OKC Energy FC player thread

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Energy FC' started by SoccerPrime, Jan 24, 2014.

1. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    heres is the roster with jersey #:

#1 John Kempin Goal Keeper
    #2 Kyle Miller Midfielder
    #3 Peabo Doue Midfielder
    #4 Cyprian Hedrick Defenseman
    #5 Gareth Evans Defenseman
    #6 Tarek Morad Defenseman
    #7 David Leichty Midfielder
    #8 Michael Thomas Forward
    #9 Christian Duke Midfielder
    #10 Phillip Lund Midfielder
    #11 Adda DJeziri Forward
    #12 Max Gunderson Defenseman
    #16 Samir Badr Goal Keeper
    #17 Paul Wyatt Forward
    #18 Nate Shiffman Midfielder
    #21 Steven Perry Forward
    #22 Kyle Grieg Forward
    #23 Mark Howard Defenseman
    #24 Jennings Clark Goal Keeper

2. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    So that makes 20 players, correct? Is there a roster limit in USL?

4. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike (or anyone else),

Any chance you all can do a "projected" depth chart/starting XI? Would be interested to see what you all though after seeing a few preseason games. I know some of the new guys may alter it and even the loaned players (have they played in the preseason yet). Just would be curious to know how the loaned SKC players as well as the former SKC players stack up with the rest of the roster as well as what kind of formation Jimmy has been using in preseason.

5. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's pretty skimpy on defensemen - do you think a 3-5-2 is in order?

7. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    most likely

8. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, Thomas spent a good chunk of his time so far as a mid - I wouldn't be surprised to see he and a few of those six(!) forwards play roles in the middle.

Is Kempin our go-to in goal? I'd like to see Clark get a shot - I watched him for OKCFC last year

9. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless you're saying a 3-5-2 "most likely" because you've seen it in the preseason, I doubt this is the case. Kyle Miller is listed as a M but played RB and CB some for KC in reserve games. Like you've said, Thomas plays a M position and is listed as a F. These could be "errors" or depends on how Jimmy wants to call the positions ... 4-3-3- and 4-5-1 are very similar and it depends on if you call your wings forwards (like SKC does) or midfielders. I'd worry less about the "positions" and more about how they line up and play in the games before getting too concerned about being short on defenders. A 3-5-2 with players that typically play outside backs moved up higher is very interesting though.

As far as GK's ... I think you'll like Kempin and you can let th other two battle it out to see who is the GKer of the future for OKC. I think Kempin will be a 1 or 2 year limit and he'll move up to SKC to be the #1 or 2 in the next year or so.

10. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "USL PRO rosters consist of 26 players with 18 designated for each game. In addition to the 26 players allowed on the master roster, a team may register as many as 5 academy players. Academy players do not count against the 26 players on the master roster and are allowed to participate in all competitions. To be considered an academy player, all of the following must be in place:
    a) player is younger than 21 as of the official start date of the current season,
    b) player cannot compete (or have ever previously have competed) in any NCAA or NAIA university or college soccer program, and
    c) player has never been signed or registered as a professional soccer player as recognized by FIFA.

The academy player must play for a club which conducts its activities within the team’s franchise territory or play for a club which has a documented affiliation with the team. Additionally, teams with MLS affiliations may use the academy players of their MLS affiliate. Academy players do count against a team’s maximum of seven foreign players."

Yes, "or have ever previously have competed" is USL's version of Mellencamps "No, I cannot forget from where it is that I come from."

Zamphyr repped this.
  11. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So that's five Academy slots that we can also fill up with local brats from Edmond or Norman - or possibly a kid from the Southside who is used to playing with his uncles on an abandoned lot.

NegativeCreep repped this.
  12. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or evidently academy kids from SKC's system.

13. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems that we are going to run 4-3-3 (call it 4-5-1 all you want, but those were attack- minded wings) with Thomas anchoring the middle. Smart to align with KC's setup

14. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    When I read the starting lineup on Facebook, I thought it might be a 4-3-3. Did you attend the game? How was the attendance? I know it was a pre-season game with free admission, but just curious what the crowd was like.

15. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone care to comment about the "need" at RB? How has the Energy Backline been liningup? Who has struggled, who has played well? Just curious to see what happens when Ellis is entered in at RB.

Thanks!

17. FCjason

FCjason Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The player I came away with being the most impressed with was #15 Kevin Ellis. I thought he had a great game at LB. He defended well, got involved on the offensive side with some great overlapping runs. He was my Energy player of the match.

I was really disappointed that it was so windy. I know that had a huge factor in the game (ball control, possession and long balls). Hopefully, the next home game isn't too windy.

Overall, I Came away very impressed with teams chemistry. That's hard to develop in a such a short period of time. It's too bad we had that mix-up giving them that 2nd goal. Should've been a tie game.

18. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks ... as an SKC fan that wasn't able to watch it online this is great news. Who was lined up across the back? Was Howard or Miller in the midfield? I'm assuming Hedrick and Evans were at CB and you stated Ellis was at LB.

Thanks!

19. FCjason

FCjason Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll admit I'm not familiar with the players on the club yet, at all. Ellis is just a player who really stood out to me as being a complete player. Another that stood out to me was #11 Adda Djeziri. He seemed to just always be involved in the attack, made good diagonal runs. It was hard for me to catch a lot of the players numbers from where I sat. Again, I'm still getting familiar with team.

20. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well thanks ... Ellis is a SKC rostered player, as well as Kempin the GK and Duke (a mid that didn't play this game due to an injury the week before). Thomas (a defensive mid) and captain for the Energy was on the SKC squad last year until he was traded to Toronto. Miller (a RB/Mid/sometimes CB?) was also on the SKC roster last year but didn't play outside of a couple of friendlies. Lietchy came on late as a sub and was signed directly out of the SKC acadamy to the Energy. The player you referred to (#11 - Adda Djeziri) trialed with SKC a couple years ago I believe but was never signed to a contract. I'm mostly interested in the players still on the SKC roster (Ellis/Kempin/Duke) but there are so many connections that I'm rooting heavily for OKC.

21. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also forgot that Hedrick was drafted by SKC and was signed but not sure if he even lasted a full year with the club.

Adda and Lund are players Jimmy (Energy Coach) is familiar with due to all of them being Danish.

22. C. B.

C. B. Member

Sep 6, 2013
    OKC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the YouTube link to watch the game if you are interested in watching the archived match.

Blando13 repped this.
  23. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure it's strange. I think due to Orlando's success this year and limited minutes Lopez has gotten, coupled with SKC's injury/international absenses the "2 players to Orlando" have been pushed to the back burner. SKC likely wants Lopez to get more minutes and Orlando understands that and since he wasn't vital to their efforts they didn't push the issue. Duke's coming up to help a troubled roster with international absenses and injuries running around! SKC will likely make some moves in the transfer window with the extra $$ they just got from selling a player for ~1.7M to Sporting Clube de Portugal and Duke will come back down to OKC.

I'm not sure we'll see another SKC player sent to Orlando ... could be wrong though.