore. It's dog shit. I'm done watching until they get refs who know what contact with another player actually looks like. Diego Chara is one of the most disrespectful players I've ever seen and deserves a retroactive red card for that awful dive in the first half. I liked Guzman a little after watching him versus Minnesota, but he's a whiny diver, too. It's not part of the game. It's everything that holds the game back and I don't have any interest in going out of my way to record games and work my entire schedule around watching them only to have a dipshit ref ruin the whole game in the first half an hour.

So I'm done. I'm done making excuses for shitty refereeing. I'm done making excuses for why I like soccer. Most of all, I'm done making excuses for MLS. The reffing and whiny players are just too unbearable.

There is no defense for a player falling to the ground and acting like he got shot when no one was within a foot of him. IMO, and the way I play and grew up playing, is if you do that, I'm going to make you really hurt the next time. And if you're on my team and you do that, you deserve to get hurt the next time and I'm not going to defend you. It's disrespectful to the fans who want to see a good, clean competition; it's disrespectful to the opposition who is playing a clean game; it's disrespectful to your teammates who may get run over because you pissed the other team off; and it's disrespectful to the official who has to make the decision if it was a foul or not.

Maybe I'll watch the playoffs or if the kids start playing but I'm done caring until they get rid of the diving. If I wanted to watch a bunch of little bitches, I'd watch the NBA

AMERICANSOCCER repped this.
  2. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I feel your pain. Players should stand respectfully during the game.

But shoddy officiating is a feature of all professional sports.

brett_hull_remembered_for_taintedgoal.jpeg.jpg

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Galaxy fans sound like spoiled brats.

"My team did not get a couple calls. I am never going to watch this horrible sport again."
    A Galaxy team that has been silver spoon fed high salaried rosters, managers, facilities, manufactured buzz and hype, etc. A Galaxy team that has won more in the last Decade than most MLS teams combined. And oh by the way a team that has benefited from horrible calls during those Championship runs.
    Wah,wah,wah.

5. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria

JasonMa repped this.
  6. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Life sucks when the league isnt bending every rule for your needs.

Redmaynard repped this.
  7. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whine somewhere else.