Once In A Generation/Thousand Years - The Iker "EL CAPITAN" Casillas Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by blanc, May 9, 2011.

1. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nice try bro. Maybe u'll do some visual editing next time? It's just a compilation of clips sewn together with an annoying song over it. You even ended the video pretty abruptly, are you new to this? Keep at your craft bro, you'll do better in the future, I'm certain.

2. RONALDO_07

RONALDO_07 New Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thank you for your feedback. And yes I am new to this.

3. specialhazarrd

Jul 18, 2015
    good riddance a day to celebrate when he left madrid.

4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    P*ss off Chelski fan...a good day of riddance was when Jose Mourinho left. Dude was too busy making our club look like a buncha hooligans. Now, I know Chelski fans wear the "hooligan fans" reputation with pride, idealized by that wife-cheating PoS John Terry; but over here in Real Madrid we actively avoid making ourselves look like thugs. So go back to your sorry, euro comp underachieving league filled with boring football. And go give stick to your own GK legend Petr Cech, oh wait....

5. specialhazarrd

Jul 18, 2015
    dude chill lol not against madrid but most people know what quality coach rafa benitez is:)

6. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No shyt Capt. Obvious. But now we're stuck with him so we have to deal with it.

7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just want to get this in as I imagine this thread will soon be closed as he is no longer a Madrid player, again , thank you Iker and good luck in your new adventure, legend.

8. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So he is officially retired now
    I thought he was already retired last summer

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ahnaf, Ahmadi8, Excape Goat and 7 others repped this.
  10. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Watching Casillas was a wild ride. I always laughed at how bad at penalties he was and how his shooting the ball forward would always end up at the stands. He was extremely bad at some goalie stuff but he was a miracle worker.

The things he did as a short keeper, working with some of the worst CB pairings ever featured by RM, only a legend could pull off.

When he had a solid run of games, there was no other like him. The guy had wings.

When he ********ed-up, he did it royally. I'm glad he could lift La Decima with us, even though Ramos had to save his ass that night.

Excape Goat and fierro repped this.
  11. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still remember that night in Glasgow, sitting behind the goal where Zidane score one of the most beautiful goals ever and then watching Iker saving our trophy like 4 times in the last 6 minutes of the game. Legend.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One of the best goalkeepers in the history of the sport, no buts or no maybes. His name is on actual titles, he forced a person that hates Real Madrid by blood (Pique) to admit that he screamed his name in joy when he saved that Robben chance in the world cup.

He was a wonderful player, and an icon. The end of his career was a very harsh landing, starting from his troubles with the club, his parents over money and management, and then his health issues, but his total body of work absolutely crushes almost every single goalkeeper out of his generation you might put against.

-Reivax-, Horsehead, RMSocrates and 10 others repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Life changing experience. One of the most superhuman last millimeter save goalkeepers ever.

14. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now if we can only convince Hazard to do the same.

Felicidades Iker.

15. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2390 Style, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    I started watching football and Real Madrid at about the same time Iker was rising to prominence.

From 2002 to 2010, Saint Iker as most fans would call him was the world's best goalkeeper. I truly felt back then that no matter how bad our defence is, Iker would somehow save the day.

In came Mourinho and the weight of the captain armband and the downhill spiral began. Those who remember then will only know of the drama and poor string of performances. And the last thing I remember was his mess up on the set piece vs Atletico during the CL final. A very different memory in comparison of that monster performance he put on as a teenager when he came on for Cesar.

Maybe this quote stands and im not applying that he is a villain but certainly not a hero either.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Excape Goat repped this.
  16. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Iker is the definition of a true legend. Very few come even close.

17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mourinho was like the KKK.

Barca like BLM.

Iker was like well I believe all lives matter and I certainly don't hate anyone.

Mourinho: I'm benching you for failure to hate.

Not sure how exactly Iker was made out to be the bad guy when all he tried to do is keep the peace and managed to win a bunch of trophies in the process.

18. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Absolute legend of a keeper. I watched the tribute by the official channel and some of the saves he made only Iker could do. Best keeper of his generation

20. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What is your diagnosis?

21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AA963C47-7D7E-43B2-BCAE-096DD555D3FB.jpeg

CR7: “An honor to have shared such big moments with you”

22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nice to see such praise even from rivals for our Legend

23. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My all-time favorite goalkeeper. He may be retiring, but I'm excited to see him return home. He will definitely continue to be part of this club in some capacity. The legends never stray far from the club.

¡Gracias, San Iker!

Excape Goat and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  24. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Best save I’ve ever seen was the second one here:

Great goalkeeper, average captain.

25. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Look at Diarra's reaction :ROFLMAO:

Not that D.Lopez is anywhere near Iker, but I remember he had a similar save with us too:

Umar repped this.