Olympics Draw

Discussion in 'China' started by shingkei, Apr 20, 2008.

1. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wow China are down and out and they still decide to play with 5 defenders and 1 forward

2. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    When it comes to defensive minded tactics and China, im never surprised....

3. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Though China actually played some decent football in this game the last half hour just reafirmed football in China with defensively minded defenders including full-backs who can't defend. Midfielders who have no creativity, wingers who either don't like to run at players or who can't cross and forwards who can't score.

From all the chinese football I've been watching, from the national teams and the league it seems the only tactic chinese teams use is hoofing the ball long and praying it pinball's into the net. I think anybody can figure out that one tactic that will help is having more then 1 forward and some more players who step out of their own half to join an attack.

4. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Im not trolling, Im just curious as to what makes you think Dong DESERVES [WELL DESERVED as you put it} chance?

5. znasa

znasa New Member

Aug 12, 2008

good!

6. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    for remind us how the management was great against brazil Hao Junmin played righ back, Cui Peng Left Back, Han Peng Center back, great great great !!!! china need o learn how to avoid stupid yellow card that can help

7. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    He doesn't. But he deserves to leave. SAF needs to let him to go to some smaller European club... because there was supposedly some interest and SAF shut the door on that.

Yea...

8. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Game over for the steel roses, japan beat them 2-0, china only shot twice on goal and japan more than 10 time, the chinese sports ministry need to kick all CFA out and to hired real pple with a real goal and who know football coz if not chinese football at International level will fall into a deep abyss. National team is a disaster, U23 players will now go on NT and for the sake of football need to have someone who control all from the start to the end, a coach who can force de players to use brain and to stop to kick the ball far from the net !!!! For the women the same thing too, need to increase the skill training coz is unbelivable to not even know how to control the ball and how to do a nice effective pass, and need to force them to play fast, one touch and to help each other and to stop to try individual effort who r usless. Still for the Steel roses need to stop to do like the men team with long ball, Japan kill us coz they played fast one touch, the control skill killed all our players and they help each others, and yup one more thing, Pu Wei need to retire once for all and Zhang Yin need to be on the bench and let wang Dandan play starter :D

9. ManUPLA

ManUPLA New Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Well, he has only been given 1 premier league start (against Chelsea) and 1 start in the Carling cup (in which it was almost an all-youth team and they all played poorly). Other than these non-friendlies, he has only been subbed on for minimal minutes in that UCL match.

I just think everyone expects too much too quickly from this guy. Yes hes a striker, but I really don't think you should expect every one to make a ManUtd debut like Wayne Rooney.

To clarify what I meant with my previous post: If Dong is on the "first" team (which technically he still is, though now numberless), and they refuse to send him to a lower team to get more playing time, then don't you think it is fair to at least give him some playing time here instead of once again rotting in the system?

Yeah I know the skeptics will probably say I'm just looking at this through rose-colored glasses, and yes, I am a CNT fan so it is obvious I'd like to see this guy succeed. However, the bandwagonners out there who just take every opportunity to bash Dong are worse with their double standards where if a Brazilian player lets say were to make no impact in a game, then its ok hes just having an off-game, but if an Asian player doesn't make an impact in a game, then he doesn't deserve to be in this league.

10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree with you, the last sentence is sooooo true.