Olympic Qualifier (as it pertains to DCU fans)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by fatbastard, Nov 3, 2003.

1. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a thing from ussoccerfans.com with a special offer for tickets to the St. Kitts qualifier on 11/19.
    Did anyone else get this and order tickets?
    It would be nicer of them to let us bypass ticketbastard altogether instead of just giving us $5 or $3 off, since TB adds like $9 to every ticket, but whatever.
    What do they consider the difference between midfield GA and sideline GA?
    I had failed to notice the deadline is tomorrow at midnight.

2. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I asked Sachin if US Soccer Supporters were doing another deal and it doesn't look like it so if you want to go this is probably the only "deal" (yeah the Ticketbastard charge really is appalling). Let's aim for the sides as it will be more likely we can stand and do our thing.

K

3. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I didn't get the thing - what are the ticket prices like? It would be nice to see the home team win one for a change...

4. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    So we want to get the cheaper "Regular General Admission" tickets? That's where the supporter groups will be sitting?

I don't want to spend more money and get stuck sitting with a bunch of soccer moms.

5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sounds like it. sideline it is then!
    funkfoot, check your PMs if you haven't already.

6. sckrmom

sckrmom New Member

Jul 17, 2003
    Gainesville, VA
    Hey!!! I resemble that remark:)

7. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    In case anyone glossed over Fat Bastard's post, notice that the deadline to pre-order is midnight Tuesday.

http://www.mdsoccerplex.org/

It should be a fun game.

8. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Neil, I didn't realize they had their own password there for the "special" sale (basically, they wipe out 2/3 of the ticketbastard fees, which is nice). I didn't want to post the letter I got since people get all bent out of shape for stuff like that.

It will be a fun game - much funner if my friend can get out of work in Va before the game starts.

sckrmom, as a mom into soccer - you must know how infuriating those other "soccer moms" are! You probably have to hang with them every weekend ;) I remember from when my ex-girlfriend's kid played. I'm sure you are completely different than them :)

See y'all at the game - maybe K will tell us where to meet when the date gets closer.

9. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    what about that park across the road and tailgating?

11. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as no one gets a ticket for drinking (and come Nov 19 it could be a little breezy!)

K

12. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    that was in the parking lot not the park. we kept all adult beverages in plastic cups and all bottles immediately disposed of, no problem. i'll bring a little something to ward off the chill ;)

13. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    The last tailgate there was awesome - better than the game, in fact! Unless there is an ice storm or something, we should go al fresco. And thanks for the info, K and FB.

14. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant more at the stadium than before the game. Before is always the park across the street ;-)
    I can't get off of work 'til 4:30, Lisa might not get off until after 5 ... so we may be there in time for kickoff. Damn jobs, who needs 'em! If it was a full USA game or a better opponent, I'd have a hell of a cold <cough cough> :)

15. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    I'll be there! Nothing like a qualifier before jetting off to Europe for more soccer games... :)

ME and I will be in the cheap seats...

16. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there as well.

18. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    I'm sure I'll end up there. Where's the ticket info?

The tailgate last time was awesome.

19. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh, gotcha. I'm not sure if the area we stood for the US Open Cup will be called sideline of midfield for this game but I'd aim for there or go to the right from there wherever is designated sideline.

I'll be coming from my new office on K St at that point so won't be getting there in time for any tailgating anyway.

K

20. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    he's alive! i thought you had met some coed and ran off and disappeared.

21. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    He did meet some coed...however he missed wide left and is now back... :eek: :)

22. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    If you want to go, you'd better order now. Ticketmaster is showing no seats left in the $25 section. There are seats left in the $15 section, but I'd guess those will be gone soon.

23. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    HUGE BUMP....

OK, so who's going to tailgate Wednesday? I know the weather forecast is fairly crappy right now, but the picnic area in the park across the road is covered, as I recall (right?). So the usual festivities could still take place...

24. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red&Black and I will be there. I presume Fatbastard and GettinBizzy will be tailgating.

Yes all tables are covered and each area has a grill. Area B (for BarraBrava) is our default location.

As for what time we'll be there, I imagine that depends on whether R&B is serious about going to Summers to watch Norway v Spain.

GM

25. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    FWIW, I bought my ticket at the Soccerplex on Thursday. It was $15.00 plus $3.00 more for "handling" etc. They still had $25.00 seats then, there.

Thx,

Jay!