Olympic Qualifier (as it pertains to DCU fans)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by fatbastard, Nov 3, 2003.

1. andygus

andygus Member

Dec 13, 2001
    No. Va.
    I'll be coming and bringing at least one friend from work. Can anyone offer advice on how to drive there? Directions from the beltway would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Andy, It's pretty easy to get to..

Coming from No.Va, take the beltway (495) towards Rockville from the Mixing Bowl and take the 270 spur at the split.. Stay on 270 and exit on Germantown Rd. (Rte 118) west.. Go for about 2 or 3 miles and follow the signs for Germantown Recreational Park and you'll be there in no time..

See ya there,

Chris Webb

3. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    3 tix available

I have 3 tickets to the game that I can't use. My daughter just got sick and the changed the dates for testing at my job so none of us can make it.

If you are interested in the tickets PM me. I live in the Odenton/Ft. Meade area in MD.

Dave

4. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    The "handling fee" through the phone number at mdsoccerplex.org was only $3 per order. So I got 3 tix for $48 (probably cheaper than ticketmaster?).

5. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tailgate

There will be a byo pre-game tailgate in the usual spot: pavillion B in the park acrosss the street from the road turnoff to the stadium park. Booze display discipline is strongly encouraged (just ask Begbie)!

There is a shopping center on the right as you enter Outer Mongolia. There is a grocery store and, I believe, a liquor store -- not that anybody would be interested in alcohol, of course.

If you're coming from I-270 direction, the picnic area road entrance is at 9:00 o'clock in the little traffic circle. [The entrance to the soccerplex is at 3:00.] Take the single road about a quarter of a mile, beyond the baseball field and turn right into the parking lot. As you breach the crest of the parking lot plateau the pavillions loom immediately. There are only four of them, so finding us shouldn't be difficult, even for the directionally challenged. ;)

Red&Black and I will be there around 3:00 to get it going. I'm bringing my little grill in case it's pouring too much for the installed grill to be effective.

Hope to see you there--remember, the tables are very effectively covered, so rain is not a big deal.

GM

6. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Tailgate

Tailgates there are always a good time. Thank you (Montg. Cnty?) Md. taxpayers for that wonderful facility :)
    I'm hoping to sneak out of work at about 3:30 - I still haven't decided whether to take I270 or the ferry, this storm makes me want to avoid I270... Md. drivers are a wee bit nuts. I've never even been there from I270, but it's closer to work I think.

7. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    Re: Re: Tailgate

as opposed to the raving lunatic drivers in NOVA?

8. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Never mind that I think the Olympics are a crock (what with the rigged games and all), never mind the weather, who cares about the opponent -

I AM PREPARED TO TAILGATE FOR MY COUNTRY!!

And my kids are prepared to get out of school early, too!

9. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New sig. :D

See you tonight.

10. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    hey fatbastard, you need to leave before 3:30, leave at 2pm, tell them you have a "vendor meeting".

11. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WEATHER HOTLINE FOR SOCCERPLEX

No new updates at the moment but if you want to check before you headout:

Weather Hotline Number

For up to the minute weather reports and cancellations, call 301-528-1497.