Old Soccer videos

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by MeridianFC, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    I realize this is only marginally DC related, but some of the tapes in question feature United so there. I'm cleaning house and have come to the realization that I am never really going to watch all these random matches from 10 years ago. If you are at all interested PM me and you can have gratis my collection of VHS tapes featuring (at SLP speed to cram the most on 'em) Manchester United v. Juventus, Manchester United v. Bayern Munich, USA v. Guatemala, Everton v. Coventry, Bayern Munich v. Barcelona, DC United v. Cowlumbus, France v. Croatia (98 WC), Brazil v. Holland (98 WC), DC v. Miami, Rochester v. Colorado (99 USOC), Liverpool v Manchester United (99 FA Cup), NE v. DC (7/25/99), DC 1999 (???), Colorado v. DC (league 1997), Dallas v. DC (league 1997), English League Highlights, Italy v. France (98 WC), Brazil v. Denmark (98 WC), etc. etc. etc. I have quite a few in with the soccer tapes without labels so who knows.

There are 26 tapes in all, most have 2-3 games on 'em and as you can tell it's a mish mash of MLS, WC, EPL, UEFA Champion's League, etc. They're all probably from the 1996-1999 time frame though who knows. Obviously they predate dvd's wide coverage. I've not looked at any of 'em in a while so there's a chance any particular game might have been taped over. In any case I don't even own a VHS player any more. If I discover anymore in future, which is likely, they're yours too should you want 'em. You just have to arrange pick up. Soon. If I don't hear from anyone by Monday they're going in the SuperCan behind Casa MeridianFC.

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I would suggest you at least hold onto the DC united related ones and get them to Kyle Sheldon at some point. It's always good for the team to have as much in their archives as possible.

3. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Trust me none of this is archival stuff, it's certainly not in archival format. They have anything that would've been on CSN (wasn't it called something else back then?) or Fox Sport World/Soccer Channel. If they want it they can have it.

4. Doug Dobey

Doug Dobey New Member

Nov 27, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would also suggest that you watch Trainspotting again before giving away any old VHS tapes. Remember how that turned out? ;)

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    hee hee :D

6. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    I might be concerned about that eventuality if I had ever owned a video camera.

It's all still photography for me. Ahem.

BTW I found another batch of tapes today. Cripes I must've recorded every football match during 1999.

7. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    So far the only interest is from a Quakes fan. Odd that. In any case all of these gems ("gems"?) are getting binned tonight lest someone local speak up. Remember they're free.

8. Grasscutter

Grasscutter Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Atlantis
    Club:
    DC United
    Don't bin 'em, man--I sent you PM. I actually have my VCR set up now to translate some of my old game tapes to disc.

9. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Sorted. Tapes sold.....er...given away...whatever.

Mods you may close this now.