Olsen for MLS Cup?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Allan Quatermain, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Allan Quatermain

Oct 23, 2001
    The Lost City of Gol
    Club:
    DC United
    Ben Olsen went down Sep 28. The reports have him out for six to eight weeks. We will be going for our fourth MLS Cup victory on November 23. So perhaps we might have Ben available.

Does anyone know how Olsen's convalescence is going?

And what about Milton Reyes, about whom we were told months ago that his return was imminent?

AQ

2. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    Milton isn't on the roster anymore. We dumped him so that we could fill his spot.

As for Olsen... if he want's to be back for the Cup and if DC makes it too the cup, then he could make the trip. But, if we make it to the Cup without him, I doubt we see him play.

3. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Re: Re: Olsen for MLS Cup?

He was placed on injured reserve, which renders him out for the rest of the season. He will be available for us again when play resumes next year.

4. grumpydcu

grumpydcu Member

Jan 1, 2002
    MD
    Re: Re: Re: Olsen for MLS Cup?

As I read injured reserve, a player must have an injury that will keep him out at least 15 days and he will not count against the active roster. It says nothing about not coming off injured reserve after he heals. This is not the NFL.

Also, what is the status of Q1. I read a week or two ago that he was starting to run and kick the ball around. According to the doctors report it was a minor operation with only minimal repair work performed. I would assume he should be available for selection in the near future. Has anyone heard?

5. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Olsen for MLS Cup?

We placed him on the season IR in order to free up a roster spot. I think Martins was the replacement. Therefore, we can't bring Reyes back, because we've effectively "replaced" him for the season.

RS

6. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Olsen for MLS Cup?

Sorry. Injured reserve was the wrong term. Inactive is the correct one.

7. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Hey, nice job hexing us.

1st round exit, here we come.
    Right back where we started from.

:rolleyes:

8. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    How many chickens you got in them there eggs?

9. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I was going to say something about chickens and eggs, but Knave beat me to it.

10. vivaelbolivar

vivaelbolivar New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    RFK & EL MADRIGAL
    its a pity reyes and etcheverry only will have played one season together (2002). i wonder how our line up will look next year?