Oklahoma Supporters Group

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by adoptedsooner, Jan 17, 2011.

1. adoptedsooner

adoptedsooner Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Norman
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, I was seeing how many people were out there from Oklahoma, particularly OKC. I am interested in starting a supporters group to help build interest from a possible semi pro or pro team.

It'd be good to hear from you. Thanks.

2. Ricepa

Ricepa New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm all about a supporters group.

3. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not from OK, but with TU having a pretty good team, and Tulsa having had NASL back in the day, and OKC having become pretty big, I wonder why ther's not more love for a potential team here.

4. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bob Funk isn't a billionaire & Clay Bennett & Aubrey McLendon ain't into soccer.

5. adoptedsooner

adoptedsooner Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Norman
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funk used to own the hockey team here and was leading the charge to bring MLS before we lost out to Salt Lake. We had everything in place but when the chance to buy into the baseball team came up during the process he went with that. I don't blame him cause they have a swank downtown stadium so he wouldn't have to buy one. Years later, he doesn't own either club (though I believe his son owns the new hockey team) and he sold the baseball club to Mandalay Bay.

Meanwhile, the two primaries in the NBA team, Clay & Aubrey, aren't historically soccer guys, but I wouldn't put it past them to sponsor or own a club at some point. I think there has to be a solid business plan that allows them to make money. Let's face it soccer in the US isn't a money making venture in many areas. Unless you have the right formula for your level of play it doesn't work.

6. Jason Gonzales

Jason Gonzales New Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I want to start a supporter group as well. Please text me 405 816 0752