On any given day an MLS team can beat Hull

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Ruict, Oct 20, 2009.

1. chrizzah

chrizzah Member

Aug 8, 2000
    DC
    You got most of the top Family Feud answers as to why people go on vacation, but you missed one in the top three- to experience another culture. Most people I know (which admittedly isn't necessarily a good representation of the US as a whole) would travel outside of North America more (and not just to Europe) if cost weren't an issue. The original poster aimed at tapping in to negative American stereotypes (ignorant of other countries, less educated, self-important as a whole) to counter one person's response; however your response does nothing but reinforce these stereotypes.

1 person likes this.
  2. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As others have implied, it's more like everything you could dream of.

3. jd34

jd34 Red Card

Dec 5, 2009
    On any given day, I think Ruict is a prized idiot. But then, he's American. It's natural.

4. Ruict

Ruict Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, I never had such a high honor given to me. please send me my prize.

1 person likes this.
  5. ohjens

ohjens New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    you can have jozy's spot on the bench.

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    your football league is still shit though

and hawai is hardley a car journey away is it?

1 person likes this.
  7. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    This is the very reason that most folk from your pathetic country have no clue about the outside world, yes you might have access to different types of vacations within your borders but what you fail to understand is that there are many different cultures which you don't experience outside of your borders.

Yes your right the US health care is not a reason to go to the US, it is no better and in a lot of cases worse off than many European countries. But as for flocking to the US, many Americans flock their homeland to many countries around the world too, countries they've experienced by 'getting out a bit' and realising its a cultural life they would prefer.

Russia is a gigantic country which makes the US look like the pathetic England as you call it and they too are just as insular and have a clouded belief of superiority the same as many of your country folk.

In this day and age you would have thought the US of all people would take great advantage of such technologically advanced transport luxuries such as Air travel and finally realise that the world doesn't revolve around the US of A.

1 person likes this.
  8. busbyboy74

busbyboy74 Member

Apr 13, 2007
    416 Proper
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Repped

9. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

This is a pretty funny response, I have to say........:)

10. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And this is the reason why people LIKE YOU think they have it all figured out.

See the thing is the average American doesn't have all this money to spend on plane tickets, hotels and other expenses that is need to go to all these other countries. and isn't the US Dollar value lower then European currency? So we are at a disadvantage there as well. The United States may be the land of oppourtnity and what not but you speak as if every American can just hop a plane to a foreign country when its vacation time. I'm not sure what your monthly income is but for a lot of Americans we have bills to pay before we can even think about an trip across Europe. I live in Tennessee and just taking a vacation to Florida is hard enough as it is. So going to another country wouldn't really make any sense to me financially.

See in Europe and a lot of other continents the countries are a lot smaller and the time and money it takes to get to them are nowhere near it would cost for an American to get to them. Just like if a person lived in England and wanted to travel to France all they have to do is hop on a train, go through a tunnel under the English Channel and they are there in no time.
    So it isn't that people DON'T want to experience different cultures its that going to a foreign country just really isn't in the books for a lot of Americans.

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I see this thread is no longer about Hull, but I want to point out for nostalgia's sake that neither an MLS team, a Sunday league team or any random poster's pub team could beat Hull on any given day.

Hull sucks in the Premier League, to have that right takes a ton of talent.