On the lighter side...

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by metro fan, Oct 21, 2004.

1. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    Dias da Cunha, Pinto da Costa and Felipe Vieira took a trip to Saudi Arabia, for some offsite meeting about the system and to try to make up peace. Late at night there was all smiles and they were sharing a smuggled crate of booze.

All of the sudden Saudi police rushed in and arrested them. The mere possession of alcohol is a severe offense in Saudi Arabia, so for the terrible crime of actually being caught consuming the booze, they were sentenced to death!

However, the extremely benevolent Sheikh decided to reduce their sentence to just 20 lashes each of the whip.
    As they were preparing for their punishment, the Sheikh suddenly said, "It's my first wife's birthday today, and she has asked me to allow each of you one wish before your whipping."

Dias da Cunha was first in line (he had drunk the least), so he thought about this for a while and then said, "Please tie a pillow to my back."
    This was done, but the pillow only lasted 10 lashes before the whip went through. Dias da Cunha had to be carried away bleeding, complaining about the system and crying with pain when the punishment was done.

Pinto da Costa was next up (he almost finished an entire fifth by himself), and after watching the scene, said "All Right! Please fix two pillows on my back." But even two pillows could only take 15 lashes before the whip went through again, sending Pinto da Costa out crying like a little girl.

Felipe Vieira was the last one up (he had finished off the crate), but before he could say anything, the Sheikh turned to him and said, "You run one of the greatest soccer teams in the world, your supporters are the best and most loyal soccer fans in all the world. For this, you may have two wishes!"
    "Thanks, your most Royal Highness," Felipe Vieira replies. "In recognition of your kindness, my first wish is that you give me not 20, but 100 lashes."
    "Not only are you an honorable, handsome and powerful man, you are also very brave," the Sheik says with an admiring look on his face. "If 100 lashes is what you desire, then so be it.

And your second wish? What is it to be?" the Sheik asks.
    "Tie Pinto da Costa to my back."

2. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Funny stuff. :D
    But even a Benfica fan will agree that the most devilish/sneaky of the three would of been PdC and it Would of been him that asked to have the others tied to his back :cool:

3. LuisCamoes

LuisCamoes Red Card

Jul 25, 2004
    Boston USA
  4. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal

God damn it!... I was going to give you positive REP... right untill that last phrase! :D