Okay, what is your prediction for Tuesday?

Discussion in 'Elections' started by MtMike, Oct 31, 2004.

1. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, who do you think will win (not who do you want to win) on Tuesday. Put aside your wants and dig down deep inside and say who you think will win and by how much.

2. sebakoole

sebakoole New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    Partly cloudy with slight chance of rain.

3. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I have no idea, but post-debates I feel pretty good about Kerry's chances.

4. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kerry will win the popular and electoral votes by narrowly carrying Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida and Nevada.

5. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, only two votes for Bush to win.

6. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Out of a sample size of 15? :rolleyes: Given the BigSoccer political climate this indicates a Bush landslide. Of course the margin of error is plus or minus 100%. :p

7. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless one side wins by 5% or more, it will be contested. Even then I wouldn't be surprised by a Chicken Little screaming "fraud."

8. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    One way or another, I hope it's a landslide.

9. Noix de Coco

Noix de Coco New Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Northern VA
    Sorry...I can't stand Bush and even though I'm campaigning for the Democrats, I just don't think Kerry is going to win. This country is too ignorant to elect him. Bush has a carte blanche...he gets away with so much, lies, lies and more lies, and is not held accountable for the crap job he's done these past 4 years.

10. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Hey, a few years ago in this state, the GOP candidate for Snohomish County executive cried voter fraud ...

... after losing by 15 points. :rolleyes:

My prediction: Kerry kicks ass. The polls, as they did in 2000, underestimate Democratic support, only more so this time. Kerry's electoral vote total will be well into the 300s.

Bush will still refuse to concede, but Kerry will simply declare victory. The lawyers will war, and the Ds will win the clash of the briefcases, then add their own spin to trash-talk with new and inventive uses for Latin and subordinate clauses.

The House may very well go Democratic; if not, the Democrats will retake the Senate as well as the White House. If it's a GOP House, the Republicans will find themselves labeled as obstructionist, especially as pressure comes from international investors to do something about the deficit.

11. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Can't argue with you there, Americans must be dumb if the choice boils down to Dubya and the Ketchup Queen.

Anyone else want to ask for a mulligan?

12. csc7

csc7 New Member

Jul 3, 2002
    DC
    Kerry wins narrowly. House stays R, Senate stays R by 1 seat, excluding LA runoff.

13. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I found THK's screen name. :D

14. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Bush: 314 (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming)

Kerry: 224 (California, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachussetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington)

15. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    You forgot Poland! :D

Ok, that was soooooo last month.

After you state by state list I should have gone with the instant classic...

[dean]YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAOOOOOOO!!!!!![/dean]

16. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    Here is mine.

Kerry wins the electoral vote, but loses the popular one.

Both houses remain Republican.

Off course as my namesake suggest.....I know nothing.

17. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Bush, narrowly. Unless the wilder predictions about voter turnout are accurate both in terms of numbers and significance.

18. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Wisconsin and Michigan for Bush? Alex, you can't be a navy pilot if you keep dropping LSD.

19. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Michigan is MY state. We will not vote Bush. Hell, we didn't the first two times around (primary and presidential elections in 2000).

20. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's all over. Kerry wins easily.

21. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly have absolutely no idea, and won't be staying up to find out, as I don't think that it will be settled that night, or the next.

But I'll tell you two things:

(1) In terms of elections in my lifetime (since 1970), this is the most important.

(2) The currently ignored Senate races may be just as important, especially if BushCorp. returns to lead Empire.

22. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am 100% certain that Kerry will win the overall popular vote. The electoral vote... well, I think he'll win, but it'll be close. I'll trust Zogby when he says Kerry will win, but I don't have a solid feeling about that.

23. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    Zogby is the best pollster, but even he is having a hard time.

24. sebakoole

sebakoole New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    Kerry wins.

(1) Polls aren't showing the choice of the 18% of us without land lines. The vast maojrity of people without land lines are in the 18-29 age bracket and will vote predominantly for Kerry.

(2) Polls that are showing likely voters aren't including new registrants, the majority of whom are Democrats.

Polls are underestimating Kerry's support. Kerry will win. Bush will be without a job. I hear they need research subjects at the Yerkes Primate Research Center in Atlanta. He can qualify for that.