Olympic qualifying 2020, US vs Panama on January 31

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Semblance17, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunate Costa Rica is in the same group as the US, they look to be the 2nd best CONCACAF team out there

3. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I do not really agree there. I think, currently, Canada is second best then Costa Rica and Mexico are pretty much tied in 3rd place.

Looking at the groups it seems pretty strait forward except for second place in group B.
    The US will win group A and Costa Rica will be second.
    Canada will win group B and Mexico will probably be second. However Mexico is very capable of self destructing and losing to a vastly inferior side as is Jamaica. Mexico beat Jamaica but it was a struggle and Canada is also capable of an epic failure and there is a slight possibility of either Jamaica or Mexico beating them. Therefore group B is very much up in the air.

The most probable finish in group B is:
    1 - Canada
    2 - Mexico
    3 - Jamaica
    4 - Saint Kitts & Nevis
    But there is at least some suspense in group B unlike group A where there is very limited question of the top two and it what order.

This means that the US will play Mexico in one semi and Canada will play Costa Rica in the other and the we will be subjected to one more Canada vs US final. If it turns out otherwise it will be an event rivaling many in the Christian faith.

4. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Panama - USA
    R:
    Myriam MARCOTTE (CAN)
    AR1: Chantal BOUDREAU (CAN)
    AR 2: Stephanie-Dale YEE SING (JAM)
    Fourth Official: Odette HAMILTON (JAM)

Hamilton got moved to fourth official, which could be normal rotation, but the AR Princess Brown from the previous game who made the offside call has been removed. (AR's usually stay as a pair even when working with different Referee's, so its notable that one AR Yee Sing is the same and Princess Brown was not included.)

blissett repped this.
  5. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know whether we will be able to stream this match without FS2 on the Fox Sports website like the last game?

The articles keep directing me to fubo.tv for a free trial but I have no idea which plan trial includes FS2.

6. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They said if you have FS1, then all US games will be available for streaming on FoxSports website.

jackdoggy and Semblance17 repped this.
  7. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought I would be able to watch this on my TV using my Amazon fire stick to access online, but I can't figure out how to get it to work.

I think it might be because XFINITY doesn't have Fox Soccer Plus.

8. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Either Fubo or Hulu(with live TV) will give you what you want. As far as I can tell both give you FS1 and FS2. However I do not find Fox Soccer Plus on Fubo at all.

I would recommend Hulu(With live TV) as it has FS1, FS2 and Fox Soccer Plus.
    One note: I have Hulu and I do not find Fox Soccer Plus in the lineup that shows in Hulu it does show and is playable in my Channels DRV listing with only Hulu as the provider. I think it may be a bug with Hulu and I have reported it but the drones in customer service do not even seem to understand what I am reporting as they keep trying to say that Fox Soccer Plus is part of the local channels but it clearly is not.

Even with that I think Hulu might be your best bet as it has everything you need and the bug I see with Fox Soccer Plus might be something local to my system or my ISP. (Charter if it matters)

It is a free trial and you can test before match time.

One more thing: with all providers I have looked at but Fubo if you cancel the trial you still get access to the end of the trial but with Fubo when you cancel your access is stopped right away.

You also might want to look at Sling but you would need the Sports Pack add on to get everything you need (FS2) and I am not sure they have Fox Soccer Plus

jackdoggy repped this.
  9. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #9 FanOfFutbol, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    A bit of a note to add to my earlier post as it is too late to edit it:
    If you have FS1 and FS2 you get access, with authorization, to Fox Sports go and there you can directly watch almost all shows that are on Fs1 or FS1. I also think, although I am not absolutely sure, that Fox Sports Go will stream shows on Fox Soccer Plus if you have that in you provider's listing.

Edit: I just verified that if your provider (In my case Hulu) includes Fox Soccer Plus you can watch the Fox Soccer Plus content on Fox Sports Go.

There is one caveat about that for many of us with Rokus:
    Roku is Removing All FOX Sports & Fox Channels Tomorrow
    https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/roku-is-removing-all-stand-along-fox-channels-tomorrow/

jackdoggy repped this.
  10. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #10 FanOfFutbol, Jan 31, 2020
    One more note: It is the Fox Sports app you need not Fox Sports Go. I get them confused often. Fox Sports Go is for local Fox content and Fox Sports is for FS1, FS2, Fox Soccer Plus etc.

Sorry if I confused anyone. I plead age and my brain not fully awake.
    They say as you age memory is the first thing to go, I forget what the second is.

As of right now 10:43 EST Fox Sports is still working on my Rokus.

11. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #11 lil_one, Jan 31, 2020
    Here's the info that came out about streaming when the Fox Sports deal was announced: "All matches featuring the USA will be available to stream on FOXSports. com and the FOX Sports app with FS1 level authentication."

And the info about FoxSports is repeated here:

So, I don't think you need Fox Soccer Plus; I think that means you can do it with the Fox Sports app on your FireStick (as long as you have FS1 authentication), and if that fails for some reason, you can also just pull it up on the FoxSports website on your laptop and then plug your computer directly into your TV. (I admit that there are better solutions there, but I also admit to going with the simple one.)

12. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, OK everyone together.......
    Thank you CONCACAF for waiting till the last minute to close the TV rights deal.

What a cluster.

rover8 and Lloyd Heilbrunn repped this.
  13. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, that is true if all you are interested in is the US matches BUT there are many of us that like to watch the other matches and see if/how much other teams are progressing relative to each other.

Of course this is a USWNT forum and the US matches are, correctly, the primary focus but there is interest, at least for me, in the other matches that are appearing of FS2 and Fox Soccer Plus.

14. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It’s a joke. I have Fubo and FS2 and can “find” the game, but since it was such last minute it doesn’t show up on my upcoming or featured events.

Over/under 5k in attendance tonight? Just looked , upper level corner tickets are $35per. What a joke...If it’s a low interest match on a weekday, let people have an option to get in the door for $10.

CoachJon repped this.
  15. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like the deadline on the Roku/Fox standoff is midnight tonight (don't know which time zone), so it should be OK for tonight's game at least, but don't quote me on that.

It's really about maximizing leverage right before the Super Bowl, so we'll see how things get sorted out once the Super Bowl is past.

16. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #16 FanOfFutbol, Jan 31, 2020
    If you have a reasonable amount of local storage you might want to look at Channels DVR:
    https://getchannels.com/features/
    It supports recording from an antenna(with a compatible tuner) as well as recording from many of the TV Anywhere services including, but not limited to, Fubo, Sling and Hulu. I use it for Hulu and it works better and is easier to use that any provider interface I have tried. It records to a local hard drive and is limited only by the amount of storage you have. I do not know what the free version provides as I have used the full paid version ($8.00 per month or $80.00 per year) since I signed up. It is easy to set up and quite reliable. There are a few shows on NBCsn that will not record due to restrictions placed by the owners. The only one I have actually run into is "Premier League Soccer." Note: Those shows can be recorded using the provider's DVR function.

I like it a LOT but I think that others might not so much. I have it running on a computer in my workshop and I have figured out how to access it from my main computer. They have apps for Fire TV and iOS and Android. I use it on either my Fire or my Shield. Also the files it produces can be read by systems such as Plex or Emby. I use Emby.

Enough about that now we return you to our regularly scheduled soccer discussion.

Edit: Their guide is better and you can update it manually. The CONCACAF matches showed up mostly a full day before Hulu showed them.

17. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That is my understanding as well. I did quote you now what are you going to about it. Na na na na... :devilish::ROFLMAO::whistling:

18. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One could make the argument that you are doing more to help fans actually get to watch the Match than - - - oh I don't know.............CONCACAF.

Semblance17 repped this.
  19. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I can look for the Fox sports app, I know I didn't have a Fox Soccer plus app which is what I thought I was supposed to be looking for...

But what the heck is FS 1 authentication?

I don't have a laptop, the fire stick has Wi-Fi access to my upstairs desktop, but I sure can't plug that right into the TV.

Thanks for trying to help.

20. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FS1 authentication means that if you are a subscriber to a cable/satellite/whatever service that includes FS1, you should be able to log in and get the streams of the USA games in this tournament, even those that aren't on FS1.

21. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fox Soccer Plus is NOT an app in itself. It is simply part of some provider's (Like Sling or Fubo or Hulu) package.

FS1 authentication means that you must be subscribed to a provider's package that includes FS1 and use that provider to activate streaming in your apps.

To make it work you will need your Fire Stick to be able to access the internet and you will need a separate computer activate the app.

On your computer you should subscribe to whatever provider you choose. You do not need to keep the computer logged on to the provider after you subscribe.
    On your Fire Stick you will install the Fox Sports app. Then in the app you will start the process to connect your app to the provider's account. When it shows an activation code go back to your computer leaving the code on the screen.
    *On your computer go to the address shown on your Fire Stick. Enter the code on that site and then find your provider and follow the instructions shown. Once it authenticates the screen shown on the Fire Stick will change and you will be activated.

The above activation must be completed pretty quickly (5-8 minutes) or the Fire Stick will automatically generate a new code and you will have to start back where I marked with an *.

Writing it out makes it sound harder than it is. I activated My Fire TV and My Shield and My Roku in less than 5 minutes total.

Actually once you have a provider you may only need to install that provider's app if the package you get includes FS1, FS2 and Fox Soccer Plus.. That is why I recommend Hulu Plus Live TV. It includes everything needed at least for this tournament. There is the caveat I mentioned about Fox Soccer Plus not showing the Hulu guide for me. That is the only reason you need the Fox Sports app if you have Hulu.

I hope that helps some rather than confusing the issue more.

Finally you must be in the USA for almost any provider to work.

22. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It is currently 16:30 EST and I am reporting that the Fox Sports app is NOT working on my Fire TV or My Shield. It is producing an error saying that I have too many streams going but I have zero streams. I chatted with Fox Sports and they say it is a wide spread issue and they are "working" on it but they said the same thing around 12:00.

I have also tested and everything is working great on my Rokus. I do not know if it is related to having Hulu as my provider or if it not related to providers.

It is also working correctly on my computer.

I was not planing to use the app to watch but I know several people are so I thought I would update my info with what I know as of now.

Fox support suggested logging out and back in with Hulu. I tried that and it made no difference. Oh well, clueless support is not at all uncommon in the world of the internet.

23. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well this is just peachy, I have FS2 but not FS1 nor authentication of those other Fox Sports channels. So the funny thing is, I can watch the other CONCACAF match today but I can't watch the USWNT play. I honestly don't remember another time when USWNT was so inaccessible to watch. These matches should be broadcast on national television. Also to note, these are World Cup champions....

Lloyd Heilbrunn repped this.
  24. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of us have been around long enough that we remember the Matchtracker days. Ain't nothing as bad as that...

FuboTV might be the way to go for you. You can get a free one week trial.

jnielsen and CoachJon repped this.
  25. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Both matches are on Fox Soccer Plus so I do not understand how you are going to watch one and not the other. If you can access Fox soccer Plus to see the first match then you should also be able to access Fox Soccer Plus to see the second. You do NOT need FS1 unless you are using one of the Fox apps.