OM in INTERTOTO.

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by ZoltaR, Jul 16, 2005.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i watched the match on M6 and want to congratulate OM on a thrilling victory. i can add my impressions to the eurosport synopsis.

the match was more than physical, it was brutal (10 yellows and 2 reds :eek: two brawls, one on the field and one in the tunnel). depor tried to kill the match with fouls but it backfired.

OM showed more heart than talent, but heart is what wins matches like this. if the match hadn't been delayed so long to get the injured martin ruben off they would have scored their winner even sooner, and if the match had gone an extra 15 minutes they might have added 2 more.

meité's goal shouldn't have been allowed, but OM still would have won. la coruna was dead in the water.

something you won't read elsewhere: sabri lamouchi was hit by a rock or something thrown by a "fan" during his halftime interview. that was sad to see. some OM fans need not to forget their medz!

2. ZoltaR

ZoltaR New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    M@rseille.fr
    in fact, the om supps were throwing thingz on the refferies (they allways do that LOL) who were leaving the pitch at the same time. L'amouchi caught one , some kinda casualty...

3. ZoltaR

ZoltaR New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    M@rseille.fr
    Niang: "We still believed"
    “We still believed. The more that passed, the more that became difficult but we always believed. We gave everything and we were rewarded ".
    "It is all the team which made a great match, in spite of the tensions that there was on the grass. Which counts this evening it is the qualification. We can say that this match will enable us to work more quietly and to prepare Ajaccio while being concentrated much more ".
    [​IMG]

Oruma: "We played like a team"

"Today, we played like a team. We were welded and even the substitutes gave everything. It is that which gives force to a team ".
    "We were all waiting for that. Now, we have to focus on the Saturday match. When the stadium is like that, it is impressing nevertheless, I never saw that. They supported us from the beginning to the end. It gives me desire for giving more and for beating me until the end. It is incredible, a formidable moment ".
    [​IMG]

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    thank you for clearing that up for me. lamouchi has been frank in the press recently, i thought perhaps that had been only moderately appreciated.

5. ZoltaR

ZoltaR New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    M@rseille.fr
    OM 5-1 La Corogne: Impossible is not Marseillais
    Impossible is not Marseillais ! The Olympians embanked La Corogne at the end of an insane and electric match. The evening finished in joy. A pleasure which will be prolonged as of September 15 in the UEFA cup!
    [​IMG]

OM carried everything on its passage. It was beautiful, and violent. A jolt of 9 on the scale of Richter. The Vélodrome was shaken of full whip. It even appears that up there the Good Mother also jumped on the air of the lampions.
    The exploit could born only from the madness. We thought of knowing much after the match against Lazio, the reference of the season. It was exceeded in intensity against La Corogne. Because the way the qualification was written made lie all logics. Who had believed it in the half-time, when the two teams joined the cloakrooms, reduced ten (Ribéry and Dusher expelled following a scuffle), and back with back (1-1)?
    [​IMG]

To qualify themselves, the Marseillais had to mark three goals without returning only one of them, in forty five minutes. This equation was imposed to them. Because at the beginning of the match, after they opened the score by Ribéry (in ambush on a slackened blow-frank), a Carrasso-Lamouchi hesitation had made it possible Andrade to equalize.
    As too often since the beginning of the season, it was thus an error which had complicated all. The regrets were however going to be swept in second half.
    At the 55e minute, Jean Fernandez replace Delfim by Koke. The coach knew that only the taking risk could nourish the hope. The Méité’s goal encouraged him in his method. The coach followed this line while launching Batlles in the place of Lamouchi (excellent as a semi-official captain) then Barry for Beye.

[​IMG]

Between these two changes, all was become possible again. Initially because Capdevila had been excluded, for the whole of his work. Then because Niang had taken again victoriously a ball boxed by Molina for the goal of 3-1. A goal which, at twenty minutes of the end and at 10 against 9, meant that the mountain was about to be reversed.
    It was at the 87th. Niang placed the ball in the small net, in a closed angle, on a bad return of the defense and a new percussion of Taiwo. La Corogne collected what it deserved. It was a “désarticulée” puppet. A puppet on which the Olympians inserted a last nail, for glory and the spectacle. Oruma, as enormous as against Lazio, perforated the Galician rear-guard and crossed with the perfection to illuminate for the fifth time the display board. Fantastic.

[​IMG]

With a simple victory, the Marseillais would have left the head high their estival countryside. With this fireworks, the doors of Uefa are large open for them. They were not sulky their pleasure. And their joy was communicative. There Robert Louis-Dreyfus did not deprive himself besides to come to also taste it, on the lawn. We never had seen him such a smile on his face. The majority shareholder, arm top-arm below with Jean Fernandez, even took part in a merry round with several Olympian before letting them finish the evening by an endiablé lap of honour. Who will now say that this OM does not have a "small" something more?

6. ZoltaR

ZoltaR New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    M@rseille.fr