On Iran and More (Call it the "Iran Propaganda Thread" if you wish)

Discussion in 'International News' started by Iranian Monitor, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    865691234756698112 is not a valid tweet id

2. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Rouhani has won in a landslide, in an election that became a referendum of sorts on the future course of the country.

With these results, I am sure that the path towards Iran's capitulation on a host of issues signalling resistance to US hegemony in the region is going to be paved. Perhaps such capitulation will be enough to see Iran spared a fate similar to what many others in our region are going through, although that is not certain by any means. But on the negative side, any hope that Iran can become a major power wielding an influence and position commensurate with its history is perhaps postponed indefinitely, even if that was already largely postponed in light of the nuclear deal and Raisi was certainly not the person to have kept Iran on that path in any case.

Anyway, congratulations to Rouhani's supporters and my best wishes for an Iran that does live up to many of the slogans from the Rouhani campaign, even if I have serious concern about some of the things the Rouhani camp has done during their time in office and am not entirely enthusiastic about the new Iranian intemezo in the region proving so short lived and coming to an end.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-for-landslide-in-huge-victory-for-reformists
    Iran: Hassan Rouhani set for landslide in huge victory for reformists
    Just before 9am, the interior ministry said Rouhani was ahead, with 14 million votes to Ebrahim Raisi’s 10 million, with over half of votes counted

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #278 Mani, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    IM, do you seriously think that a psychopath like Raisi would have taken Iran on a better path? Did you not see how the neocons and Wahhabis and their media outlets like Manoto TV and Alarabiya etc were openly cheerleading for Raisi to win? Come on. Iran is not just going to capitulate. If anything, Iran's international influence has actually increased under Rouhani. I'm 100% sure that any threats or challenges facing Iran will be handled better by Rouhani's team. Not to mention that Rouhani maybe the one who is able to get the great bargain you have always hoped for. Not at for the time being perhaps, but maybe after Trump's current term is over.

4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No I don't think Raisi would have handled anything better and I think I said that in my post. But I am not otherwise as confident as you about what will be happening under Rouhani either, but wish for the best.

5. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The fact that Iran's biggest enemies were hoping for Rouhani to lose, should give you enough confidence that they actually see him as an obstacle in their no-so-secret plans for Iran.

6. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #281 Iranian Monitor, May 20, 2017
    Some of them were, or claimed, to be hoping Rouhani would lose. But some of that is because these folks will certainly try hard to de-legitimize Rouhani. This kind of like being against the nuclear agreement, not necessarily to derail the deal, but to set the stage for taking the benefits of the deal but reneging on the benefits that Iran had bargained at the right time. A lot of times, the devil is in the details. For instance, while AIPAC threw a raucous and lobbied very hard against the deal, they also quietly lobbied against certain procedural games some of the Republican opponents of the deal wanted to play to attach conditions to the deal that they knew would kill it. One way to interpret what they did was to say: "okay, we will let the deal go through, but create the political conditions for the US to renege on its part of the bargain once Iran has given up its surge capacity." (Kind of like wanting to keep the cake and eating it too).

Remember, some of them have explicitly mentioned that they will be going after re-imposing sanctions and their whole games after Iran's election because they don't want to influence the election result against Rouhani. And Trump has similar issued waivers on some of the sanctions but called for a review of the whole package, with many people expecting that after the election is over, Trump and company will begin to concentrate on their mischief against Iran.

Maybe I worry too much, but what I mentioned and some things I don't want to discuss on the internet, does cause me to have some concerns. On the other hand, I agree that Raisi was not the answer either and far from it.

This is s report from last month, incidentally, to give some context to what I am saying.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-usa-sanctions-idUSKBN1762OR
    New U.S. sanctions bill delayed by concern over Iran election

7. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    IM, do you know what TV station has the most viewers in Iran? It's Manoto. They produce high quality live music/entertainment shows (like the video below) to capture ordinary Iranians, only to feed them hours of political propaganda on the side as part of their "news" programs. They have a budget which is bigger than BBC and VOA put together, yet they don't have an official government sponsor, nor do they have any meaningful advertising revenue sources. Have you ever wondered where their money comes from? We are talking hundreds of millions of dollars here. I think you know the answer.

Now go back and review Manoto's election coverage, it was like they were openly campaigning for Raisi. Isn't that odd? Europe and some within the American establishment do prefer Rouhani, I agree. But Israelis and Saudis don't. Ultimately, the US under Trump cheating on JCPOA, was inevitable. The key here though, is that they can never ever unite the world powers against Iran as Obama had done, and that in itself is very significant, because that was the only way they could make Iran capitulate through economic pressure. That's history now.

8. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #283 Iranian Monitor, May 20, 2017
    I agree that Rouhani is a better choice and in a much better position to prevent the UK/ EU to join with the rest of the folks who are after tearing Iran apart and that he may be better able to frustrate plans to have everyone ganging up on Iran. But that is not necessarily because the UK/EU are interested in doing good or doing something worthwhile for Iran. They have their own agendas and those agendas aren't meant to make Iran all that influential, prosperous or strong. But for many of them, a huge market like Iran isn't something to pass up and if they can get Iran weakened enough, and in the meantime convince the US that Iran has been sufficiently defanged, they don't mind seeing a government in power that gives them a bunch of sweat heart deals and is internationally a bit more presentable. And maybe that is the best we can realistically hope for, but it is much less than what I want for my country.

P.S.
    While I am hoping for the best, I think the examples of others who followed the same path in places like Libya and Syria and elsewhere should serve as a cautionary note in imagining that the UK/EU are ultimately that reliable.

9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Victory celebrations in various parts of Iran:

866014936564191233 is not a valid tweet id

865987360156209152 is not a valid tweet id

865831681541849088 is not a valid tweet id

10. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    #285 Pro-Freedom, May 20, 2017
    Iran: Voter's Unconcern Scene as the Sham "Presidential Election" Continues in Different Cities in Iran

[​IMG]

11. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    IRANIAN REGIME OFFICIAL INVOLVED IN DEMOGRAPHIC CHANGE OF AHWAZI AREAS KILLED BY AHWAZI RESISTANCE FORCES

http://www.ahwazmonitor.info/new/ir...wazi-area-killed-by-ahwazi-resistance-forces/

12. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #287 Mani, May 20, 2017
    Lmao. What a joke this Wahhabi guy is, posting fake news from random blogs and MEK (a violent cult group!) and passing it as news. 41+ million Iranians voted (73% of the electorate) and this joker is questioning it.

Even the Qatari-owned AlJazeera had no choice but to report the high turnout and long lines for the elections:

PBS:

Iranian Monitor and Zandi360 repped this.
  13. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #288 Mani, May 20, 2017
    We have an envious Wahabbi here, from a tyranny that is ruled by an unelected clan whose only qualification to govern is being the sperm of the Al Saud, where women can't even drive a car or go out without a male. So naturally, being an Iran hater, he's jealous and mad because he can't stand the fact that Iranians have a say in their future and are out in millions tonight celebrating their choice. Bow down before the people of Iran:

866064900925403136 is not a valid tweet id

866048534080081926 is not a valid tweet id

14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  15. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The intense and passionate support that Rouhani was able to garner as the election campaign got underway was palpable and easy to notice around the middle and upper middle class areas in Tehran. For the past few days, people in the streets close to where I live were basically having parties each night. Conversely, while Rouhani's opponents tried to rally the economic anxieties of lower middle class people and others and channel it in favor of Raisi, the choice of Raisi as the person to carry the banner for those sentiments failed at the end to inspire many of those folks. As a result, while over all turnout was very high and, in absolute terms (but not in percentage of eligible voters) more people (41+ million) voted in this election than any other election, the huge turnout was fueled mostly among those in middle and upper middle class areas in places such as Tehran who turned out in unprecedented numbers, while turnout in lower middle class areas which often fueled the high turnout number in past elections was below average.

I think I have said this before, but I will repeat it for emphasis: regardless of my doubts about Rouhani, I have no doubt about the kind of sentiments and aspirations that drove much of this passionate supporters. The slogans and the songs in the pro Rouhani rallies were ones that would even make someone like me, who has been skeptical of Rouhani, forget for the moment the issues that made me skeptical and want to join in the hopes and dreams of the crowd.

At the end of the day, I do believe this election was a referendum of sorts on what the people of Iran wanted and didn't want. And what this referendum said was the people of Iran do not want violent change and instability, but do want much greater freedoms in the social and political arena and want Iran to do what it reasonably can to be accepted by the west to be reintegrated back into the western dominated global economic, social and political order.

Mani repped this.
  16. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #291 Mani, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    @Iranian Monitor,

As long as the conservatives in Iran do not stop their obsession with social issues against the will of the vast majority of Iranians, they will never win an election, nor the vision you have for Iran will ever materialize. Simply because even the correct positions of the conservatives on foreign policy and national issues etc, is just overlooked by the provokd youth/electorate whose main concern is trivial social issues which shouldn't be an issue to begin with, if not for conservatives' unhealthy obsession. Just take a look at Lebanon, where the opposite is true, since the conservative Shia politicians there are not obsessed with social and private life of the citizens. That's the model the conservatives in Iran should ultimately adopt if they want to be relevant again.

17. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I am afraid Iran faces very difficult times ahead and neither faction in Iranian politics have the right answers. Both factions, frankly, are ultimately mired in corruption. And that corruption - which extends even to having suspicious foreign links and countenancing suspicious moles in key places in the government - makes it difficult to imagine how Iran can save itself from the dangers that appear to be in the horizon. The unnatural obsession of the conservative factions with some social issues you alluded to makes things obviously worse. At the same time, as the worse plans against Iran are those that look to tear it apart and throw it into mayhem and chaos, working outside of the system isn't much of a choice either. That would help those who have the worse agendas against Iran.

I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, particularly when I see so many Iranians - in large part because of what you mention - in rather jubilant mood in the wake of the election. But you follow Iranian related news carefully and know full well that the Trump/Neocon/Israel/Wahhabi Arabia/MEK (and whoever else they can enlist to the 'cause') is the last group that cares at all about the welfare of the Iranian people or the truth when it comes to Iran. They are also the last group that is bothered with what the people in Iran want or think and the first to dismiss the election as being irrelevant. Their plan, which they have been working on for some time, is to throw Iran into chaos and mayhem ("implosion").

The UK/EU (plus certain parts of the US establishment who isn't all that thrilled with the US being a poodle of the Israeli Lobby), on the other hand, prefer to turn Iran into a weakened and largely irrelevant state, with Iran instead busy giving them concessions and deals which strengthen their position in Iran while adding more to their coffers to finance their creeping takeover of Iran's key institutions. But at least their preference (which doesn't necessarily translate to what they can deliver against the US/Israel and company) is to prevent an implosion and, instead, in return for all the things they are going to get, they are willing to give the Iranian people a measure of freedom on the issues you alluded to along with some stability. But that is if they can convince the US to go along with their preference. Otherwise, the weakened state they want to see from all this dynamic will simply help bring about an implosion even more reliably and effectively.

Even if, by chance, an Iranian politician appears who wants to at least stand up to and say something against this dynamic, he will be turned into an international pariah. Of course, no politician will be perfect and all of them will have some issues that can be blown out of proportion and used against them. Nothing remotely perfect, in fact, can climb up the political ladders in Iran to be in position to make a difference when there is simply too much corruption and treachery around to avoid getting tainted by it.

18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What makes me hopeful about Iran's future is scenes like this. A bunch of young Raisi supporters were handing out flowers to the Rouhani supporters during the post-election street celebrations in Qom. If conservatives want to be relevant again, they need to learn to be more like this and show respect to ALL people of Iran.

19. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #294 Mani, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Famous Kuwaiti TV commentator (a Sunni Arab) exposes Saudis and other Gulf Arabs and the likes of "Pro-Freedom" here, on the real reasons behind their blind hatred of Iran and Iranians.

867320014902374400 is not a valid tweet id

20. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    This news report from independent, London-based Iranian news channel Manoto concerns the recent horrendous discovery of a mass grave in the regional capital city of Ahwaz by a municipality roadworks crew engaged in excavation work to widen a local road. The grave is believed to contain the remains of some of the tens of thousands of dissidents executed by the Iranian regime in the 1980s, with credible local sources and the Organization of Justice for Iran substantiating the news. On receiving the reports of the shocking discovery, the municipality reportedly immediately ordered that the bodies dug up during the excavation be reinterred and covered over again and that the road be built as planned on top of the location.

21. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    "moderate and reformist" weekly mass executions

Execution of man arrested at 16 exposes Iran’s disregard for child rights

[​IMG]

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/n...-16-exposes-irans-disregard-for-child-rights/

22. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    8 Prisoners Executed a Week After Presidential Elections in Iran

[​IMG]
    http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/middle-east/352599

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran's economy is no longer dependant on oil

More tourists visited Iran this year than they had in the last 40 years...

867049974030270464 is not a valid tweet id

867344126307692545 is not a valid tweet id

868409930927271936 is not a valid tweet id

24. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The new law abolishing capital punishment for drug traffickers which accounts for 95% of all executions in Iran, should go into effect later on this year. All the crocodile tears will go to waste now.

856270196536770561 is not a valid tweet id

25. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    If you think a 'moderate' has won in Iran, think again

28-05-2017:...Rouhani is an utterly ruthless operator, who had presided since 2013 over a collapsing economy and what Amnesty International called “a staggering execution spree”, murdering and imprisoning so many dissidents that Iran has per capita the highest execution rate in the world.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/28/think-moderate-has-won-iran-think/