Olympique Lyonnais Cafe

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by Looper121, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Carlos Bianchi would be a good choice because he is a winner and has experience in French football and he speaks French but he wont get it because he doesnt have experience in the Champions League and they probably dont want another ex PSG guy.

2. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes! I couldn't agree more. He fits all the requirements and has to be getting sick of the **************** in Monaco.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yeah but like I said before, his bosses at Monaco might not let him go to a league rival.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the above article is a very exact resumé of what was in l'équipe yesterday.

i ran through a few more stories on skysports, and am happy to see all the info is straight out of the horse's mouth; refreshing when you see the general n'importe quoi about french football in the english press. I've put the link in my favorites.

deschamps has always been in my favorites. he's a little rougher around the edges than le guen, but has the same honesty, humility, and sense of communication. i'm sure he goes out and plays "bull in the ring" at practice just like le guen.

though i doubt he'll run away with the preseason bicycle races like le guen did.

the ******** at monaco??? alas, i'm afraid he's as happy as a clam at ASM, and they love him right back...

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  6. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Kewell is past his best.

Baros is having a tiff with Benitez. Good player.

7. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No thanks to both of those fools. Kewell is ALWAYS injured, and Baros can't hit the broad side of a barn, and then complains about being subbed out. Here's an idea Baros, try scoring some goals, as far as I know that is a sure fire way to not be subbed out.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I think Lyon is thinking that these guys won't be too pricey and they are hoping that they can rediscover their form with a new and fresh enviornment/start.

9. fishbiproduct

fishbiproduct New Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Pasadena Ca.

It isn't "has contact", but "had contact", that's
    different, and no mention of when.
    A month ago? a year ago?
    This comes from L'Equipe:"«On avait contacté Baros (Liverpool), il y a quelques temps et Kewell (Liverpool), mais c'était bien trop cher» a ajouté Aulas"

Keyword in all this being "avait", as in "had".

Having said that, Baros, maybe, but Kewell??

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    http://www.football365.fr/depeches/story_172228.shtml

Lyon: Contacted Denoueix
    May 12, 2005 - 09. 27 -

According to our fellow-members of Progress, Raynald Denoueix would have been contacted by the Olympic Lyonese. According to Jean-Michel Aulas, other tracks as that of Guy Lacombe are also considered.

Didier Deschamps will not be the future trainer of Lyon, the coach Monegasque put an end to the suspense of itself. Claude Puel did not close the door and awaits the end of season to decide. During this time, Lyon continues its research to replace Paul Guen and would have contacted Raynald Denoueix. Amongst other things...

D.M.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lyon's backup keeper could leave.

http://olweb.fr/fr/cmc/saison/2005/19/3335.html

Puydebois: "I have some contacts..."

Since December 17, 2004 and the reception of Marseilles, Nicolas Puydebois returned has his statute of substitute after having disputed 10 complete meetings of row. 7 in championship, 2 as League Champions and one out of Cut of the League... after having replaced Grégory Coupet against Fenerbahce. 17 matches in 3 seasons, the end of the contract in "Nico", June and currently wounded in the expectancy but not anxious.

Did you are wounded, when you feel this pain?
    I felt a pain with abdominal with the heating of the match Sunday against Ajaccio. One did not know too what it was then one had patience 2 during the days of rest and yesterday when one began again I went to pass an echography, which showed a small elongation with the abdominal ones. For the recovery, one will see tomorrow with Doc. compared to the tests. If it is negative I will take one day more and the evolution of the wound will be followed.

Is what they is painful?
    I suffer especially when I laugh, or when I cough, but otherwise in the movements that can be awkward, that can be dangerous on a dive or an impulse, as long as there is a small in-depth trick better is worth not to take risks and to await more anything to feel whole.

With regard to your future?
    One thinks of it, I have some contacts, some keys after it is necessary to deepen that. I must meet the leaders to be able to discuss a prolongation. One will see what they propose to me and according to that I will make a choice. I will weigh for and will see it against and one well.

You do not exclude anything, to remain in Lyon or to leave?
    All is possible, like the coach, it could remain or to leave and it decided to leave, I am a little in the same case, I am at the end of the contract I am free. Very recently the OM made me a proposal which I must receive then one will see and one will try to make the good choice.

You must want to have a place of holder?
    The fact of having played gave me confidence and desire. But after, capacity food one 5th title with the OL can be interesting. A place of lining for after being titular in another club can as be interesting, all depends the challenge as one proposes to me.

But 1 Leagues some? Not on the lower floor?
    For the moment there is a little all, L1, L2. Is what it is to be better a substitute in L1 or holder in L2 or the reverse. It is a choice to be made and that will depend on the sporting project and the ambition of the clubs.

Can a return of Rémy Vercoutre to the club influence your choice?
    That will influence certainly the choice of the club but not mine, I can make my choice today whereas Rémy inevitably does not have the choice considering which it is in contract with the OL.
    Me I am without contract in June, I can resign very well in Lyon like elsewhere, I thus do not have particular requirements I just will look at the proposals which I can have and make the best choice.

You have a priority?
    I keep it for me and I will study all the proposals.

LB

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    David Trezeguet to Lyon for 25 million ?

http://sport.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200519/cmc_82018.html

Trezeguet, the Lione offers 25 million
    12 05 2005

David Trezeguet remains one of the bianconeri players more ambles to you on the market. For the French forward offering from Spain (Valencia and Barcelona have arrived various).

In the last days they would have been made alive with entuorage of the player also the Lione leaders. The square neo-champion of France would be ready to disburse 25 million euro in order acquiring the centravanti franc-Argentine

13. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That looks like a job done by google translator.... square neo-champion... the hell does that mean? Anyways... Maybe Lyon have turned from sellers to buyers.

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    How about keeping Govou for one more year. Sell Essien and use most of that money to buy Trezeguet. Use the rest of the Essien money and your transfer budget money to get a good replacement for Essien.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yeah what a really crappy translation.I couldnt find a better one. Anyway they turned from sellers to buyers when Aulas said most of the team except Govou would remain but now its possible even he may stay since interest for him isnt high.

16. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well, I've got to hand it to you sportboy, you manage to scour through all the articles out there that apply to French football. Even Italian ones. Props for that.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yeah this one is not a BS rumor. It doesnt say Trezeguet is coming to Lyon. It says Lyon are interested in him and if they want him they'll have to pay 25 million.

18. ikvat

ikvat New Member

May 12, 2005
    France (Drôme)
    I read a news concerning Gerland futur evolution.
    Number of seats will be increased from 41 000 to 60 000 in the 4 next years.
    They have refused 60 000 asks during the season for 3 or 4 matches.
    It's a good new for OL fans.

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    "square" is one translation of squadra, but here it means "team".

it's funny about automatically translated articles (see the puydebois articles higher up, too). if you understand a language, you can retranslate it back in your head to the original and understand, but at face value they are often pretty opaque!

puydebois will likely leave. vercoutre is still under contract, but won't be patient for long, as coupet is not going to give up the n° 1 spot for a while. but there are a couple of great keepers in the club that are even younger. as long as joel bats is the goalkeeping coach, lyon will always have the problem of not knowing what do do with all their good keepers.

in fact, the popularity of greg coupet causes a problem for most youth clubs here. where normally it's hard to get youngsters between the sticks, in lyon there is a huge surplus!

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I'm glad they are getting a stadium expansion/renovation but I wish they were getting a new stadium instead. If its gonna take 4 years to complete it it would be quicker if they just built a new stadium or played at a temporary one while Gerland is renovated.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Aulas says only 1 departure at the most.

http://news.maxifoot.com/20050512/news2005-05-12_36260.php

Lyon: only one departure? (12/05)
    A few days after having obtained a fourth title of champion of France, Jean-Michel Aulas, the president of the Olympic Lyonese, declared on the waves of RTL that there would be "no departures of important players" the next season. Sidney Govou could be the only one to leave the club: "Sidney spoke about its desire from to go away. Considering what it did for the club, the goal which it marked against Ajaccio which brought the title, it has the right to leave "announced the president of the OL. It as made a point of saying as it did not want to intend to speak about a departure of Mickaël Essien, however coveted by Chelsea, Arsenal or Real Madrid: "there will be no good of exit, I repeat it. Chelsea set out again besides as it came. It is to know little about me to think that I will derogate from this principle "it specified. The OL could recruit an offensive medium right (to replace Govou), a defensive medium and a large attacker. To follow... (By Anne Pinsolle)