OMFG!!!! Angelina Is Adopting Another Kid!!!

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by TheSlipperyOne, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go back and read the previous posts. Acting is a full time and intensive job. You are getting up at 5-6 am getting home 9-10pm for a shoot of possibily 4-8 weeks depending on the role and location. In Jolie's case she's made six films in 2004. Two in 2005.

If you are a single parent. You cannot take that kind of time away from your kids. I know that personally for me I changed jobs, left New York, never considered going back to work there because of the commuting time. I made sacrifices for my career for the sake of my children. I didn't look to work long hours and turned down any jobs involving travel.

2. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All it takes is one asshat immigration desk jockey here or in Ethiopia to see that piece of paperwork come across his/her desk knowing that Jolie's adopted this child and they know they can sell a copy of the adoption papers or get some money for the tip.

I just assume the best about her motives for wanting to help these children.

3. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alberto, I can see how someone with your particular and antiquated worldview would be bothered by the idea of a woman out there who apparently feels she can act independently, without a man in her life.

And are you really saying that this child would have been better off as an orphan in whatever shithole it came from than living a very comfortable and well-cared for life with AJ because she travels a lot and doesn't have a man? Seriously?

4. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    You really don't read any of the posts you reply to, do you? I said that she has kept the way she raises her child out of the public eye. How do I know this? Becuase the raising of this child is out of the public eye. It's not hard to figure out.

Now what the issue here, as stated earlier, is not weather or not she lets us in on how she raises them. Not at all. What's important is that she raises them in the best environment she knows how. It's not her duty to ensure that you know she's raising them peoperly. THAT was the point. Not weather or not she tells you, but that telling you isn't the issue at all.

And this is why you are a pig. You are a horribly closed minded person that can't see that not everyone is like you. You are incapable of getting that people can indeed raise children on their own. They do a fantastic job of doing it, too. They do it every single day. Look around you sometime. Well, leave teh shelter of the pig-bunker first, then look around you. Meet people. Learn something once in awile. People rise great children on their own. And had this single mother not stepped in and taken these two women under her arm, who would have? It's not like there's a line of people out there beating down the doors of third world orphanages out there to help out. She's doing a tremendous servive to these kids - just like ever parent that elects to adopt a child in need - single or otherwise.

Yes you do. You may not think you do, but you do. If you honest to god don't think that the horribly filthy way you look at women as objects isn't picked up by your children, then you are living in a cave much darker than I ever imagined. Children are very perceptive. They pick up everything. But then again, since you treat women like total and complete objects worth less than three day old trash, chances are you already know your children will grow up to bring great pride to your name and gleaming smiles to your face when they treat women just the way you do.

5. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    But your making presumptions on her motivation for the adoption and her ability to love the child as her own. You have know way of knowing either of these things. As for time being away, you don't know if the children come with her on location. She's got the money to bring them with. We all work, some more then others, but we all have the time to give to our children. Angelina Jolie is no different. You are condemning for some other reasons and just trying to justify it. I don't know what those reasons are jealousy, woman hating. I'm not sure. But she is a person you can't possible know and your really don't have a reason to condemn her for adopting these children.

6. amerifolklegend

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    How many hours do you put in a year?

How many hours do you have your children at work with you each year?

How many hours is Angelina actually away from her children each year?

How many hours is too much? How many is just enough? (well, I assume this answer will be the exact number as the first question.)

How many hours a year is Angelina not near her children at all?

7. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barbara, I am not bothered by independent women. Like I said before.... The child will have a much better life, but wouldn't the life be better if it came with parent(s) that were more committed to raising him or her.

I'm bothered by the presumption that single parenting is the equal to two parent families. When the circumstances present themselves you do the best job you can under the circumstances. It can be good, but I can tell you from my personal experience that I wish my kids had the opportunity to have been raised with a mother that nutured them. I've done the best job and have been a devoted father to them, but I recognize that as a man even as a loving, involved parent that there were many things that only a woman could have imparted to the benefit of my children. Look if one parent is horrible at parenting, then one good parent is better than two bad parents. However, for me I will always feel that my children were short changed in their formative years. They didn't get what I had, a nuturing home life with two devoted parents. This isn't about chauvinistic behavior. It's about wishing for the best scenario. Sure it's unrealistic to expect that today given how dysfunctional people and families are today.

8. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have no clue how I treat women.

9. amerifolklegend

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    If this is such your concern, then why bring it up on a thread about a single woman adopting a child in the first place?

Why do take a great thing and shit on it for not being the ideal situation. What this woman did was a tremendous sacrifice. A sacrifice that she already knew the circumstances of seeing as how she already did this once in the past. This woman should be nothing but praised for the efforts she has done to bring the plight of the starving children to light - and that's not even beginning to talk about the actual adopting she's done.

10. amerifolklegend

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America

Yes I do, Alberto. Yes I do.

I read what you say - how you say it. I do know, Alberto.

11. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto.

12. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love my 2 year old, I really do.

But after the day we had today..holy fvck what I wouldn't give for a nanny.

Jolie, nanny's and all, is probably going to provide a better household for her adopted children than so many families that keep on breeding themselves.

13. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    When this did this thread turn into Middleage Bitchfest Hour?

14. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Maddox accompanies Angelina when she goes on certain film shoots (e.g Tomb Raider). Anyway, here is one interview that I dug up through Yahoo!search:

15. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Aliens should not be allowed to adopt humans!!

16. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to Bigsoccer?

17. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If she were doing dinner theater it wouldn't even be an issue; What're the odds a single woman living from paycheck to paycheck would even be let in the door of a domestic adoption agency? And how economically viable would it be for her in that situation to be caring for a child regardless of its country of origin?

She has the means to do good and she's doing it.

And if she's an alien, does that mean Jon Voight is, too?

18. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have no problems with a human raising an alien.

19. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ahh, come on, what good is an Angelina Jolie thread without pictures?

[​IMG]

20. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Likewise, I have no problem with a human raising an alien for food.